main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anybody else Cry?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth-Notorious, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mykillmyers

mykillmyers Jedi Master star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    How in the hell do people cry at a Star Wars movie, to each his or her own but it wasn't that serious IMHO. If people are crying over suggestive violence I hope hope they never dwell beyond the PG-13 realm. LOL!!!

2. Darth_Desolate

Darth_Desolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    Just_plain_Yogurt posted on 6/1/05 11:55am
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have NEVER cried during a movie before, but came very close during the Order 66 sequence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same here.

Same here too.

3. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    I am a guy but I got a little teary eyed when Anakin and Padme are talking on Mustafar and Padme says "Your breaking my hear." I mean she truly seemed heart borken there great acting.

4. Morgy

Morgy Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    I normally don't cry at many movies (ROTJ at the end I do and I did for Return of the King) but this I cried bucketloads. I cry harder each time i've seen it actually :(

5. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Yea I got teary eyed when Frodo had to leave Middle Earth.

I also almost balled when the slaugtering of the Jedi happend.

6. KMC

KMC Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    Oh, I cried. I rarely do that during a movie.

7. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    see my signature and answer yourself

8. sithrock

sithrock Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    I got tight chested when order 66 happened along with mace's death. I teared up when anakin and obi-wan locked up. I cried at the end when obi-wan went into exile... I mean talk about having the worst day of your life, your best friend turns on you, you cut his legs and arm off, your other friends get shot to hell and everything you value has been destroyed, I felt sorry for the guy.

9. Jedi_killed_my_baby

Jedi_killed_my_baby Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    "you where my brother and i loved you" made me cry along with padme's funeral.

10. I_Bent_My_Wookie

I_Bent_My_Wookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I must admit. On my fifth and recent viewing, I got teary during the ending scene with Owen, Beru, and baby Luke looking out at the sunset.

11. Darien_SabreHawkke

Darien_SabreHawkke Jedi Youngling star 3

May 29, 2005
    I got misty at the opening scroll knowing this might be the last time I see a new one in my life time.

after that I felt more anger that sadness, the 4th and last time I watched it I juft felt nothing but anger, I am probably not going to see it again till dvd release.

seeing senseless tragedy that could have been totally avoided had Windu (or anyone in similar situations) not had his head up his high horses arce and seen he was being used like a sucker just makes me angry

12. Darth_Kickass

Darth_Kickass Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    a sith lord never cries..........

*sniff*

13. obianikdart

obianikdart Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Me and my girl started crieng when Ki Adi Got shutdown and When Yoda fell on his knees , we would have cried a little more , if lucas SLOWED down a little , why this sense of rush , **** !!!!!

14. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I became choked up too many times to count. Hell, "Anakin, You're breaking heart" nearly made me cry when I saw it in the fraking TRAILER. "The boy you trained, gone he is, consumed by Darth Vader" got me too during the trailers. I'm getting choked up just typing it. The ultimate crying moment during the movie was when Anakin caught on fire and Obi-Wan just LEFT HIM THERE TO DIE. I couldn't handle it. It was so sad. It is the only moment in a SW movie that physically bothered me. I mean bothered like it actually happened, like when the news manages to catch a death live as it happens, and shows it on the 6 o'clock news.

And yes, I am a guy. Men in my family are notoriously easy criers.

15. darth_padawan_padme

darth_padawan_padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2005
    OMG i started bwling when Ankin is in the Jedi Council chamber and Padme is in the senate apartment and they're looking at where the other is...

I think the question is who didn;t cry?

16. Sad_Devotion

Sad_Devotion Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2004
    Answer: No. Not even close.

I thought the Tattooine ending would get me but it felt too perfunctory. Maybe GL will correct this for the DVD.

17. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    I cried when the theatre sound kept screwing up and I thought about how much blood sweat and tears Lucas put into this project. How he invented the technology to give us a better experience in that theatre. How he lost his marriage and sacrificed everything to bring us these stories only to have them screwed up by some jerk off in a projection room that can't pull his stuff together for five minutes when the reels change.

I used to work in audio and know what it's like to spend days on a porject, making it your pride and joy only to have a third rate sound system destroy it in public.

And that was only a few days.

18. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    I'm a big softy. The first time I saw it I didn't cry. I was amazed but not to the point of crying.

The second time I was more relaxed and could just sit down and really watch what was happening. I felt myself getting choked up when Anakin said, "This is the happiest moment of my life." (talking about the baby)

Got choked up when Order 66 was being "executed" seeing Ki-Adi go was hard, and poor Aayla... also the choking continued as Yoda dropped his cane and clutched his chest.

When Anakin and Obi were riding on the platforms staring at eachother I was stared to get teary-eyed. When Obi says "I failed you, Anakin." And after Anakin gets his legs and arm cut off and he's helpless. Obi-Wan: "It was said you would destroy the Sith not join them, fufill you're destiny, bring balance to the force, don't leave it in darkness!" Man that got me going. I was shuddering through the hole thing.

19. jedi-killah

jedi-killah Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I've watched it again today and the order 66 montage gets to me everytime. Seriously, I almost cried and I'm 24 years old.

What hits me the hardest is the fact that all these Jedi Knights are all gunned down in a matter of seconds like nothing. It's like their whole legacy was just spit on by the Empire. Truely, a heartbreaking moment.

20. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Well I just liked some of the directing choices done with Order 66... just little things like when Ki-Adi yells, "Come on!" as he's charging into battle, not thinking anything of the Clonetroopers actually about to turn on him... and his dialogue sounds muffled and echoed as if his voice is traveling through a canyon or something... it gives it that kind of morbid feel I think... I dunno, it's kind of hard to explain. The fact that he's about to die, and his last words sound very ethereal...

And also the music that plays after Yoda beheads the troopers and climbs up Chewie's arm, it's a little section that's not on the soundtrack but leads to music that IS on the soundtrack, from track 04, "Anakin's Betrayal." The choir continues on over into the slow moving shot across the Jedi Temple of Jedi being killed, leading to Anakin going into the chamber where the younglings are hiding. Amazing.

21. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Poor mundi, he tries to block the fire, but there's too many at such a close range. He never had a chance. He was so brave to, leading his troops through that hell. Those clonetrooping bastards.

22. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    When order66 goes to Kashyyyk and they show the battle and the wookies and those giant tanks and you hear the sad music. I feel like crying, but not for the reasons you might think, because I realized at that moment, that, that shot is the last battle war shot will ever see from ILM in a SW movie, ILM's final hurrah. It just gets to me and Williams music. So amazing. It means SW is over.

When Yoda climbs up on Chewie's arm and sits around his head, that's so sad looking, like two beloved characters, sharing a moment as friends. Helping each other.

23. DarthCryptus

DarthCryptus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2004
    I got choked up when Obi-Wan left Anakin, NOT because he had no heart and wanted him to die, but he loved him too much to actually kill Anakin himself, and he already thought that Anakin was almost dead. He loved him too much to kill him himself. Then during Order 66. Especially when they keep shooting the first Jedi chick. She was dead and they kept shooting her and shooting her. The music was really good and aided to all of these emotions. Also when Mace's hand is finally cut off and Palpatine keeps frying him and frying and Mace is screaming. I didn't cry but I almost did.

24. Uttini_said_the_Jawa

Uttini_said_the_Jawa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2005
    *raises hand*

and proud of it! :] haha i am too sensitive for my own good

25. ZachH

ZachH Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Yeah I did lol, For me it was Order 66 that hit me the hardest then from the moment that padmes ship lands on mustafar at the end pure tragic bliss. I really enjoy trajedy for some reason lol it helps me to know that there are other people who are just as miserable as i am lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.