main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Did Ahsoka Know?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darthmaul208, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    When Ahsoka leaves the order she has that one line that intrigues me:

Anakin: I understand more than you realise. I understand about wanting to walk away from the order.
    Ahsoka: I know.

So This thread is just to discuss how much Ahsoka knew and if she knew about Anakin's relationship.

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    If Ahsoka didn't know she was pretty damn stupid.

Anakin and Padme's attempts to hide their obvious relationship were clumsy at best.

Furthermore, I think it was subseqently confirmed by Filoni or some other WoG source that that's exactly what she meant when she said "I know".

3. DragonIroh

DragonIroh Jedi Master

Aug 5, 2013
    Personally, I think, that much like Obi-Wan, Ahsoka suspected that something was up, though I believe that they didn't know to what extent, perhaps that while they knew that Anakin + Padme were in a relationship of sorts, I personally, don't think Ahsoka or Obi-Wan knew that they were married.

They probably thought it was something along the lines of Obi-Wan and Satine. They would have a relationship, but both would eventually end it by choosing duty over love.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    That's how I took the line too.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That's how I prefer to look at it as well.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Anakin made little to no attempt to hide how he felt about Padme. I'm not sure he was capable of hiding it.

So yeah, I think she knew, and that was her way of telling him without actually saying it.

7. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't think she knew they were married. But like Obi-Wan, I think she knew they shared feelings and suspected they were having an affair.

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Sure she possessed female intuition that coupled with the fact she was mature and intelligent and been around Anakin and Padme for years, plus a Jedi with supernatural force telepathic and precognitive abilities...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03...ve-filonis-season-5-wrap-up-discussion?page=2

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "Female intuition"? [face_plain]

And while I agree with Filoni for the most part, that scene was absolutely not on par with "I love you...I know." No scene ever will be.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah it's definitely not on par, it would be much more accurate to word it the way Filoni did and refer to it as "calling back to that moment" with the same kind of idea but done differently "rather than use that moment the exact same way." Nothing about it being on par, actually pointing out the differences between the two.

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  14. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I was with a cougar a couple months back on a Saturday night and she goes "You're so cute" And I go "I know."

15. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes she new that Anakin had feeling for Padme she was old enough to figure it out.

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

Darth Valkyrus and Jedi_Kenobi32 like this.
  18. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Search your feelings GGrievous you know it to be true!

:p

Dark Lord Tarkas and GGrievous like this.
  19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

20. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Ahsoka figured it out. A padawan saw where knights and masters were utterly blind. So, either every Jedi Anakin's ever encountered was a complete moron up to her, or waaay more people know about their relationship and just never said anything.

I like to imagine that it was the latter.

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    The only Jedi as close to Anakin as Ahsoka was Obi-Wan, and in The Lost Missions Clovis arc I think it is pretty clearly implied that Obi-Wan knows something is up with Anakin and Padme, just as with Ahsoka at the end of The Wrong Jedi it is a clear implication rather than an outright statement. So your whole "A padawan saw where knights and masters were utterly blind" thing doesn't really work out at all.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the entire Order knew about Anakin and Padme, but just didn't know that they were married.

I've always thought the Council was trolling the hell out of Anakin in Senate Spy when they discussed Padme and Clovis being "close."

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    There was a comic where Obi-Wan implied that most Jedi knew Anakin had the hots for Padmé, but chances are while most Jedi knew Anakin had a thing with her, only those close to Anakin realized it was something more. Obi-Wan remained silent out of respect, while I imagine Ahsoka similarly respected Anakin as her master, and therefore feigned ignorance around him, only dropping a hint to him at the end.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It was the Clone Wars comic Obsession.

Obi-Wan says, when he arrives at Padme's house on Naboo, where Anakin is:

"Every Padawan on Coruscant knows where to find you. But I don't care what you do on leave. I'm only here because I need your help."

25. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Obi-Wan's such a decent guy. Model Jedi.