Challenge Diary Challenge Thread 2012 Important annoucement please read and respond

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 6, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Hey. I feel compelled to post here. I completed my diary and I'm officially dropping out of the challenge. I hope to be back and see you all here in January!!!!!!!! Maybe you'll get your baby Luke mush in 2013.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. Volund Starfire Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have a strange question for the next challenge... what if we have a multi-tiered story that will run longer than a single year? Do you have to begin it on or about January 1st and end it on or about December 31st, or can it run longer?
  3. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    You know... I wonder the same thing. There's a chance that one of my diaries may go that route.
  4. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, can you continue the same diary for a second year and compete?
  5. Volund Starfire Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is this thread/idea still alive?
  6. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Most people are still posting their diary, so it may be going on still.
  7. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I am so far behind on my diary (with nothing interesting happening in the intervening months) that I may skip those months and post the current stuff, and just put the backlogged stuff on Star Wars Fanon.
  8. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    I got so much written I can post something every three days until the end of the year. :p I was having fun with the diary. I don't have many readers...so I may be the only one having fun.
  9. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm having fun with it, too, that's why I want to skip my backlogged months and get to the new stuff!
  10. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Someone has done a diary that continued past the end of the first year, and second if I remember correctly. I don't know if a continuing diary counts for the next year but there's nothing to stop you continuing it anyway. :)
  11. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    If you skip ahead will your readers be able to understand what is going on? I have been reading your diary.

I know you can continue your story. I would like to know can you continue the same diary for the next year as long as you comply with the rules? Meaning you post all your entries you have written in 2012 in that same year and you start writing new entries in Jan 2013 for that year's challenge.
    Last edited by Jedi_Lover, Oct 23, 2012
  12. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    The same persons writing this year's diaries (all entries are written and will be posted in the coming weeks) will be writing them next year.
  13. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, what I was thinking of doing was writing up another doctor's note to explain anything that had gone on in those intervening months, as well as putting a link to the entries on Star Wars Fanon. But, I may just buckle down and type up the rest and throw a bunch up in one go.
  14. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, do a couple posts a week until you are caught up. Or combine two entries into one big post.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade