main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Diary of a Moisture Farmer; OCs, DDC 2014

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Jan 1, 2014.

1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    And who's fault is it Azure? The Empire... :rolleyes:

I am amazed at how much he actually likes his life, sand and hardship and everything, Nyota's Heart. Luckily he's also deeply pragmatic. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Checking out my chances off-planet. Wanted to go to Alderaan, but was told the planet doesn't exist anymore. Didn't know that was a possibility. Maybe they're just ********s with their immigration politics. Most of it was too cold anyway. Need more information about planets with a moderate climate like this. Who closed down the library here, I wonder. If we ever had one.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL - "moderate" climate :p I can well imagine that hearing of a whole planet going out of existence would seem a very strange exaggeration at the least. [face_thinking]

Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    he sure likes it hot[face_laugh]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  4. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Yeah, how likely is it, Nyota's Heart? o_O Aned people/governments being idiots is a lot more common...

Somebody has to like the climate, earlybird. :p

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this militia talk is not for me. I want to live in peace. So off-planet it will have to be. The farmers are no happy with the Sand People and vice versa. Still, both are only considering more violence. Well, let them, but without me. I'll just get myself hired on the next big ship leaving from here.

Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, a journey. Despite the well-common knowledge among Hobbits that it is a dangerous business leaving one´s home. ;)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice cross-fandom reference Azure ;) and looking forward to the journey and adventures in other places :cool:

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Now we are going to see more planets and his comments?

8. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Does it still count as leaving one's home if that has been razed, Azure? :p

You sure there will be adventures, Nyota's Heart? He might just find another desert planet ad be happy. :D

Maybe, earlybird. He does have a unique perspective that doesn't always include the useful... :oops:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did I say about big ships? Maybe I should have researched that first. They are definitely not leaving from here. Smaller ships come and go all the time, but usually the captains and sparse crew are not very open towards people. And hiring – you can forget about that. The two usual answers are 'can't even feed the people I have' and 'sod off.'

Maybe there actually more smugglers touching down here than other people. Come to think of it, what would other people want here? Looking at my home planet objectively, it has nothing much to offer. There's sand, but there is only so much of that people can stand, even natives. Then there is, uh, Sand People and Jawas and banthas. And, uh. Yeah.

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dang, that the Falcon is already off-planet. :(

10. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Yep, Azure. He'll have to find another way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitely need to leave this place. Apart from my money running out, there are really unsavoury people around. I saw one completely armoured up and he was not Imperial. You can always tell those because they're shiny white. Wonder how they keep the sand off. But that one, he, or she, who can even tell? was wearing green. Looked like a walking armoury. Nope, this is not the planet for me any longer.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, not good. More armored goons. :eek:

Ewok Poet likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He met Fett?
    [face_skull]

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Apart from my money running out, there are really unsavoury people around.

I know too well about the money part.

And the person in green armour... Boba? [face_thinking]

14. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Be careful who you call a goon. Nyota's Heart. :p

'Met' would be too strong a word, earlybird. Otherwise, yes.

Indeed, Azure. You and me both. Only we don't get a Boba thrown into the mix. :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moved to Bestine but things didn't really improve with that. The only way to get off this dustball is joining the Empire. Great. What I always wanted. I do hope they also train accountants or builders. There is any number of jobs I'd rather have than soldier. Not that you get a choice. For anything that is not soldering you need to go to an academy and those have wicked exams. I haven't looked at a book in ages. What is there in them that helped me doing my job anyway?

I could always ask my friends. If there is anything about moisture farming in a book one of us didn't know, I'll eat my- well, I won't. I don't even own enough stuff any longer that I could afford to eat any of it. Had to sell even my speeder to pay the rent for the horrible room I live in. Still, better than being roasted and breaded in sand outside. At least I can pretend to keep the sand out by sweeping great amounts of it out of my door. That there are still copious amounts left everywhere doesn't matter.

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The only way to get off this dustball is joining the Empire. Great. What I always wanted. I do hope they also train accountants or builders.

An Empire needs accountants and builders. As you may know yourself after gazing at ancient China in RL recently. ;)

16. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    It does, Azure. But will it hire just anybody to do the job? Canon fodder has to be replaced so much more often. :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there is a rebellion underfoot.
    I was contacted by nice young people who asked my why I wanted to join the Empire and didn't I know about the atrocities it committed. They launched into a long speech describing the atrocities in grisly detail. It seems Alderaan did not just change its policies but was indeed wiped out by the Empire. We discussed the physics and consequences of that a little. I mean, who would want to fight somebody who could just explode your planet?

They assured me that the Death Star, silly name for such a horrible weapon if you ask me, had been destroyed. By a native of Tatooine no less, didn't I know? Well, I didn't. Seems young Luke had gotten around instead of fried by Sand People. No wonder the Empire was keen on news about him. Though back then he couldn't have blown up anything yet. Apart from the occasional womp rat, but that is sport, not crime.

I told them that I didn't want to fight at all. All I wanted was to get off the planet that had no job for me but couldn't afford the fare. So the Empire was the last chance. They told me to sit tight and not join the Empire yet. They'd see what they could do. Well, I paid the rent for another week in advance. And if I join the Empire, I can just move into their camp, so I can do that.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Sitting tight. Sweeping sand out of my room. Upended the mattress and beat some sand out of it. Lots of sand. Everywhere. Swept it out as well. Sat tight again. Boring.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed the last 2 updates. I hope he joines the Rebellion. ;) Nice to read Luke's reputation has already gotten around and back home LOL

19. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Not sure if I should get your hopes up, Nyota's Heart. After all I have seen the end(s) of this. [face_nail_biting]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still sitting tight. Can't even call anybody on the comm because I can't afford the fees. Feel stuck. Walked around and stared at things. Kicked sand.

20. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Love these! Love the voice :)

21. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thank youserendipityaey. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

The rebellious boys were there again. Seems that those big ships require more staff then troops. Great. Non-troop. That's me.

So my acquired expertise in removing sand from my units qualifies me to work in maintenance. My shuttle leaves in two days. Not that I have anything to do until then except counting grains of sand and make sure my last clothes don't fall apart on my back.

Oh, and get to know auntie Ell. Yep. New job, new aunt. Okay, not quie. Actually aunt Ell did exist and just got kinda lost in space some years ago. I never knew her well and didn't much care.

Well, that is all behind me now. Now aunt Ell has always been my favourite aunt for as long as I can remember. And I will feel a burning desire to keep her up-to-date with my life.

Does that sound like spying to you? To me it does. But caught between soldiering and spying, I know what I can do.

Correct! Sweep sand.

22. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    So shuttles don't have windows. Neither does the ship. And does anybody bother to tell me what it looks like? I think not. At least I know where my escape pod is and how an orderly retreat looks like. In theory.

"What did you expect?" Konkers asks. "It's a warship after all."

Well bother. Why can't I just get a nice quiet job an a freighter or something?

"Because you're not posh enough," he let me know.

I am not ragged anymore either, though. The Empire does provide nice clean jumpsuits and some slacks for off duty. I feel respectable again. Not that there's anybody to impress here.

23. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
  24. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    That's what you think now, serendipityaey. [face_mischief] ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still nobody to impress. My roomies are not people I want to impress. There's a plethora of different droids and they're fun to tinker with. But who'd wanna impress those? There's also no sand. Half the time I have no idea what the droids' problems are because there is definitely no sand to be cleaned out of them. But I'm coping. So are they.

Unlike them, I am freezing. They say this crate is conditioned, but to do what, I wonder? It's frigging freezing here. I guess it's all that cold space around us. How nobody ever complains is beyond me.

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am impressed! :D And I am not freezing while packing my moving boxes!