main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Did Anakin, in fact, bring balance to the force?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ImperialRecruiter, May 27, 2005.

?

Did Anakin, in fact, bring balance to the force?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2005.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't know.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
  2. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    There's my answer, but I'll not reveal my reasoning until more folks have replied and/or voted.

3. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    What is there to discuss? When Anakin chose to save Luke when the Emperor was striking him down, He returned to the Light side of the force thus killing Darth Vader. Then he threw the Emperor down the shaft, Thus killing Darth Sidious. Let's see here...Anakin killed both Sith Lords thus he fulfilled the prophecy. Plus George Lucas himself said that Anakin was the chosen one and brought the force back into balance. Pretty open and shut in my opinion.

4. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I think Sean is right. What he said pretty much sums it up.

5. Isabella

Isabella Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2005
    Yes, but in the contexted of Return of the Sith, Anakin brings balance to the force through only having two Jedi and two Sith survive. A balancing act of Master and Apprentice. That is one balance I see.

At the time of ROTS we don't know what the out come with the Emperor being killed by Vader is, or Luke being saved, or his hand being cut off by Vader. We know nothing. All we know is that these events are being shaped by the force in their universe, to be played out at a later date.

It is my opinion that because Anakin married, and had children, it brought balance, because without Luke there saying to his Father on Endor "I believe there is still good in you, Father." We would have had no death of the Emperor without that voice of good calling him back, making him think, lighting that spark. (And we also have to remember there was NO Anakin at this time, it was only Darth Vader.)

On the other side Leia wouldn't have been pushing the war effort, with Mon Monthma, or helping steal the Death Star Plans. So it's all woven together. I think it's not just one pivital moment in Anakin's life, but the choices Anakin made while he was alive.

but that's my own humble opinion of it.

6. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Isabella is on to something there, but I'll wait a while longer to comment further.

Let's see what other folks say. It is worthy of discussion to see not only if but how he brought balance to the force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.