main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Anakin and Padme have romantic feeling at 9 and 14

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by king_k4life, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. king_k4life

king_k4life Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2007
    When they met in TPM did they have romantic feelings Anakin probably did being a 9 year old boy but did Padma find him attractive or just as a little friend ?

It seemed kind of weired. maybe she just fell in love with him in AOTC despite him being in love with her every day since they met ?

[face_mischief]

2. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    I like to think so.:eek:

Couldn't blame her.[face_sick]

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    See I don't think so.

4. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    Nah, he might've had an innocent little crush on her, and she probably thought he was a cute little kid in that "awww" sort of way. She was also probably pretty grateful for his part in blowing up the droid control ship (even if it was mostly "luck"), but probably didn't give him too much thought over the next 10 years.

Meanwhile, Anakin's innocent little crush turned into a not-so-innocent obsession. :p

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003

[Mundi] I concur. [/Mundi]

Besides, he was into doing things like building his version of a go-cart, or Lego-Threee-Peee-Ohhh. Girls were still yucky to him. Check his reaction to winning the race, he doesn't want kisses... even from his mom.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Actual fullblown feelings, no. But Anakin did find himself captivated by Padme. And she saw him as a sweet young boy. But it wasn't like it is when they're older. By then Anakin has grown up and understands emotional feelings to a degree. And Padme, while being old enough to have feelings for guys in TPM, didn't have them the same way that she did for Anakin, years later.

7. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    Padme: Certainly not. To her Anakin was a cut little kid that she liked. It was clearly twisting her guts out that this sweet little kid wanted to risk his butt for hers and she took Qui-Gon to task for it. When Anakin left his mother she showed him compassion and reassurance. He was just this great kid and that's that. She even stated in AotC that she'll always see him as that little boy on Tatooine... Which is kinda gross considering... ;)

Anakin: Nah. Girls have cooties. ;)

8. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    Definitely not, which is one of the many reasons why I feel Episode I was wasted.

9. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I feel in love at 8. it's all possible. anakin was a playa!!

10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    If Padme and Anakin "made-out" at any time during TPM, I think that would have been more gross and disgusting than watching Luke get kissed on the lips by his sister. ;)

11. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    As gross as it is, they both had this feeling that something would happen eventually between them. In the novelization Anakin says he's going to marry her one day, she kinda laughs it off and tells him 'your just a little boy' which is response is 'I won't always be.'

And then in Padmes journal the book {yea,its sad, I read that} she talks about how she gives Anakin time for a personal goodbye where she tells him she knows they will meet again one day, and that she has a feeling Anakin will be a large part of her future.

And romantic much?Anakins whole japiner pendant he gives her.

12. king_k4life

king_k4life Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2007
    Some teen girls do like very young guys it's weird.

13. LordVader66

LordVader66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I don't think there was any connection beyond close friends potential in TPM. Even when Anakin was 20, she still felt uncomfortable with the thought of being more than friends. But obviously, she realized in her heart that Anakin Skywalker was the one she loved. If you think about it it's pretty obvious, Padme is very attractive and she isn't dating anyone in AotC and Anakin is pretty good looking for a guy. This was bound to happen. What would have happened if Anakin was 50 pounds over weight though? LOL I doubt things would have gone down the same way.

14. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I always thought Padme fancied Quin Gon. Definitely a bit of frisson there. ;)

I mean, who would you choose if you were a teenage girl? A 6ft 4 Irishman who knew how to wield his sabre or the kid from Jingle All the Way?!

15. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I doubt it. Ani was probably more interested in Hot Wheels cars and Padme was trying to leave her Barbie Dolls behind.

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Now, I cannot speak for all nine year olds, but I know that I was interested in girls at that age. For the most part it was women who were older. 20's and 30's. By fourteen, I wasn't interested in nine year olds. Twelve was the limit for me at that time. So it is possible for a nine year old to like a girl and not think poorly of them. It's not creepy in anyway.

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yep, and Michael Jackson likes pretty young things, it's quite disgusting.
    And Mike IS creepy now... the Dark Lord of the Snip.
    Cosmetic snip that is...

18. Jedi-Queen

Jedi-Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    eww I would say no.

19. KennethMorgan

KennethMorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    On Padme's part, I'm sure she liked Ani a lot. She probably considered him a close friend, but the actual romantic part didn't set in until AOTC.

As for Ani, he definitely had a crush on her in TPM. But, if asked, he'd probably go, "I like Padme. Liiiiike!" Again, the actual romantic aspect didn't set in until years later.

20. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    When I was 13 I was dating a 27 year old.

21. SWSWSW

SWSWSW Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2007
    All the romantic tension in TPM is summed up by one word: Creepy!

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    How? I was nine and I thought a woman in her late 20's, was super hot. I'm not creepy. How is a nine year old liking a fourteen year old creepy?

^^^That's creepy. :p ;)

23. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
  24. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    I think it's there though, and that's why it's creepy. Anakin definitely has a crush on Padme. When I was that age, I had crushes on older girls, you know, like high school girls in the neighborhood. It makes sense. Not so sure about Padme's feelings for Anakin. Thought he was cute, but that'a about all.

25. AL_Patterson

AL_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    To believe she was thinking about him romantically when he was 9 is creepy........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.