main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Anakin know Sidious was actually the leader of the separatists?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by My favorite Ithorian, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Just my take on things, but since Anakin is so impetuous, I think he didn't really comprehend and think through everything until after Mustafar, hence the tears.

Yep, I think that too. It was on Mustafar after the slaughter where he put 2 + 2 + 3 + sq root 2 together. The Palps plot lines were fairly involved when you think about it. We as the audience and have the benefit of knowing all the details of the big picture, but Anakin and the Jedi didnt. Thats why I think that if Padme hadnt gone there or if Obi-Wan waited to pursue Anakin, he may have turned back. The line he said about "HIS" Empire may have been retracted too when he really thought about it and decided it really isnt that great of a job. :D

2. Sosanya

Sosanya Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    I'm hoping to God that he did not know and I will believe that no matter what because if he did know that would make Anakin the biggest dummy of all time. His fall would not be tragic it woud be justified and deserved. Why would you serve a man who lead a revolt to kill your wife and orchestrated an entire war to stay in power and then turn around and call those who oppose him evil? I can't believe he knew that.

3. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    Because that man now has the power to save said wife. Or at least, that's what he believes.

Keep in mind, though, Anakin had every intention of killing Palpatine once he had what he needed from him.

4. DON_QUITO12

DON_QUITO12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    Absolutely right... He noticed that Palpine was the Sith lord they were looking for, and that's what he told to Mace Windu after he realised this...

When Anakin was requested to kill the Jedi Knights at the Jedi Temple and the Separatists at Mustafar, he never hesitated that Sidious, as a Sith Lord, was building his new Empire in order to bring peace to the galaxy at any cost...

Anakin fulfilled his path to the dark side because he was looking for that way to stopped death and gain more power... Those were Anakin's ideals at the end of ROTS

I see this more like someone sells his, she, or it, soul to the devil for any particular reason or purpose, as Anakin did... I believe anyone would be able to notice and distinguish that evil is everywhere and controls evil acts, no matter what... If someone fought for the right cause and later realised that the other one was more powerful because it consumed everything and he, she, or it, becomes tented, then anyone can make the wrong decision by submitting his pledge without taking care of the cause hi, she, or it, fought for... Although, it could be a conflict inside...

Just like Yoda said: The dark side is quicker, easier, and more seductive...

5. Darthdias

Darthdias Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Anakin probably knew. Obi-Wan figured it out, and then there is Nute's line about Sidious promising them peace. And Anakin most surely hated Palpatine for it. That's why he planned to kill him, as he explained to Padmé.

6. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Anakin must have known about what Palpatine had been doing and hated him for it but Anakin was a lost cause. He could only do evil after hurting Mace. Even when he is nice to Padme you can see the dark side within when she won't do what he says. "Don't you turn against me!" You can see that he is losing control if he doesn't get his own way.

7. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    " welcome lord vader,we have been expecting you " how would he know the name vader unless sidious told him ??

" the war is over,lord sidious promised us peace...we only want..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!"

" go to the mustafar system ,wipe out viceroy gunray and the other separatist leaders" how could he know where they were hiding ???

of course ani knew,he only had to put 1+1 to know is 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.