did any of you ever play a intersment?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Vader3, Feb 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. yodaboy Force Ghost

star 5
    a recorder. sort of like a flute.
  2. Barbara Fett Force Ghost

star 3
    JarJarJedi: AAAAAAAGGHH!!! <green w/ envy> A Star Wars field show! Did you make any recognizable designs? In my last show, we made a bird, a treble clef (that was my favorite), and a block that came together and then spread out.
  3. Réka Jedi Master

star 4
    yodaboy: actually, a recorder is nothing like a flute. They sound different, they're played differently, they have completely different ranges... heck, they aren't even in the same family: a flute is a woodwind, and a recorder is technically a whistle. Personally, I prefer the recorder, both for its sound and its ease of playing.

I play piano (although I haven't actually practiced in years), alto and soprano recorder (self-taught), and I sing alto. Or tenor or bass when the situation demands it, i.e. whenever the men seem incapable of staying in tune. (Tenor I sing in the same octave as the men, bass I have to go up an octave.)

I would *love* to play some of the more exotic medieval instruments, like the krumhorn Cindé mentioned. (Although, given that the sound of the krumhorn tends to make me grin uncontrollably, playing it might be a tad difficult.)
  4. Cindé of Naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    The first time you hear a crumhorn, you simply have to laugh. It's just impossible not to. Gradually, though, you become accustomed to the sound and manage to hear it and even play it without bursting into peals of laughter. ;)

I play in a (very amateur) medieval music group, mostly made up of recorders of all shapes and sizes, but there's two crumhorns -- I play tenor, my sister plays alto. The crumhorns tend to drown out the recorders -- they're not exactly timid instruments. :)
  5. Lieutenant Piett Jedi Master

star 4
    I play bass guitar and standard guitar (acoustic and electric) and several mutations in-between.

Tried playing the flute once. It didn't work. Wind-intersments ;-) are alien territory; I need stringed things...

Played double-bass for about a year back in high school too, but quit come college due to ugly music-dept. politics. Maybe I'll come back to it someday...

**Piett**
  6. Vader3 Jedi Knight

star 1
  7. Vader3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dang!!!

I can only play these on trumpet!!:

Main Theme
    Jar Jar's Theme
    Love Theme
    Yoda Theme
    Duel of the fates
    Qui-Gon's Noble end
    Angies great munapie band
    Amildias Theme
    Anakin's Theme
    Driod Invasion,Appence of DM
    Sith Spacecaft

You Rock man!!
  8. emupiett Jedi Knight

star 1
    I play trombone and compose. In my junior year (when TPM came out) we read an arangment of SW ANH pretty darn close to the real thing. Pretty tough!
  9. Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I Play tuba too! Quite good at it if I say so myself.

I also play piano and although my band dosn't play too much star wars we went to Boa (bands of america) and i have seen dci bands to so there.
  10. Barbara Fett Force Ghost

star 3
    (stares)
    :)
    ;)
    :D
    :(
    :eek:

Well, all but one of the original five is back. I don't particularly like the way the Snowboard smilies look, but they're better than nothing.
  11. Kenobi Maul Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been playing cello for 8 years.

This is my second year singing, too (if you don't count my leading role in the school production of Amahl and the Night Visitors in 5th grade). My voice has been changing for about 4 years now:(, so I couldn't tell you if I'm alto, tenor or bass. It changes daily.:D
  12. Sache8 Force Ghost

star 4
    I play the violin and the piano and love them both very much, but my dream is to play the cello. I am so jealous Kenobi Maul!

As soon as I graduate and get a real job, that's the first non-essential thing I plan to do: take cello lessons. And I don't care how far I have to drive to find a teacher

But I'm still a huge violin fan and am the proud owner of a beautiful instrument my family got for me as a grad. gift in lieu of a class ring.
  13. SheetmusicLover Jedi Padawan

I´ve played guitar for 15 years, percussion 9 years, trumpet 8 years and composing 7 years.
  14. Lieutenant Piett Jedi Master

star 4
    SheetmusicLover -- oy; you must be tired! [face_laugh]

In a related story: Ludwig von Beethoven has now been *de-composing* for 174 years . . .
  15. Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  16. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Barbara Fett: Yeah, a Star Wars field show. I loved it! This year, we just made the usual lines and "pods". We did not do our usual "W" (for Wadsworth) this year. We did do a pass through of the Woodwinds and the Brass. Of course, we did a company front, but this year, we didn't move it. (sux!)

Few more JW music to add to my list:
    Batman (duh! Basketball games!)
    The Patriot (for this past concert)
    Our Star Wars show consisting of:
    Duel of the Fates
    Anakin's Theme
    Imperial March
    The Pod Race (A.K.A. The Gungans Retreat)
    Binary Sunset (Clarinet Solos!)
    The Throne Room/End Credits

Coolguy4522: Our band used to compete in BOA a LONG time ago, like in the early 80s. We now perform in TOB (Tournament of Bands). You saw DCI bands?! I so want to see one!! Phantom Regiment stayed at our school this past summer, and I didn't go to see them pratice! Kicking myself in the butt now. My Freshman year, our band show was The Planets, and it was almost exactly like the Cavaliers '95 show. The last moves for the opener was the same, but that is usually where our band director comes up with the drill moves, from DCI. The music was almost exactly the same too!! Hopeing that I will see some DCI bands this summer.

Woodwinds Kick brASS!!

17. Yoshi the Green Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Bb clarinet for 5 years and counting.

Woodwinds definitely do kick brASS.
  18. Q187 Force Ghost

star 4
    Bass guitar and drums.
  19. Joyoda Jedi Knight

star 1
    Trombone For 7 years.
  20. Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I used to play trumpet, too. (can't believe I forgot to mention that) Didn't like it too much. I guess I can play some piano as well, but by far the instrument I'm best at is bass.
  21. Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Trombone for 7 years
    Trumpet for 6
    Baritone Horn for 4
    Alto/Tenor/Baritone Sax for 4
  22. Erin Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
  23. JonathonVandergriff Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've been playing piano since the age of 5 and I also play the violin/viola, french horn, cello, and bassoon.
  24. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I've played the violin for about 9 years of something, but the only SW-themes I've managed to pick up quite good is Imperial March.
  25. Darth_Duck Force Ghost

star 4
    I play the bagpipes, but i can't seem to get any Star Wars tunes any good, but of course, i've barely tried...

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.