main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Anakin know he was the chosen one?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Vongchild, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Great post drunky.

You can say that as much as you want (lord knows i have) and people still won't believe you for some reason

2. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I'd be surprised if he didn't know. In the course of his training, he must've learned about the prophesy, midichlorians etc and know his own count. He must at some stage have asked what was meant by the "chosen one" statement that he heard in front of the council when he was young and he must surely have wondered about his father. He was a sharp guy (in some ways, a complete idiot in others) I'm sure he would've worked it out.

Yes, GL has made it clear that Anakin was the chosen one. I think it's a shame that he did. I think the ambiguity of not knowing whether it was him or Luke added a certain something to the story. It fits in well with the theme of blurry lines between good and evil. Was Anakin the one to save everything, or the one who caused all the trouble, or a bit of both?

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    No, Sir! That is fine for me now. But allow me another question, can a balance of the force be ever achived? The force is always there. It is neither good nor bad. It just what you make out of it as an individual.

4. Box_Of_Sharp_Objects

Box_Of_Sharp_Objects Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    In TPM, the jedi all believe the sith are extinct, right. Why would they believe that the prophecy is true if the force is always in balance? And about Palps already having an apprentice in Darth Maul, he had him as a spare until his ultimate jedi apprentice would be ready.

5. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    That's why the movie is called "The Phantom Menace." Obi-Wan knew something was up and mentions it as soon as the movie starts, but since the "Sith have been extinct for a millennia" the Jedi don't know what is up exactly. They knew the force was out of balance, but didn't know why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.