main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Anakin's mom know she was impregnated by a Sith Lord?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kimblee, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyber_Zahn

Tyber_Zahn Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 20, 2008
    That's more speculation than absolute fact.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The autopsy revealed no such thing. The autopsy claimed that Padme's single child died, AN OBVIOUS FABRICATION. Therefore the autopsy was doctored by the Jedi ( or Jedi allies ).

That's why I said you can't trust Wookiepedia, because Wookiepedia claims that she died from a broken hyoid bone, due to apparent poor reading comprehension on the part of an anonymous contributor ( this is a misreading on two levels because it doesn't even get the incorrectly presumed cause of death right, as Havac's post explains ). This is one of the things the author got right in CN, but some people can't seem to differentiate between Typho's perception and what actually took place. Typho was not omniscient. Street of Shadows did not attempt to retcon ROTS events out of existence, and it wouldn't have had the power to do so in any case.

3. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    OKAY, okay, sorry, people. Geez... >_>

4. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    yes, Palpatine said that in the movie.

5. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

in the opera scene Palpatine asks Anakin if he'd ever heard the story of Darth Plageius, and then said ""it's not something the Jedi would ever tell him".

this to me means that Plageius couldn't have "created" Anakin.

According to TPM, the Sith have been believed extinct a long time, so if Darth Plageius was someone the Jedi knew about then it must be ancient history.
    it also means that Palpatine was not that Apprentice.

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Palpatine was obviously lying just to make Anakin more distrustful of the Jedi, I doubt the Jedi ever heard of Plagueis, Plagueis is confirmed to have been his master.

7. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    man i'm sorry to flame on this thread..but Shimi was NOT IMPREGNATED by Palpatine,Plagueis or any SITH LORD... Anakin is supposed to be to Star Wars...a slight parallel to Neo (Matrix) to Jesus Christ (life..my personal belief)... He is the chosen one.. who was born of the Force itself.. end of discussion... until George Lucas HIMSELF comes up with a prequel to "The Phantom Menace"..then its just that.. speculation.. Everything Palpatine said in that conversation to Anakin was a complete lie..just as anything Sith Lord would do..clever and seductively...He just preyed on Anakin's feelings to save Padme....

if you ACTUALLY think otherwise and the fact that Padme "died" of the Force choke then you missed the last 5mins of Revenge of the Sith! please don't ban me i was only speaking my mind! Just think this thread is equal to "The Big Bang theory vs. Creation".. and that's another story..but obviously we didn't "pop out of thin air".. [face_plain]

Shadojoker

8. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Actually no, not everything was a lie, there was quite a bit of truth in his words, plus some interpretations that aren't outright lies ;)

That being said, I don't see how he suggests that Anakin was created by Plagueis. He merely talks about Plagueis' abilities because he knows that Anakin fears for Padme's life. He spoon feeds Anakin exactly what he wants to hear, the existance of the ability to create and preserve life.

Plagueis may have been able to create life, but I don't think he had a hand in Anakin's creation, that was purely the force.

9. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Palpatine mixes lies and truth to best suit his interests, as does anyone worthy of being called Sith.

10. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

It's up for personal interpretation, like the Ebon Hawk's toilet. Never saw one, so how did those pixel fellas mercantile their trade? We just don't know. May never know. During the opera scene, there was a big ball with slithers all over.

It's called an ovary and tadpoles. They were talking about birth. Get the holo? I didn't see one single Lit conversation here until I had to point that out to them. I mean, helloooo, fellas, you're supposed to be fans, able to conspiracy anything from even nothing at all.

There were disappointments that day, Literature. Disappointments.

11. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I always wondered how Palpatine would think the Jedi would know about let alone tell young Jedi about a very recent Sith Lord 1000 years after the Sith supposedly destroyed themselves.

So, yeah. Poor dumb Anakin.

12. MaceWinducannotdie

Aug 31, 2001
    I'm guessing the of the prequel era don't go into detailed histories of the Sith beyond "they're some bad hombres, so follow the Jedi Code and drink your blue milk." Certainly not with the padawans. I mean, the RotS novelization establishes that even Jedi lore is restricted in the archives. (And honestly, they might have good reasons to keep some knowledge restricted to Masters. For example, going dark might look more appealing to many a learner if they thought they could come back from it Revan-style.)

So Palpatine is hardly admitting to Anakin that Plagueis was post-Bane. (Related question, did Darth Bane: Rule of Two actually explain how the Jedi know about the Rule of Two? I seem to remember they just thought a crazy guy with a lightsaber was the last Sith and learned nothing more about it.)

13. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Technically, he was speaking the truth in saying it was a story the Jedi wouldn't have told him. What Palpatine did was say it in a way that led Anakin to jump to the conclusion that the Jedi were holding out on him. While it was true, it was deliberately misleading. It was more a story that the Jedi couldn't tell him. Anakin's not a politician and, as evidenced by the following events, could never pick up on such subtle word play.

14. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    To be fair, if a guy that looked as bad as Sidious got you pregnant, would you want to tell people about it either? :p

"Who was the father?"
    "Um... I don't rem... I got captu... this really old, wrinkly, ugly looking... um... no. No father. No father at all. It just, like, happened, yeah. Yeah, that's right. Just happened. Magic."

:p

15. MaceWinducannotdie

Aug 31, 2001
    But he was pretty normal looking in 42 BBY, and would only be in his 40s.

16. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Depends on how one takes Sithisis. :-B

Either way, and speaking seriously for a second, is it just me, or is the Sith based theory practically equivalent to Force-assisted rape?

17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yup.

Ha! See, I see it the opposite way around. It's a very sly way in which the Force uses the Sith's obsession with "unlimited power" against them. It'd be hilarious, absolutely hilarious, if the Sith were determined to create this "being of pure Force" so as to *combat* the eventual rise of the Jedi Chosen One... only to uh, well, urm... create the Jedi Chosen One.

Not that I see the Force as an intelligence in conventional terms.

Either way, Palpatine doesn't believe that Anakin is born of Plagueis' experiments if we take Dark Lord into account... though he might just not know any bette.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    George Lucas "HIMSELF" said explicitly that it was a possibility.

"Created by the Force" can have different meanings. The phrase could be taken to include Sith creation via the Force.

19. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Well, Shadojoker, technically you're right... Shmi was impregnated by the midi-chlorians -- not by a Sith Lord or the Force or anything else. :p

The midi-chlorians being influenced through the Force by a Sith Lord so as to impregnate Shmi is totally different to what you're suggesting. [face_whistling]

Seriously, though, I don't get why people would have a problem with it. Either way, it's the will of the Force at work. The introduction of the Sith simply introduces them as unwitting mediators of the Force's will... which is deliciously ironic.

"By" is different to "through" -- and isn't the full thing "Let alone one created by the Force itself to..." (my emphasis)? I don't have the book to hand.

20. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    It was one of the ideas, yes, and since he preferred to keep it ambiguous it's still possible, but still possible isn't even close to being a fact.

As such, the answer to the opening question is obviously no, as there are lots of ways Anakin could have been created. For her to know, it would have to be a fact first. The most supported way by the movies is still Anakin being created by the force itself, to bring balance by destroying the grip the darkside has over the galaxy.

Quite frankly, that's the best way anyway. I find the idea of Sith involvement seriously lacking in all areas.

21. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Good points Ulicus and Oissen!! Very good points.. either way it IS the will of the Force.. and yeah it was George Lucas' idea to bring it up..but i feel only to create debates and mystery/dilemma of who EXACTLY is Anakin... chosen one of the force.. most people think it means light side.. some say dark side..I say both..

but still..if Plagueis was soo powerful to influence the force...could he have them create him an alarm clock to give him a wake up call before Palpatine killed him?? jk..

Shadojoker

22. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    ... but for us to say she didn't know, we'd have to know it wasn't.

The answer is "it depends", not "no". :p

23. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Agreed. I find it rather satisfying to think the Chosen One prophecy was ultimately testament to the arrogance of the Sith. They thought they could create the perfect being... which they did, for Anakin was created by the Force. It just didn't turn out the way they wanted, as they failed to consider that by creating an avatar of the Force, they created their own destroyer.

24. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    I always thought that either 1) Yoda was guessing that any hidden Sith was following a corruted version of the Jedi's own rule of two and he figured that was the only way they had managed to stay out of sight for o long, or, 2) the Jedi had encountered a hidden Sith a few hundred years previously who had revealed such information but then the Jedi assumed the other had died off when nothing was heard of them again.

25. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Well, I don't think she knew Plagueis impregnated her. I am one of the believers that Plagueis created Anakin, so... But, I think Plagueis just chose Shmi for a reason, then put Anakin in here, without her knowing how he got there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.