main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dictionary Drabbles For Fun! (Featuring Han and Leia and Luke and Lando)-author replies 3/23/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    A/N: In prepartation for the Fourth Ultimate Drabble Challenge, I am getting the creative jices flowing by popping open the dictionary to five different pages and pointing to a word. These are the words you see below. This entirely for fun and to spark me to write more. I hope you enjoy!

Coarse

?How intense were the negotiations??

?You?re such a kriffing bastard, Han,? Leia said softly, but with enough venom that send lesser men running in fear.

?You brought it up, Princess,? he replied flatly; clearly disinterested in continuing the conversation.

?I thought we??

?That?s the problem, Leia. You think too much. Sometimes, it would be nice if you could let us little people in on your big plans before you go off half cocked.?

?Bringing the Hapans into the New Republic would be invaluable.?

?I?m not interested in politics. Did you have sex with him??

?Good god, Han. Go frak yourself.?

Fleeced

?You did what?? Lando asked, a look of amused incredulity in his smile.

?I bought it for Leia,? Luke answered. ?It?s a rare crystal from the Unknown Regions.?

?How much did you pay?? Lando inquired, knowing full well what the gem was.

?Everything I had left. I figured it might brighten her day to receive a gift.?

Lando emitted a small huff. ?Trust me, Luke. It will be the thought that counts.?

?What do you mean??

?Let me put it this way: You must have been wearing your ?wide eyed, just off the farm? face when talking to the merchant.?

Physical

?Stop looking at me that way,? Leia said, unsure whether she meant it.

?What way?? Han replied, raking her body as if she were a Nerf steak after a long day of work on the Falcon.

?That way,? she said, shifting, uncomfortably, in her chair. ?Like I?m the tall glass of Correllian ale you want to drink after days lost in the desert.?

?You better get used it, Sister,? Han replied. ?Now that your brother is out of the way, I aim to make you mine.?

?Most of me is already yours, Han.?

?Let?s talk about the part that?s not.?

Superlative

Lando Calrissian knew what he liked. And, when it wasn?t available he would wait until it was. Or, at least, until he thought of a way to coax the situation to a positive outcome.

?You make a superlative argument, Luke, but haven?t you ever wanted to do something even just a little unscrupulous.?

?I can admit that some unsavory things have flitted across my mind. But part of being a Jedi is about sticking to our code of ethics.?

?It?s for the good of the New Republic. Think of the rewards.?

?No mind tricks in the negotiations, Lando. That?s final.?

2. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
  3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Cool. :cool:

The first part had me wide-eyed.
    Han and Leia being so normal. I loved it.

I loved all of it, actually.
    Luke and Lando were funny. [face_laugh]

Brilliant job here, brodie!

=D=

4. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    You have some great insights into the characters here. :)

Lando emitted a small huff. ?Trust me, Luke. It will be the thought that counts.?

?What do you mean??

?Let me put it this way: You must have been wearing your ?wide eyed, just off the farm? face when talking to the merchant.?

:D Poor Luke.

?You better get used it, Sister,? Han replied. ?Now that your brother is out of the way, I aim to make you mine.?

?Most of me is already yours, Han.?

?Let?s talk about the part that?s not.?

That was great and so like Han. Excellent stuff. =D=

5. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    frankieskywalker: Thanks, frankie. I appreciate you stopping in.

Ceillean: Thanks for reading, Ceillean. Yeah, I wanted to show Han and Leia having a real fight of some sort. I Think it worked. Lando and...whoever, Han especially, are a favorite pair of mine. I'm glad you enojoy

Tahi: thank you, Tahi. It was really nice to see you here. I'm glad you liked these. I'm getting ready for the next drabble challenge and I wanted to work with the characters I know. As part of the next challenge, I plan to move out of my comfort zone and work with characters and era I'm not so familiar with.

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *wants to give brodiew a giant shove out of his comfort zone.*

B - you are such a talented writer (and I do miss 'Lens', so please update thatsoon too) that I really think you should take a deep breath and do some more longer pieces! These snippets are so full of life, it's almost like your cheating your talents by leaving them so short!

*shoves* :p Don't make me dare you to write something!

7. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Thank you for the nice words, Breezy. The are always encouraging. As for longer stories, I think I've gotten scared to write them. It's almost like I've blocked out the ability.

I'll take it under advisement. I'm in a bit of drought at the moment.

Dares are always welcome. :)

8. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Fleeced

?You did what?? Lando asked, a look of amused incredulity in his smile.

?I bought it for Leia,? Luke answered. ?It?s a rare crystal from the Unknown Regions.?

?How much did you pay?? Lando inquired, knowing full well what the gem was.

?Everything I had left. I figured it might brighten her day to receive a gift.?

?What do you mean??

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Loved this one the most probably! [face_love] Great job brodiew! I'm looking forward to more! :D
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot Brodie That was fun!!!! Coarse and Physical-- [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Squee! :D :D I do love drabbles! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.