main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Anakin deserve "immortal life"? PT related...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Spartan, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    As everyone knows, Anakin wasn't the perfect Jedi.
    He slaughtered a whole town of Tusken Raiders, tried to kill Obi-Wan who was practically a Father to him and murdered thousands of Jedi. Also, dont forget the millions of people he had killed during his reign in the Empire. (Alderaan)

My question is, does ending the Sith line really forgive all the evil things he did?

I don't think so, Anakin might of "redeemed" himself to a point by killing Sidious, but I still dont think he deserved immortal life through the force.

All opinions are welcome.

2. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    well this is not exactly clear. first how did he learn it.

perhaps because he is the chosen one it just happens. the force allows him to retain his form.

3. Darth_Spartan

May 16, 2005
    Good point, I assumed Obi-Wan and Yoda taught him how to do this after he died.

But still, I think his evil deeds were just way too many to forgive so easily.

Yoda and Obi-Wan glowies speaking to Anakin:
    "Hey Anakin, you killed millions of innocent people and thousands of good Jedi, but on the other hand.....you killed one bad guy. What the heck, here's immortal life!"

I just don't buy that at all.

4. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I can agree. and I don' think he is complety forgiven but he did do the right thing in the end.

self sacrifice is indeed a noble thing. murder is pretty bad. this is the reason a redeemed vader cannot live. he must die.

but his spirit can endure.

5. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    he was also the first person to love, i mean he did everything for love and that is a pretty noble thing in its self...so yeah...and what he did in ROTJ...so he does deserve it.. :)

6. Death_Stick_Dealer

Death_Stick_Dealer Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    Well, here is the trick, what if Darth Vader/Ani was actually doing the will of the force? I mean, if you look at it spiritually, someone had to be Judas to make Jesus. Does that make Judas a bad person? If Judas was playing the role that he was meant to play and that was recorded in the beginning of time, do you feel bad for Judas? It was god's will, afterall, that Judas would betray Jesus. Since it is God's will, does that mean that Judas burns in hell because he did what he was supposed to do?

The best way to rebuild a forest is bathing it in fire. Once the underbrush and the trees blocking the sunlight are cleared, the material of death brings forth new life. Can the Force have "spring-cleaning" too? I mean, the Force gave birth to Ani...maybe the force had its way of cleaning up the mess that both sides created.

7. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    An important thing to keep in mind is that nobody actually deserves redemption. If Anakin had earned it, then he wouldn't have needed saving in the first place. Redemption is a gift from the virtuous to the undeserving.

8. POTAStar

POTAStar Jedi Master star 2

May 26, 2001
    I think George may have made it like Anakin was saved right before death after living a life of sin, therefore he has gained eternal life, like in the Bible. Like in Christianity, no matter what Anakin/Vader has done, if he is saved he will live for eternity.

9. Darth_Ares-Lido

Darth_Ares-Lido Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    Argue it up and down, the fact is he WAS redeemed.

Sorry if you don't think it's fair, but too bad.

10. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Perhaps when created by the force, you don't need to be trained on becoming one with it upon death.

11. SixEagle

SixEagle Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    "Also, dont forget the millions of people he had killed during his reign in the Empire. (Alderaan) "

Now, obviously vader killed many people when he became a sith. But wasn't it tarken that actually destroyed alderaan?

12. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Lucas, from the Making of ROTS book: "Anakin can't be redeemed for all the pain and suffering he's caused. He doesn't right the wrongs, but he stops the horror."

13. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    Anakin didnt try to kill Obi Wan. Obi Wan was the first one to ignite his lightsaber and Obi Wan left Anakin for dead.

Anakin/Vader was not responsible for the destruction of Alderan.

14. Darth_Spartan

May 16, 2005
    Darth Vader was equally responsible for the destruction of Alderaan, if he wanted them not to shoot, believe me, Vader could have stopped them.

It's not fair to only blame Tarkin, when Vader was right next to him and actually held Leia back but back to the topic...

15. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Anakin didnt try to kill Obi Wan.

LOL! Was he just defending himself? When he was choking Obi-Wan was that just his version of a hug? Of COURSE he was trying to kill Obi-Wan. He even says "don't make me KILL you." Surely you cannot think that Anakin didn't try to kill Obi-Wan in the face of this evidence.

Obi Wan was the first one to ignite his lightsaber and Obi Wan left Anakin for dead.

Yes that is true. Doesn't make Anakin some innocent. Anakin was lost to his hate. Whether Obi-Wan was right to leave Anakin for dead or not is another subject entirely.

Anakin/Vader was not responsible for the destruction of Alderan

He most certainly IS. As several people pointed out, Vader could well have stopped things. He held Leia back. He was an accomplice at the very least. He has culpability in the destruction of Alderaan by Tarkin.

16. achtungdaibut

achtungdaibut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I think he should be immortal.

After all he's in all six films. Never has a break. Always prepared to put in the hours. Only the Droids work harder and in fairness that's what they designed to do and frankly should be happy they are not scrapped as out-dated models!

Whilst Yoda and the Emperor both take a movie off, Obi-Wan goes part-time and everyone else is only in 3 films at the most or cameo a guest spot to make a fourth.

17. achtungdaibut

achtungdaibut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Serious though..it's a Catholic thing? He repents on his death therefore he should be welcomed into the Force. How he appears at the end is beyond me. But then Qui-Qon managed it so why can't he.

18. rancor_ismydad

rancor_ismydad Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2004
    HEE DIDN'T GET ETERNAL LIFE YOU DIMWITT!!!

19. Darth_Spartan

May 16, 2005
    "HEE DIDN'T GET ETERNAL LIFE YOU DIMWITT!!!"

Have you ever seen Episode 6? Anakin is a blue glowie along with Yoda and Obi-Wan.

20. rancor_ismydad

Oct 18, 2004
    THATS NOT ETERNAL LIFE THATS A GHOST. AND FORCE GHOSTS ARE NOT ETERNAL.

21. Darth_Spartan

May 16, 2005
    LOL, rancor you need to brush up on your Star Wars knowledge. Yoda explains in Episode 3 how Qui-Gon achieved immortality through the Force.

22. rancor_ismydad

Oct 18, 2004
    IN IMPERIALS STRIKE BACK, OBI ONE STATES THAT HE CAN NOT INTERFEAR AND IN LATER BOOKS HE ALSO STATES HE CAN NO LONGER STAY IN CONTACT WITH LUKE AS HE IS MERGING WITH THE FORCE AND BECOMING ONE WITH THE FORCE SO IT ONLY LASTS FOR A WHILE UNTILL YOU BECOME ONE WITH THE FORCE SO ITS NOT ETERNAL AND IF HE DOES NOT DESERVE IT AND YOU COMPARE EARTHLY RELIGIONS (AND YOU BELIEVE THAT CRAP) YOU ARE STILL ETERNAL IN HELL EVEN IF YOU DONT DESERVE IT EVEN THOUGH GOD IS FORGIVING (BIBLE PLOT HOLE) BUT THE FORCE IS NOT ETERNAL AS YOU CANNOT KEEP YOUR IDENTITY FOREVER AS EVENTUALLY YOU JUST MERGE AND BECOME PART OF THE FORCE .

23. Darth_Spartan

May 16, 2005
    Watch Episode 3, case closed.

Yoda tells Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon has achieved immortality through the Force.

Nuff said.

24. rancor_ismydad

Oct 18, 2004
    WATCHED IT AND YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT EXCEPT "watch episdoe 3" NOTHING HAPPENS THAT SAYS IM WRONG . IM RIGHT.

25. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Hmm... Force Ghost... I think that's a person merged in the force... at least that's what I got from Yoda in Ep3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.