main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

did any of you ever play a intersment?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Vader3, Feb 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MusicJedi

MusicJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    Don't feel bad about quitting flute. I'm sure you don't but hey thought I would drop a line. I play Bassoon, and can play every woodwind but flute. I hate it! Stick with Viola. More gigs, mopre scholarship programs, more playing time. great bennies.

2. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
    Violin for six years. :)

That's why I love the Princess Leia theme so much.

3. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    I eventually want to learn every woodwind instrument -- except the flute. It's not really woodwind, after all -- it doesn't have that glorious reedy sound. ;) No offense to anyone who likes the flute. But the bassoon will always be my favorite instrument. :D

4. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Piano for five years now. I love it. The most expressive instrument in my opinion. I might be a little biased.;)

5. MusicJedi

Jan 5, 2001
    Cidee of Naboo,

Where do you play Bassoon? Do you still play?

6. JollyJedi

JollyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2000
    I play guitar, although I'm not great. My favourite songs to play are Beatles tunes.

7. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    I've passed my Grade 8 ABRSM piano exam 2 years ago and I'm still playing a bit, tho not as much as I'm used to (played for 11 years now). I love the piano, and I agree it's the most expressive instrument =). I also play the guitar, bass guitar, the 4 recorders, and the violin (all self-taught).

I've also have had pipe-organ lessons as well as double-bass lessons (the thing is still half a foot taller than me and it's already 3/4 size). And I've sang since I was 6 and I can do a contralto to a soprano.

I also play the keyboards and I had to learn chords and playing by ear because I was in bands

I come from a musical family and situation required me to be flexible =)

But I've always wanted to learn the sax. That's my next goal

8. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Trumpet for three years.

9. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    I make great music pounding my head against the wall.

10. Uwanna Buyer

Uwanna Buyer Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 14, 2000
  11. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    MusicJedi -- I borrowed a bassoon from my high school back in 10th grade and taught myself how to play it using a beginner's book and the small knowledge my mom had of having played many years before. Two years later, I had to give the bassoon back to the high school, and I haven't been able to play one since. This is one of the great tragedies of my life, because I absolutely love the bassoon, and as soon as I earn my first million dollars, I'm going to buy a bassoon. I'm also going to buy a grand piano and a new clarinet, and a decent violin that actually stays in tune, and a krumhorn, and a room to put them all in. I'm still working on the million dollars part, though. ;)

12. JOEYT5

JOEYT5 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 1999
    I, like JollyJedi above, love the Beatles, and I taught myself drums, been playing them for around 13 years, sometimes professionally. I can play some guitar, know 6 or 7 chords anyways, and I played trumpet in school band for like 7 years. I love to write songs and sing too, and I love all John Williams music, especially the SW scores!!

13. MusicJedi

Jan 5, 2001
    I'm going to be making payments on my bassoon for a very long time. A pro bassoon costs too damn much, but sounds awsome. Its too bad that most music shops don't rent them either. I am hoping to earn a million bucks as well, but alas.

I would like to get my wife a sackbut, and a house with a studio.

14. Lord_Marcond

Lord_Marcond Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2000
    THERE'S A LOT OF TALENTED PEOPLE!!

damn that's great. Music rules!!!

I woulndt mind conducting an orchestra playin JW music at all!!!!!!

bring it on!!

15. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I play trombone, tuba, baritone, and french horn (sort of)

16. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I've been playing bass guitar since I was 15.

17. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Guitar (both bass and six string), piano, and tenor sax (though not as well as guitar or piano).

18. Barbara Fett

Barbara Fett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 23, 1999
    I've played clarinet since 5th grade (I'm now in 9th grade). I played a John Williams medley in 8th grade. I had to do that backup part in the beginning of "Duel of the Fates" where you play the same figure measure after measure after measure and can't breathe . . . I enjoyed it though. I have the SW Trilogy sheet music book for clarinet, too. My favorite songs in there are Victory Celebration, Jedi Rocks, and Yoda's Theme. :)

19. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I read both sheet music and tabulatures, though I prefer tabs. ;)

20. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I started on clarinet, can play all saxophones, and i'm am going to teach myself guitar soon with the help of a couple of friends...

21. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    I still play the trumpet! Woo woo!

22. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    I play tuba in my high school band, baritone (valve t-bone) in our jazz band, and I'm learning a little sax. I asked my director (who is a Star Wars fan too, he even has the old '77 movie poster hanging up in his office) if we could play Duel of the Fates in our next concert. He looked at me like I was stupid and said, "Sure, Shack, we can do that." Oh well, maybe in college.

23. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Started on Clarinet in 5th grade, middle of 6th grade went to Bass Clarinet, played Clarinet in Jazz Band and The only Clarinet in 7/8 JB combo (what fun!), Junior year in HS, played Alto Clarinet in one of the bands, (while playing as the only BCl in concert band, andplaying clarinet in Pep band and of course marching band.) Can also sort of play the fife and I can play the straw (like a double-reeded instrument).

Before, I have played Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, Jaws (WooHoo! Bassoon and Bass Clarinet Solo!), Forrest Gump, and I think we have played Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and Indiana Jones but I'm not sure. This past fall for my Senior year, the marching band played Star Wars for our competition show. It was so great to play SW!

Barbara Fett: I also had to play the background DOTF stuff. You had it better, you got to sit and play it while I had to march and play it!

Woodwinds Kick brASS!!!!

24. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    As of now I'm learning how to play the drums.

25. BenMax

BenMax Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2001
    I've been playing the trumpet now for 10 years and can play almost every Star Wars theme by heart:
    main theme
    Luke's theme
    Leia's theme
    Force theme
    Obi-Wan's theme
    love theme
    Yoda's theme
    Imperial March
    Cantina band
    ANH finale
    TESB finale
    ROTJ finale