main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series did Ahsoka know?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Derek4799, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Derek4799

Derek4799 Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2013
    I've never posted in this section before so i think i got the right one for it. Any ways I'm just curious when Ahsoka leaves the Jedi order and Anakin runs after her and tells her not to leave that he had thought about it himself and never did, then she reply's saying "I know". Does she know about Anakin and Padme? Or was it because she's seen him so frustrated with the Jedi sometimes??? I know its a hard question to answer so i just really want your opinions.

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Probably.

Anyone with a brain who was around Anakin or Padme for long would guess.

Ahsoka was around both of them a lot, and Anakin very very closely being his apprentice and eventually forming a very tight bond with him, practically the little sister he never had.

Obi-Wan figured it out obviously. And Anakin's connection to Ahsoka was at least as strong as his connection to Obi-Wan, if not stronger.

IMHO there was probably quite a bit of DADT-ism going on in regards to Jedi and relationships. Anakin had a wife, Obi-Wan had several girlfriends, Qui-Gon had a woman or two... Jedi were breaking the code on love left right and center. As long as it wasn't overtly brought to the attention of Yoda and the council, you were probably mostly all right. Mostly.

3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I assume that she either guessed or was told by Padme herself since they seemed to be good friends.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hated that "I know" line, as much as I love "I know" in Star Wars in another context. :p

I think Ahsoka suspected that something was up, but that said, I think her comment was about Anakin's frustration with the Order. I don't think Anakin ever did consider leaving the Order for Padme; I think he always thought he should be allowed to stay and be married to her.

5. Derek4799

Derek4799 Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2013

Anakin did say he didn't care if he found out about him and Padme in ROTS though.

6. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I think that Anakin wanted to keep up the appearance of model Jedi at the expense of his emotions and attachment and failed horribly as always. I think Ahsoka was smart enough to connect the dots and to leave, without explicitly pointing out her master's hypocrisy. (Like when he told her to focus on the mission instead of Lux Bonteri, etc.)

7. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    I think you are right about this. I imagine relationships is one of those areas that every Jedi struggles with at one point or another which is why Obi-Wan probably didn't make a bigger deal about Anakin's feelings towards Padme after the Battle of Geonosis.

8. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Sometimes people don't know things about people close to them because they don't want to know those things.

But really, deep down, they do.

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

10. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I believe even the Jedi council was aware of their relationship, just didn't want to point it out because Padme was one of their few allies in the Senate.

11. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I think the only people who thought it was a secret were Padme and Anakin. Although Ahsoka was not the brightest glowstick at the rave she was probably close enough to Anakin to work it out. Nevertheless I think anakinfansince1983 hit the nail on the head: she was probably just referring to Anakin's general frustrations with the order since they shared similar personalities.

12. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I always took this statement at face value: That Ahsoka understood Anakin wanting to just give up the Jedi thing and do his own thing (he's such a free spirit). That Ahsoka related to Anakin's frustration with the Council, all the rules and stipulations and unwritten guidelines that kept the Jedi Order bogged down in ancient tradition, and especially Anakin's frustration with the War.

13. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    When she said "I know" Anakin looked startled, as if he was surprised that she knew his secret. Him being frustrated with the order was never a secret, and if he was speaking of his thoughts of leaving the order he just wouldn't have reacted that way. It wouldn't have been an appropriate response. Also, that scene was the climax of not only season 5 but (whether they admit that they knew it or not), the whole series on TV. Having Ahsoka acknowledge that she knew about Padme was a huge thing in the overall SW saga since it was that relationship that eventually drove Anakin to the Dark Side. Having her acknowledge that she knew that Anakin was having thoughts of leaving the order for any reason other than Padme... meh.

Ahsoka leaving the order at that time, while not totally unexpected given the circumstances (them needing to explain why she wasn't mentioned in ROTS), was meant to be a huge scene. Her saying, "i'm leaving, I don't blame you... and by the way I know about Padme" added to the climax and also added an interesting twist to the story. That scene was probably the best scene out of the entire series. The only thing that detracts from it was them messing with the dialogue when she said something about not being able to trust herself when everyone thought she meant not being able to trust the order that just tried to screw her.

Honestly, until I read this thread I didn't even think it was debatable. I thought Lucas and/or Filoni commented on this during some interview as well, but I can't keep track of interviews anymore.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Anakin could have reacted as if he thought she was talking about Padme, but that doesn't mean she was. It's actually a rather common reaction to jump to the most alarming conclusion.

You know?!
    About your discontent with the Jedi Order.
    Oh. That. Right.

I have no opinion myself, not having seen the episode in question.

15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Even Obi-Wan in ROTS seemed to know something was going on between them. I don't think he knew they were married or that they had a sexual relationship, but he definitely would have known that Anakin had feelings for Padme, and perhaps even knew that Padme had feelings for Anakin.

I have little doubt that Ahsoka knew that Anakin had feelings for Padme, but I doubt she knew the extent of their relationship. She perhaps only knew that he WANTED to be with her and that he had considered leaving the Order to do so.

Both Obi-Wan and Ahsoka likely knew that Anakin had romantic feelings for Padme, but they probably didn't know the extent to which he had acted on them.

16. CommanderColt

Jun 2, 2013
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03...ctor-dave-filonis-season-5-wrap-up-discussion

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    A reuse? A REUSE?!?!?!?

I had to be reading this in my bedroom where I can't throw large objects.

Epic concentrated FAIL.

18. CommanderColt

Jun 2, 2013
    I think you may be overreacting a bit. Granted he phrased that sentence oddly, but earlier he referred to it as "very sneaky fan servicing". TCW is full of examples of nods to the movies. I never really saw this as a parallel to the ESB scene myself because the context is so different, but his explanation of the parallel does make some sense... "the best thing said is something left unsaid". It doesn't really matter though. The dialogue worked on its own in the context of the scene without any requirment that the viewer draw a parallel with the ESB scene.

19. Derek4799

Derek4799 Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2013
    At least Yoda and Obi Wan knew there was something between them on time or another because they said something to Padme to break off whatever they had in Wild Space.