main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Dickens Christmas at Cow Palace

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Nebelwerfer, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    The Dickens Christmas event starts in a few weeks and I would like to see if any of you were planning on attending.
    If you have never been, it is a festival modeled after Victorian Era London with singing, dancing, vendors and steampunk exhibits and much more. You can dress up or come in civies. It lasts for several weekends and I plan on attending more than one, so maybe you could express you interest in this thread and we all could possibly meet up there.

http://www.dickensfair.com/

When: Starts Friday Nov 27 through Dec 20 on the weekends 11am to 7pm sunday

Where: Cow Palace

2. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Been going a couple years now and will probably go again this year. Pretty fun.

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Several important things to establish this as a possible event Blu Ray. :oops: First: WHEN....? Second: WHERE...? Third: LINKS...?

Now... make use of those infinite edits and let us know that info. lol :p

4. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm planning to go this year. How about going the weekend of Nov 28? Weekends in Dec are already looking busy and I need to fit my bday in there somewhere.

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I don't know about the weekend of the 28th. That's Thanksgiving Day weekend, when everybody is off school and shopping and going out. It might be too crowded.

6. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    That'll do Blu Ray. :cool:

7. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I can bet you I'll be attending this year. I really want to get my costume finished. I started it two years ago, but never seem to actually get it completed (a silk victorian day dress). If I do finish the costume, it will be worn towards the end of December. But I'll go out of costume too since I'd like to be able to shop in the stores easily.

Weekend of Thanksgiving is probably a no go.

8. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    I'm going to go on sunday.

9. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    We may go Sunday... but David has not been feeling well. Anyway, Sat or Sun was our original plan for this weekend. I need to get inspired to finish my costume!

We will probably be there on the 20th. Maybe the 13th.

10. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm going tomorrow with my mom. It was one of the only weekend days free I had coming up.

11. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    I'll be there with some friends, I'll look for you

12. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Haha, Tom saw me at Mad Sal's! I was right in front of him watching the show. I thought I'd run into you later Tom and take a photo of your Steampunk-ish outfit but I never saw you again.

Sorry I didn't see you Rachel :(

Our photos are here (David's are better than mine, his camera better equipped for the dark lighting there): http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/dickensfair/dickensfairsunnov29th2009

I won't be able to go next weekend because of the Modesto Parade on Sat, and the San Jose parade on Sunday. I hope to go the Sunday after Eva's party if we don't stay out too late and my costume is done :)

13. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    We were there from 11-3:30. We did see Alex real briefly. Sorry we missed you Kathy and Tom. I hope you guys had fun. My mom and I watched Punch and Judy, that was funny. [face_laugh]

14. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah, we were there from about 11:30 to 3:30! Same time as you Rachel :) But the place is so packed, it's easy to miss people. It's amazing I ran into Alex and Tom!

15. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    I had a great time today and spent way too much money, dont know if i'll be going again, but it sure was a blast.

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Last day today.

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Didn't get to go (again). Well, there's always next year.

18. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPHvg34n7Kk

yes, but I doubt they'll do this again next year...

just watch it... I'm sure you'll all LOVE it...

if you are hesitant to click on it because you think it'll probably be boring, then think again... cause it's the Victorian dancers doing... THRILLER

PS... I wonder if this is what Natalie Portmans gig will look like in Pride and Prejudice and zombies

19. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Ah darn, too bad. I went there in the afternoon as soon as I could. Got there around 3:00 and tried to stay until closing but was too tired so left around 7:30. I wish I could have seen more of the shows there this year. Oh well, there is always next year! I'll post my photos soon.

20. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Here are the photos from the two weekends we were there:

http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/dickensfair

Note, Sunday's photos are uploading now (12:22am Tuesday Dec 22nd) and will be done some time later Tuesday morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.