main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Anakin ever talk to Owen In between AOTC and ROTS?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Allana_Rey, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Discuss.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not that we know of. I've never seen source material that suggested that they did. Anakin seemed to want to forget about anything and anyone related to Tatooine after his mother died.

Darth Downunder and kainee like this.
  3. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    I agree. You could tell in The Clone Wars Movie that when they had to return to Tatooine he hated it. I think Anakin is too busy fighting in the Clone Wars anyway. I also think that Anakin kind of had resentment toward the Lars Family because they left his mother get captured by the Sand People in the first place. Any theories?

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't think he resented the Lars specifically, I tend to think that he was grateful to Cliegg for freeing his mother and making her happy, but I do think that Tatooine itself was too painful to him. And while I don't think that he blamed the Lars for Shmi's kidnapping and murder, I do think that he would associate their homestead with that incident and therefore visiting would be too painful.

AniLukeRey and kainee like this.
  5. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    no

End Of Disscussion :p

Seriously though, why would he? he knew him for a day and was busy every day in a galactic war

he had no time to visit for a nice cuppa blue milk or write a postcard

what would he say?

dear brother in law i don't really know,

how is life on the farm? I hope Clieeg has managed to find his leg. Nothing new to report here, Grievous is on the run and Padme and I got married in secret on Naboo, hope you and Beru marry soon, take care and polish Shmi's grave for me,

later Bro,

Anakin "Annie" Skywalker

6. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003

[face_laugh]

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, at least that explains how Palpatine found out about the marriage...

8. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    [face_worried] ......and Owen probably never got the letter.

(cue the 1967 top 40 hit by The Boxtops.....)

Dandelo likes this.
  9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    No, he blamed them for his mother's death so i doubt he visited them

10. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Given how little time he spent with them, it does seem a bit strange that Obi-Wan took Luke to them. Anakin was more or less a stranger with no blood relationship to Owen. How could Obi-Wan have known that they would agree to bring up this child (who, if discovered by the Empire, could bring terrible danger)?

11. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I imagine that Owen would have taken Luke since he was Shmi's grandson, in large part. Cliegg Lars certainly seemed to have loved her a great deal and Shmi would have essentially been Owen's mother for a number of years. Also, given that Owen said that he thought Anakin might show up one day, it's clear that Shmi talking so much about him would have demonstrated her love for her son. For his stepmother's memory (and a chance to raise a child), I think Owen would have taken the risk.

12. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Yes, that does seem to be the reasoning and it makes sense, but Obi-Wan was assuming quite a lot based on no previous experience of Owen and Beru! It's fortunate that he turned out to be right.

13. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I never got the impression in AOTC that Anakin and Owen actually liked each other. However, Anakin seemed able to communicate much better with Cliegg.

14. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Not all family members have to be genetically blood related!!! My pets aren't!!! Neither are children/people that have adoptived families/adoptived parents!!!

15. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    This sounds like one of those classic Bob Newhart comedy routines from the 60s where he does one side of a theoretical telephone conversation from history. Here's the one where it's a conversation with Sir Walter Raleigh circa 1620:

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  16. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Fixed :-B

17. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    oh yeah :p

oops,

18. Lord_kimo1

Lord_kimo1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2009
    It is highly unlikely that Anakin ever visited Owen and Beru. It is true that he did not like Tatooine mainly because of the sand being coarse and gets in everything. It is a little ironic that Owen and Beru were killed over two droids that were initially his.

19. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015

I agree with this view. Also, I got the impression that Anakin and Owen did not warm to each other.

20. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I'm more curious as to how Obi-Wan and Yoda were even aware of their existence. It's not like Anakin sat them down and said, "So apparently my mother was freed ten years ago, married the Lars who live in a homestead located at these coordinates. Lovely bunch. Loyal, family-oriented, that sort of thing."

21. JediMasterAang

JediMasterAang Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 12, 2015
    Either they knew about Shmi's death and about the Lars(from Anakin or otherwise offscreen) or they simply tried tracking Shmi down, found that she died, and that she was married to Cliegg Lars before she died and decided to put him there since they're Anakin's only relatives.

22. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

They know that he was on Tatooine and not Naboo. Anakin only told them part of the story, not all of it. Obi-wan knew he was on Tatooine due to the tracking device and he would have to come clean as to why he was not on Naboo. But he wasn't going to tell them about what he did. When Obi-wan tells Luke about Owen's feelings, he is referring to conversations that he's had with Owen about Anakin and in that, is where he felt that Anakin shouldn't have gotten involved in the war.

As to Anakin ever going to see them, according to all official material and even some of the old EU, he never went back to the farm again. He was on Tatooine a couple of times during the war, but he had no interest in visiting the Lars and opted not to visit his mother's grave.

23. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    The Lars really meant nothing to him. While he would have been considered family to them via marriage, they were more Shmi's family than his.

To him they were just nice people, that had no meaning to him.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  24. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Maybe they looked them up on Facebook?

S2N2 likes this.
  25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe, after AOTC, Anakin was debriefed, having to explain what he was doing on Tatooine - and most of the events (except the Tusken massacre) were disclosed?