main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anybody else Cry?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth-Notorious, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebel777

rebel777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2003
    Im crying just reading your responses...what it happens

2. DarthNotsonice

DarthNotsonice Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2005
    I am secure enough in my masculinity to admit to crying. [face_plain]

3. CheerUpSithKid

CheerUpSithKid Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    When Kenobi yelled at Anakin after the duel, yeah I got pretty misty. There was real stuff there.

4. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    Almost. Choked up a few times: Order 66, Ani vs Padme on Mustafar, Ani and Obi staring down, and Obi's final speech to Ani

5. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I cried at Anakin/Padme scenes A LOT!

6. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Yo I starting crying like a little girl around the last fight....which sucks cause Im like the bigest dude on the football team....shhhh dont say a word.

I mean really crying yo....like if somebody close to me died....than when ANIE lit up....OMG....I did that sucky Air, cant breath thingy.......My girl LOL at me.....

did anybody else feel the same way?

Weird. I'm the biggest guy on my football team and I cried at the movie.

The only time I cried, though, was when Anakin and Obi-Wan had their confrontation before the duel. The inter-cutting between Sidious vs. Yoda and Anakin vs. Obi-Wan dulled my emotions.

I teared up and cried when order 66 was empowered , esp when Ki-Adi was shot down, the look on his face was horrible. The scene with Obi-Wan and Yoda walking thru the temple was upsetting also.

I didn't cry, but Ki-Adi's death was the Jedi death that affected me the most.

7. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    ^Aayla Secura's death I didn't like seeeing mainly because I met the actress at C III, and she was cool.

8. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    I nearly cried when Padme said, "Anakin, you're breaking my heart!" :_|

9. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I felt nothing.

10. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    I don't cry, but Anakin preparing to slaughter the younglings really got me, I definitely got all misty.

11. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    I thought I was going to, but I didn't.

12. Denied_in_Love

Denied_in_Love Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    I CRYYED....omg..it soo sad..when padme dies, when anakin burns and the whole "you were my brother"..and after order 66...I want to see it again....It was so AWSOME!

13. chinoloco99

chinoloco99 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    I was hit emotionally at Yoda's I failed. I was watering when obi wan said, don't anakin, you were my brother. I lost it when I saw Padme's funeral.
    I will see it again, but I don't know if I can take the gut wrenching parts the next time around. Just a great movie overall!

14. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I had a lump in my throat several times. Wanted to cry but didn't. I think I'll wait for the DVD. :p

15. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    This lady sitting to the right of me was sniffling and had to leave the theater for a little while...but I didn't give it much more thought than that since something else held my interest. ;)

16. grievious

grievious Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    I wish that I could cry during the movie! It would be a great way to lose the liquid inside my body, because I drunk a bottle of cola and another one, I had to go to the toilet, when Obi-wan was telling Padme about Anakin! So I ran to the toilet, so fast you can't possibly imagine... Crying was better, then I didn't have to lose a part of the movie....

17. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    The immolation scene and the purge.

Those were tearjerkers....

18. Luminara_Sai

Luminara_Sai Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    Oh my gosh I cried a LOT during this film! I thought it was awful when order 66 was announced and there was that haunting music and the looks on all the jedi faces as they realise what has happened. Yoda looking all sad got to me too.
    Then there was that part when it was cutting between Anakin and Padme when Mace goes to confront Palpatine. That got me teary eyed. Oh and the killing of the younglings...
    And, of course, Obi-Wan's speech to Anakin was just heart breaking! I could hardly take it...
    I think I found it all so emotional because I knew what was going to happen, and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. I guess thats what makes a good tragedy!

19. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Im glad they did not show him kill the younglings how disturbing that would have been.I started crying a bit with padme/anakin sceens.Also when obi told anakin that he had loved him.But instead of holding on to sad parts it always went right back to action.This wasnt the titantic for me.

20. Master_Boucks

Master_Boucks Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2005
    Yeah great point Luminara, the fact that we all knew what was going to happen made it all the worse. We've seen the PT movies, read the PT novels, watched the PT cartoons and Anakin and Obi-Wan are ALWAYS as close as anything. Eventhough they have their disagreements you always know that they were going to back eachother up. Yet in this movie it all comes crashing down and its horrible.

21. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    i cried when anakin choked padme and when anakin was dying on the lava shore.

22. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I cried... I think I started it after Mace's death...

23. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I didn't cry,but man I felt it when they showed Padme in her casket with the Japor Snippet still around her neck. Also,when Obi-Wan drops off baby Luke. Though in a way that's kind of a happy scene,because you know there's hope ahead for the characters. :)

24. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I've cried so much over the last two weeks that I'm pretty numb but I was slack jawed through most of it...

=D=

25. Leia800

Leia800 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2000
    Didnt actually cry but the younglings and the entire dialogue between Obi-Wan and Anakin on Mustafar made me all veklmept.

That and because of my utter nerdom the closing credits when I realized this was the last movie...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.