main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Dicussion about meetings

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by utinnigirl, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    I vote for all events to be on Southside. Since I'm not CR anymore I don't have to be fair :)

2. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    I like this idea ( not because Tony suggested) it would eliminate trying to figure it out a week before the meeting and then when could concentrate on the family events more. Let me know what all of you think. By the way it does not have to be a restaurabt it could be any public place of interest.

3. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    Coffee shop, book shop?

4. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    Sounds cool, as long as the place can house 15+ people - we are growing!!! :D

5. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    Oh! Ashland is alright it's just Asland that I want to avoid.

6. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    To be honest, Mondays work for me, and really any other day is fine, except Tuesdays. There may come a time when I wont work one Tuesday to enjoy a meeting but makin money is always better than spending it.
    I can always tape the stuff I want to see...we do it anyways right now with all the shows.

I would just really like to come to a meeting at some point and rib Tony in person.:D

Whatever you want to work out is fine....if you can do a Monday every once in a while that would be nice.

And January 15th at Banditos is fine with me as well....put it on the books. Just remind me a couple weeks in advance.

7. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    april 15th

laser tag

8. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    The only problem with planning it all out is that plans never seem to work with real life. It could be said that part of the reason the test with the individual events didn't work out was because it was planned out and then people had other things to do.

Is it really that important to try and schedule the whole year out in one shot? I am not sure that we need to be that organized.

9. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    Another way we could do it:
    Example:
    At our Jan. meeting we should pick a place to meet for Feb. That way it will be a months notice and since we know our meetings are every third Tuesday people will be able to plan thier personal lives as well.

Tell me what you think.

10. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Thats basically how we started doing it when we reclaimed Richmond FF from the dead. We decided what side of town we needed to be on (from an alternating schedule), and then someone in that area decided where to go as the SME of the area. Later on, we left the exact location open until we got closer and then the SME posted it to the boards before the meeting. Except for Tony who needed to know exactly where we were going and what the menu was a month ahead of time, I think as long as people knew what side of town they were headed to they were good, so they could plan their travel time/ride situation. I think its a fine way to go.

I think where a schedule of events for the year or quarter or whatever timeframe has value is in the family and extra events we want to do during the month, This way we can include our families in the planning as well as coordinate with the planned events from our respective organizations.

11. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006

QFT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.