main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Diary of a Moisture Farmer; OCs, DDC 2014

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Jan 1, 2014.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Luke and Ben stirred up the sand and more;)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent tie-in to ANH =D= Very much what a neighbor/acquaintance would ponder in the face of such momentous strange occurrences.

3. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    They did, earlybird. Let's hope he doesn't have to bear the consequences...

Thank You Nyota's Heart. :) Doing my best to keep the source materail somewhat releveant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talked to Dak about the wedding, but he said the date will stay. Mostly because Bryenne will kill anybody who disagrees with her. Got the presents and flavoured the moonshine. It looks pretty, too, rather pink. We'll have the normal stuff for the stag night. Considered colouring it black as a sign of commiseration but decided against it. It would look too much like machine oil.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Nope, do not want to drink machine oil [face_rofl] And just wait. Once the diarist meets his own true love, he'll be more understanding of the desire to celebrate ;)

5. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Yeah, we'll leave the machine oil to his droids, they'l need it. And find love, Nyota's Heart? Him? I am highly in doubt. :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attended the funeral. Seems they have enough relatives around who will take care of things. Unfortunately, they are moisture farmers as well, so an auction of the equipment is unlikely. Not that I could afford anything right now.

Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Went to Toshe Station for cables and adapters, got some power converters on a bargain. Some local kid ordered them but never collected them. Their funeral. Asked about a translation device for my water evaporators. Fixer said the Lars had just bought a protocol droid for that. Will keep my eyes open if it turns up somewhere. Jawas can salvage gear from the worst burnt places.

7. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    The farmers founded a militia to protect ourselves against the Sand People. I think those have been quieter than us lately. But there's no reasoning with those in fear. Didn't join and got told they won't protect my farm then. I wonder what the Empire is thinking of this.

8. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Had sand in my breakfast. Patrolled the units and cleaned them all. Found more sand than I cared for. At least it's getting warmer again. I can soon put the extra blanket back onto the shelf again. (To gather more sand.) Swept the whole place and made sure the presents were still nicely wrapped and not just buried under sand.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And no empire to protect the farm?
    Everything gets buried under the sand;)

10. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I guess the Empire has other things to worry about, earlybird. Like Luke on the loose and Leia gone and things like that...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems some lads in the militia got their heads a little big and went of on a preemptive strike. Killed some Sand People, too, if you believe them. This won't end well. There's still dark tales around from the last time a guy killed Sand People. And he wiped out a whole clan, or that's the story. Not that I believe it because there were a lot of Sand People killing farmers in the aftermath.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Tales from a dark Jedi?

12. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Just old tales. Or maybe not that old, earlybird. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far no response from the Sand People. With some luck the lads are just exaggerating and all they killed was their curiosity. And maybe a womp rat or two. Not a pity about that. Still, they did bring home trophies. And last I heard the Sand People didn't throw stuff away. We'll see.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I hope he stays clear of trouble with Sand People

14. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Me too, earlybird.[face_nail_biting]

---------------------------------------------------

Managed to get in the harvest. Nothing to shout about but it will keep me going for the season. Did not go off to buy myself a treat because the evaporator on the southern slope is acting up. My reward for the work will likely be some new transformator for that stinker. Will control it on the next patrol and see what I'll have to invest. Maybe I can upgrade it at the same time.

15. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Yay for weddings. Had a great night out in Mos Eisley with Dak and gang. Poor sod is to be married tomorrow. But, hey. We got all wasted in the cantina and then we found that there's a place for alien strip. No joking. The things we saw! Boggle the mind and also did not turn me on any. I seem to be human-sexual.

Dak forbade me to drive home, actually he forbade all of us and we crashed a hotel, if you can call this hole a hotel. Hole-tel more like. They have bugs the size of womp rats. But after a few more drinks we stopped caring. Guess, I fell asleep on the floor, too.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the description of Mos Eisley with the hole-tel

17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thank you, earlybird. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, hangovers are killer. I never felt so bad in my life. And that was just the start. This is hands down the worst day in my life so far. And I might not survive it because the wedding presents for Dak and Bryenne burnt with the rest of my farm.

Force, I owe that guy my life! Had I gone back yesterday, I'd be steak now, or charcoal. The Sand People raided a few homesteads on the fringe in retribution of the lads killing some of theirs. This will end in tears. Not that I will live to see it if Bryenne finds out the present is gone. She has been really looking forward to getting a new vibro jack-knife.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, yikes! And he didn't even participate in the militia thingamajig. Now those dudes probably wished they'd listened. :( Awful about the presents too. Can't seem to catcha break. :p

Ewok Poet likes this.
  19. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Yeah, Nyota's Heart, he can't make up his mind which loss is worse: the house or the presents. Sound like a sensible person, doesn't he?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Survived the wedding by creating a voucher for said knife from the burnt scraps of my home. At least Bryenne is appeased now. The other farmers not so much; they are talking war. This is certainly going to be a nasty place to live in the coming time. Got me a room in Mos Eisley which is not a solution, but can't move in with anybody right now. Certainly not Dak though he offered.

20. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Heard about the Lars' homestead. Pity, they were real nice people. Won't get to talk to them about their new units now. Not sure what will happen to them. The units, I mean. The Lars will be buried, or at least what was left of them.

Young Luke is missing, the Empire is real concerned. If we see him anywhere we're to let them know. Also we're to be extra wary because of the Sand People now. I wonder what provoked the attack. They're usually quite. But who knows what provoked them. And Luke was always whizzing around places he shouldn't. I hope he's alright.

Now we all know about the time frame your diary takes place. In so far it is fun to read, even though sand in oneĀ“s food is NOT fun. I know that as a kindergarten teacher. Anyway, I am glad he survived the wedding and that Bryenne is appeased.

*was not around for this week a mega cluster .... happened!

I tell you more about it on skype. But to relax you: my father set some things straight & I was busy to push everything aside, being nice, sweet & brilliant when it mattered.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Maybe Mos Eisley can keep him out of trouble. He should visit a certain eopie stable;)

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yup. ;)

23. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    He should be used to the sand by now, Azure, or more clean about it. ;)

I am not sure he's interested in eopies, earlybird and Nyota's Heart. But who knows? After all, they are tasty. :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems there is no demand for moisture farmers around here. The Sand People hit some more farms. Now there is more farmers than farms and not really any land to build new farms on. Everybody is scared to live too close to the enraged Sand People. Me included. Times could be better.

24. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    A war seems to develop.

* promises NOT to call your on your mobile phone so early on a Saturday morning ever again

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, the farmers seem to be between several rocks and a hard place. Moisture farming is the main, if not only, livelihood, and now pragmatically they're not able to continue with it, even if they're not emotionally intimidated. The Sand People have a gridlock rather like organized crime-lords [face_thinking]