Challenge Diary Challenge 2013 question for mini challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    OOOhh! Fun. My muse needed a kick in the butt and this may have helped. Though I may use it in August.
    Last edited by Briannakin, Jul 2, 2013
  2. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Are we going to a mini challenge for October?
  3. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
  4. Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    The diary index has been updated. Please let me know if I've missed anything.
  5. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    October is for Fall or Halloween. Maybe changing of the seasons or something scary for the mini challenge.
  6. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    How something different like Sith scare or treat Night [face_thinking]
    Last edited by Falcon, Oct 7, 2013
  7. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Ready to sign up for next year. :D [face_blush]
  8. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Me too [face_dancing] A Mara diary is rolling around in my head and I'm going to avidly beg @serendipityaey for a JGS diary -- Elleree (her OC) LOL [:D] =P~
    serendipityaey likes this.
  9. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    I really like doing these Journals because you really don't need a plot. I mean…nobody really has a plot in real life…things just happen. Sometimes they are good things and sometimes bad.

I was thinking of a double journal. I was going to have my OC Talon Tantiss and Ben Skywalker working together closely. I would be interested in seeing how the two interpret the same life circumstances differently. I think I have seen double journals before. Are their double journals?
  10. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    @Jedi_Lover - what an intriguing idea - a double journal. [face_thinking] I bet an L/M double would be very interesting - besides the natural differences you'd get based on their life experiences making for different frames of reference, you have the GFFA version of Mars versus Venus [face_laugh] :cool:
    Last edited by Nyota's Heart, Dec 1, 2013
  11. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Luke and Mara would be a great double journal for an AU story that starts right after he gives her his lightsaber. They go back to their rooms and both think about that gesture. Maybe Luke sees it as a way to encourage her to train and Mara sees it as a possible romantic gesture. It would be fun to see those two misinterpreting each other's actions.
    Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  12. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    Eh, why not? Might be fun. So...I'm on board once this starts up again.
  13. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    that would be a fun way to explore :)
    Nyota's Heart likes this.
  14. serendipityaey Force Ghost

star 4
    Oooohh, hmmmmmm...
    Nyota's Heart likes this.
  15. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    I have been writing a triple journal this year (Students) and have done a double journal before

I have plans for continuing Kaagi's diary and will start a new one about a republic, imperial, rebel pilot
  16. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I'm kinda sad that my diary died this year. I really like writing it, but many of you know of my bi-polar summer, which killed it.

I'm definitely going to try to do a 2014 diary (hopefully it'll be a less year poopie for me). I have a couple of ideas, but I've had a plot that's been bugging me for a while now. It's rather dark, but I think it'll make a brilliant diary and I've finally figured out how to do it. If I do it it'll be much less of a "this happened today" type diary, but more of a reflection (for the first few entries anyways). But it is very dark so I'm not sure if I could do it on these boards, make it PG, and still do it justice. Maybe I'll decide on one of my other ideas.
  17. Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    The Diary challenge thread for 2014 is officially open

You may discuss at your leisure Here

The Index will be updated shortly.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.