main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Anakin's mom know she was impregnated by a Sith Lord?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kimblee, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    i don't think so matt anakin was created by the force luke and leia were created by uh well you know what.

2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Well, they were created by a being created by the Force...

lol @ Squid Lake being about sex.

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    It's called the Tusken Humpty Dance. Ani and Sweet P were grabbing each other in the biscuit, after they ate up all the crackers and licorice. Heyo fat Hutt, I hear slave-chains are ticklish...[face_whistling]

4. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Much love!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    My 360 just gave me fits, so I was listening to shock g... and I had one of those... moments.
    That's what I get for listening to old school stuff.

6. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    Is the only good reason for Anakin to have been created by the Sith - in order to throw that fact back in the Sith's faces cuz he wiped um out in ROTJ? Seems rather silly to me. I mean, even if one tried to say it showed their immense power (creation of a being), the art was lost and the one attempt was a total failure, so I don't see why anyone would want this theory to prevail, unless they just wanted to give it to the Sith.

I rather like thinking that the Sith were packing at least some fire and that forces, the Force, whatever, stepped in to counteract it before things got out of hand. Otherwise, one may as well have just let the Sith explore and live as they will because they were clearly so unintelligent that their own mechanisms would end up wiping them out - at a lot less expense than a bunch of rebels/good forces dying in the attempt to hasten things along in that regard.

So yeah, I like the force creation idea best; I have no desire to stick it to the Sith. I like seeing the Sith as formidable - even though the EU makes them look a bit inept at times - I just try to ignore that and move on.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    What about the fact that the Sith had been hoping for the arrival of a Sith superbeing for millennia? Wouldn't it make perfect sense for them to try creating one, in any event? There's also the fact that we never see the Force act independently of Force-users in this fashion.

Because it didn't work out for them in the end? It still worked in the first place.

He once got busy in a Burger King bathroom.

8. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    My biggest argument against Anakin being a creation of Plagueis?

Palpatine would have to have been training Darth Maul WHILE he was still studying under his master.

9. TimeOnMyHands

TimeOnMyHands Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2009
    Hi everybody. This is my first post

Seems entirely possible and even in character.

I like the Plagueis theory. I also think that since we know so little about the prophecy, it's possible that it was manufactured by Plagueis just to set Anakin up.[face_thinking] I mean is there any evidence at all that its genuine? Do we know when it was discovered/made?
    Something to think about anyways.

10. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    The EU says that the Chosen One was foretold long ago when the Republic was first formed. In addition, Word of God says that the prophecy of the Chosen One is genuine.

11. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    That's totally a reason in favour of it creating Anakin.

12. marmkid

marmkid Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2001

do they ever mention in the movies about the Sith waiting for the arrival of a superbeing?

We hear about the jedi knowing of a Chosen One, but do we hear about that from the Sith, or is that all EU?

If its all EU, then it really shouldnt rewrite what we see in the movies

In the movies, it is made pretty clear that Anakin is the Chosen One, not someone created by the Sith

we cant have such a major event be told off screen that changes all these facts from the movies

I mean we could, but thats a main reason why we wont

13. madslaust

madslaust Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 13, 2009
    :eek:

14. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Yeah, that's so unlike the Sith...[face_whistling]
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/6/66/Dooku_Ventress_duel.png/250px-Dooku_Ventress_duel.png]
    [image=http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/889/889258/asajj-ventress-20080714045431218_640w.jpg]

George Lucas made it clear that being the Chosen One and being created by the Sith are not mutually exclusive. Sith creation is a possibility and thus does not rewrite or change anything previously established by the films.

15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Anakin could be the result of Plagueis' experiments without Plagueis having to be alive at the time they came to fruition. What if he performed his experiments (or whatever) on Shmi's father, or mother? Maybe he tampered with Shmi as a foetus? Who knows?

16. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I guess my main issue with the matter is that Palpatine is under Plagueis' thumb until he's in his mid-fifties or so. That seems an awfully long time to be a slave to his master for a man of Palpatine's power level.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    That's my "how to explain Kaj in Coruscant Nights" retcon.:p

18. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Dude, I agree. What I just suggested completely negates the need for that, though. Plagueis might've even experimented on Anakin's grandparent, or great-grandparent for all we know. There's no need for him to be alive even thirty years before Anakin's birth.

19. Tyber_Zahn

Tyber_Zahn Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 20, 2008
    The real question is does Lucas know that?

20. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, it was "he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life", as opposed to "he could use the Force to influence an already-existing being so that one of that being's descendants would spontaneously conceive due to midichlorians at some point in the future". I don't know how you would time-delay it. The descendant's midichlorians wouldn't have any special mojo on them IMO.

Lucas' public stance on the issue is fairly well-known.

21. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Even if it's only Shmi he ever encounters, he can still be dead for thirty years before Anakin's birth.

You don't know how you would time delay it? You're talking as if this is some actual process with known rules. [face_laugh]

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You know, I've tried and tried, but I honestly can't post anything serious in this thread. Honest. I've just deleted several semi-thoughtful comments (if I do say so myself), but I realized I'd be fooling myself.

Everytime I think of what this thread is actually about, all I can think of is San Hill. So no, I'm not going to give this thread the privilege of a well-constructed post. Because it's essentially a thread about Shmi getting it on with someone who looks like San Hill, and that's just plain wrong, you sickos. [face_plain]

Especially you few who are posting essay-length commentaries on the subject.

23. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003

Palpatine may have stayed as the apprentice for a long time but perhaps it was convenient for him to do so. He could have been working his own plans and laying the foundations for the future while Plagueis was distracted with his own things. Perhaps not being the master allowed Palpatine to operate more freely and it may have even allowed him to increase his own powers without the hassle of being in charge. Palpatine may have then killed Plagueis when the time was right, when his master had outlived his usefulness, or because he would not share his secrets with his apprentice anmd so Palpatine decided to then go it alone and 'promote' himself to master.

24. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    For me, I believe that Palpatine created Anakin Skywalker as his replacement for Darth Maul.

Why?

1. Naboo is right next door to Tatooine.

2. Shmi could be a slave from Naboo.

3. Palpatine's corruption with King Veruna is tied to Jabba the Hutt possibly.

4. You have to imagine Palpatine's 'oh kark' reaction to realizing the Jedi Knights are on Tatooine with his secret project.

5. Palpatine making Anakin around 9 years ago would be right around the time he possibly determined Darth Maul would never be a worthwhile apprentice.

6. It makes Palpatine's relationship to Anakin make more sense because he doesn't fear the Chosen One prophecy since he thinks he created Anakin.

25. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    7. It doesn't work at all with Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, Palpatine's POV lets us infer that he wasn't Anakin's maker.

Otherwise, yeah, I'd have been down for that. Alas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.