main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends [Diary Challenge] The Diary of a Je'Daii (Updated 20/02/2012)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by moosemousse, Jan 15, 2012.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Title: The Diary of a Je'Daii
    Author: moosemousse
    Timeframe: 2,500 years BBY
    Characters: OCs
    Genre: Diary
    Keywords: Diary challenge
    Summary: The diary of an OC kept 2,500 years BBY.
    Notes: This takes place during the new Dawn of the Jedi comic series that's coming out soon. That will be my main source of information and as such this may contain spoilers for the comic series. More note will be added here.

Mini Challenge Entries:

Miscellaneous Stuff:
    Jedi in the time period are called Je'Daii, so I will be using that.

2. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Dear Diary,

I find myself standing upon a precipice, gazing down into a bottomless abyss. It's as though the events to come will shape not just the rest of my life but the fate of the galaxy for thousands of years. I feel the weight of many worlds pressing down upon my shoulders but I'll stand strong and bear my responsibilities.

Let's hope I don't mess things up.

This diary will be used to keep account of my actions in the hope that they may provide guidance. Even if that guidance turns out to be a 'what not to do guide' it will still be useful, I hope.

And now, I think I shall meditate on what lies ahead of me, of all of us.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice and interesting timeperiod you have

4. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan: thanks! I thought I'd go with this era as it's all shiny and new and if I make mistakes then no one will know. ;) Seriously though, it'll be fun for both of us. :)

Dear Diary,

I awoke several hours before dawn this morning with this urge to wander. I didn't know where this urge would lead me to and I had no particular desire to go anywhere but I'm old enough to know that I should listen to such urges and young enough to get up several hours earlier than normal. There seemed no particular urgency to the urges so I made myself a stim drink and slowly got dressed in some robes suitable for both night and day. After grabbing my swords I set out on my nocturnal wanderings.

The dark of night and the faint light of the stars can made the familiar landmarks of Tython seem as alien and unknown as the day I first saw them. I didn't need to know where I was going though. I just let the Force guide me. It wasn't until dawn started to break that I began to recognise where I was and as the sun rose I found myself heading towards the Padawan Kesh, the temple where the young that are strong in the Force live until they are taken as Padawans.

It seemed a little busier than normal as I wove my way towards a vantage point where I could see the whole crowd. They saw before I did the great Tho Yor pyramid ship as it descended through the atmosphere with all the grace of a mountain in a ballet skirt. It was then that I realised why it was so busy. There were new younglings coming and the Je'Daii were looking for potential Padawans and the young were looking for potential friends or more of their kind.

I didn't notice as another Je'Daii sauntered over to where I was standing until he spoke. I recognised his voice straight away. I didn't like him. He was smug and proud and always ready to make himself look far more important or impressive than he really was. "I wasn't expecting to see you here," he said, "I didn't think you'd want to look for a Padawan, at least not yet, or, well, ever."

"If it is the will of the Force," I shrugged off his comments.

He snorted. "The will of the Force, I must remember to use that one." He looked up at the ship, "they are rather impressive, aren't they?"

I looked at him for the first time. He was as smug and as preened as ever with his arms crossed and his chest puffed up like some bird seeking a mate. "To you, maybe, but to those they gather they must be terrifying."

"Hardly terrifying," he chided as though talking to a child. "What could be terrifying about being given a new life full of wonder and being taught to use the gifts the Force has given you?"

I wanted to punch him in his smug face or walk away or both, but there was this urge to stay. "Some of those children have never seen so much as a sword before, and to see this gigantic thing descend like some sort of god and then to see these robed figures emerge? It's understandable that there have been attacks reported. Not only that but they are then torn away from their families, friends, communities, and delivered here where we know nothing and no one."

"Can I remind you that those friends and families and communities would have killed those children?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"That's not always the case!" I tried not to raise my voice. I turned back to where the new arrivals were standing in a nervous group surrounded by strangers. Memories crept in unbidden and I tried to ignore them. "It has happened in the past but it doesn't always. But then you were from a rich family on a developed world used to seeing space travel and more. Every other world must seem like barbaric and full of hostile savages to you."

"Something like that," he said dismissively. He seemed distracted though so I'm not sure he heard everything I said. "If you'll excuse me, I think I see a potential Padawan in the crowd." He left abruptly and he went so did the urge to linger.

Why did the Force take me there? Why did it make me talk to him of all people? We did it make me remember? Another Je'Daii, one I co

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice entry and like to see more of the culture.