Did Anakin's mom know she was impregnated by a Sith Lord?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kimblee, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmkid Force Ghost

star 4
    oh really?
    i thought it was just that a sith could prevent death through the force

i still dont see how that says that the Sith created Anakin
    I always viewed it as Palpatine tempting Anakin with a way to save Padme
    If he had really wanted to turn Anakin, all he had to do was let him know that the Sith created him

eh
    it could have been cool, but given what is shown in the movies, that is a major plot point to not be mentioned at all on screen
  2. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    The saving life part was only half of the Darth Plagueis line:
    Of course, how much of any of that is true is anyone's guess.
  3. marmkid Force Ghost

star 4
    ah ok
    thanks for posting that, i couldnt remember

though I dont know how anyone watching the movie would think that scene is Palpatine revealing to Anakin that the Sith created him rather than Palpatine seducing Anakin with knowledge that could save Padme from dying, considering we had seen Anakin's obsession with that

besides, when Mace is about to kill Palpatine, he says that he has the power to save her trying to get Anakin to save him so he could help him save Padme

while i admit there is that line about Sith creating life, there just isnt much else at all that would indicate Palpatine knew Anakin was created by Sith, let alone himself
    so if that is indeed GL's story, that Anakin was created by the Sith, he did not portray it at all in the movies
  4. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    The hint itself was more in the body language than the dialogue itself really, as his face turns to stare longingly at Anakin as he goes "...to create...life".

Naturally there's nothing concrete in that, although I remember how the audience in the theatre when I saw it all gasped a little. Of course, I saw an advanced screening with a bunch of Star Wars nerds in Darth Vader masks, so admittedly they may not be the most representative group of people to base a general conclusion on. :p

My personal point of view stems from how the creating life bit is somewhat irrelevant to saving it, which suggests that it was at the very least a hangover from the earlier script drafts, even if the later drafts shifted from "I am your father!" to focus on "I can save your wife!"
  5. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    It's because creating life and saving someone from death are different concepts.

Jebus.[face_worried]
  6. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    You think that parts bad? The advance screening required sitting through ALL SIX films. :p

I think ANH was at something like 7 am. We didn't get to ROTS until about 10 pm. There was a pretty big wait after AOTC though as they screened the footage from the main red carpet stuff outside in Leicester Square, then there was another wait for Lucas to get there and say some stuff before they finally put the film on. His joke after it finished that we should then continue through in chronological order to ROTJ fell on deaf and weary ears. :p

It was a good day though. The audience was really lively during the other films.
  7. marmkid Force Ghost

star 4
    exactly
    so why would we believe that the sith created Anakin when its not mentioned in the movies?
  8. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    The possibility is implied in the movies.

"There is a hint in the movie that there was a Sith lord who had the power to create life." - Lucas

There's also this:
  9. marmkid Force Ghost

star 4
    oh i get all that, and i see how it could be viewed that way

i just never heard anyone say they actually watched the movies and seriously thought GL was trying to say that the Sith created Anakin
  10. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    Darth Sidious: Plagueis, your plan to create the ultimate Sith? Yeah, how did that work out for you?
  11. T-R- Chosen One

star 4
    Because we know from TPM that he might have been conceived by midis and now a character says that a sith lord could manipulate the midis in order to create life. The midis are mentioned in 4 scenes in the PT, and 2 of those scenes involve the possible creation of life. A^2 + B^2 = C^2

That's exactly what my friends as well as the people in the rows in front of and behind us thought after the scene. People actually said it out loud during the scene.
  12. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    Pretty much. The people at my theater were too busy giggling about Anakin waking up from his dream.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.