main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anybody else Cry?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth-Notorious, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Rags

Darth_Rags Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2005
    I almost cried for joy at how great this film is, I almost cried at the sad bits of the films and I almost cried at the end.

2. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    I mean its kinda hard not to cry its a real emontional and dramatic movie, espsly at the end. but thats just me I really didnt even cry I shed a tear.

3. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    I actually wanted to shed a tear. I couldn't the first go around but I've seen it 4 times now with the intention to get wrapped up and let it out but every time I get foiled by some jackass who feels the need to be distracting in the theatre.

It's just that after such a long time of being so immersed in something, feeling that you've come to relate with the characters on go on this journey with them, the apex of sorrow that is ROTS should have that affect on anyone who's that into it.

I felt my heart sinking in some parts and almost thought maybe I could feel them welling up, but not one streamed down my face. Maybe it will happen when I get back to my hometown and have the chance to relax and get into things. we'll see

4. HANSHottSTUFF911

HANSHottSTUFF911 Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    OMG, I cried so frickin hard it wasn't even funny. I'm 15, and popular at school at everything so I mean no one would think I'd be a "Star Wars Geek", but I am. I just really don't think it's all that geeky, (nothing like Star Trek anyways lol). I mean I've been watching it since I was 2. So what I'm saying is Star Wars has been a big part of my life since as far back as I can remember, and probably even before then. Anyways I took my good friend Sarah to see ROTS with me, and she's never watched a Star Wars movie in her life. About half way through the movie I felt my eyes getting a little teared up, but I just toughed it out for a while. When I saw Anakin kill the younglings I swear I thought I was going to be sick. I started crying, and I just couldn't believe it. It just took my breath away. When he choked Padme I really started crying, and when he battled with Obiwan, ooh it was just awful. When the credits came up I was just crying so hard, and I was like the galaxy... it's falling apart. Sarah just looked at me funny and was like I don't even know what the hecks going on and you're sitting here crying like a baby. Well anyways it was pretty funny, but I guess you'd of had to been there. I'm still sad though.

5. jedipadawan2007

jedipadawan2007 Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    when anakin killed the younglings i almost did

6. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    what do you mean, that was never shown on screen.

7. shiningstars

shiningstars Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2002
    The first time I didn't but I was very jittery and close to crying. The second time I realised I had been crying after the end credits rolled :p I must have been that absorbed into the movie.

It's hard to not be a part of the movie because you feel so connected to the characters, so involved it's as if you are right in the middle of the movie.

Did anyone feel weird when they got out in the "real world" ?

I love ROTS *hugs it* :)

8. LittleGreenManYoda

May 26, 2005
    I think this this huge you were looking for [:D]

9. Chnap

Chnap Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    Turcy

Romantic love is not evil. It only seems that it's evil because of what it seems to do to Anakin in the movie. I personally think romantic love is okay as long as it isn't based on selfish love and end up hurting the people that you love :). And in my opinion (as a side and not saying that you seem to think so but rather to reinforce the idea that romantic love is a result of true love), it seems that one shouldn't rely on romantic love to keep the love in a marriage going. Romantic love doesn't always equal love. Romantic love is the result that sometimes comes out of true love. It's a wonderful thing if it appears but if it doesn't, it doesn't mean the person doesn't love you and want to stay with you. This is not to say that one shouldn't try and pursue it. Romantic love seems to bring some of the fun into a relationship. In my opinion, one should at least try to pursue it.

I think Anakin may have selfishly loved Padame and the romantic love that came from it veered him off the path of good and into the path of evil. So in fact, it was this selfish love that caused things to go bad between Anakin and Padame and not the romantic love that resulted from it. In my inexperienced opinion :), if Anakin had loved Padame truly and unselfishly, the romantic love that came from that love wouldn't have resulted in evil actions.

I sort of teared up during the scene in which Padame realizes that Anakin has indeed turned to the Dark Side and when Obi One mentions that he has failed Anakin during the final lightsaber battle (because Obi One's love for Anakin was truly unselfish and Anakin returning Obi One's unselfish love for his master with selfish love which resulted in Anakin fighting his Master to the death)

10. MystikalMaceWindu

MystikalMaceWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    I don't cry during movies, but I did come close to crying when the Clones turn on the Jedi, beginning with when Commander Cody gives the instruction to shoot down Obi-Wan.
    The piece from the soundtrack used during this pivotal scene (Anakin's Betrayal) was my favorite before the movie came out, and I loved how it was used in the movie, showing the Clones shoot down some Jedi masters.
    That to me was one of the most, if not THE MOST, powerful part of the whole movie. I also was moved when Obi-Wan talks to Anakin after he's taken off his legs and left arm.

11. shiningstars

shiningstars Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2002
    yes thank you [:D] *hugs all sad star wars fans* [:D]

I can't believe it's all over :_| I was repeating it to myself in disbelief(out loud) once I was out of the theater :(

It's impossible to love this movie so much and to not feel any emotion

12. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I feel bad for the Young Soldiers dying over there, but at the sametime. When you sign on the dotted line to be in the Army. You know what you're getting into. No one forced them to be in the army. It was their choice. Once you go in there, you must do what your country tells you to do. They knew the conciquences of their actions, but of course it's sad, no one wants anyone to die. No one wanted 9/11. No one wanted Saddam. No one wants Castro. Such is the nature of the world.

13. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    I cried during the execution or Order 66 & during the immolation scene.

14. AlphaTrion-TJW

AlphaTrion-TJW Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    I as close when they were putting Anakin in the armor-- I never cry at movies. Just something especially when the helmet snaps down and seals that...shudder, it got to me at the core.

15. starwarsfan4life1

starwarsfan4life1 Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    i have watched it 9 times and each time i cried like i didnt no wat was gonna happen. im gonna see it agn this weekend and i no im gonna cry [agn] and xpect something 2 change and have anakin stay good and kill the emperor but i no its not gonna change

16. Darth_Solomanche66

Darth_Solomanche66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    Hey everybody! I've been snoopin around here for the last few weeks but this is my FIRST post! Thought this topic appropriate to post first message...

Reading the last few pages, I didn't notice anyone teared up at the same part of the movie I did. But according to RM's hyperspace chat yesterday, I can assume he and I teared up at the same spot in the movie, and that was when Anakin (Vader) got cooked. And of course the "I HATE YOU" and "I LOVED YOU" and "YOU WERE LIKE MY BROTHER, ANAKIN"... wow, that did it for me. It was so sad to see Anakin go down like that, even though I knew that's how it was gunna happen.

I've always been a fan of the baddies, and to see my boyhood hero, Darth Vader, get burnt to a crisp and screaming in agony, well, I got a little 'veclempt' (sp?)...anyway, it's been nice sharing this thought with all of you, as always I enjoy reading most of your posts. See you in the near future!!

MTFBWY,A

17. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I haven't flat out cried while seeing ROTS, but there are moments where I get teary eyed. In particular, I get teary and depressed when Anakin ignites his lightsaber in front of the younglings. I've watched ROTS six times and it gets me every time. The "You were the chosen one" speech, Order 66, and the very end of the film also get to me.

Also, in regards to Padme and Mace's death scenes, I never got teary eyed. However, similiarily to Qui-Gon's death scene, I did indeed feel sad.

18. THX-1138_4EB

THX-1138_4EB Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    The Jedi massacre montage was the most powerful moment for me. The whole film was very strong dramaticaly...

19. DarthSidiousIII

DarthSidiousIII Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2004
    I got teary-eyed at a bunch of parts, especially when Yoda left Kashyyyk because he knew something terrible had happened...the music played here just got me emotional. When I watched RotJ recently, I literally cried my eyes out when Luke beats Vader. I was seriously crying like my best friend just died; and I've never cried like that before at any movie.

20. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    I almost did...the only thing that got me close was the ending and Anakin's sensless slaughter of the younglings.

21. Jedi_Mistress_Alexia

Jedi_Mistress_Alexia Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    I cried twice: when Padme talked with Anakin before the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight, and when Anakin was struggling to move upwards, before and after he caught on fire. It almost made me want to follow Hayden around after the movie to make sure he's alright! LOL, silly thought, I know, but it was so heart-wrenching for me...

22. captainfrosty

captainfrosty Jedi Master star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    I teared up at the younglings scene... :_|

23. LittleGreenManYoda

May 26, 2005
    I did get teary eyed when Padme was talking to Anakin on Mustafar when she said "Your breaking my heart!."

i already posted that before just like to share it agian.

24. TheDarkSide115

TheDarkSide115 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I cried during

1. Order 66
    2. Birth Of Vader
    3. When the end credits came on

25. LittleGreenManYoda

May 26, 2005
    Date Posted: 7:15pm Subject: RE: Did anybody else Cry?
    I cried during

1. Order 66
    2. Birth Of Vader
    3. When the end credits came on

I guess you could cry when the Birth of Vader happens thats when Anakin pretty much dies but still I was just kinda sad not emotional at that part, and the credits I guess that would make you cry seeing that this is the last Star Wars film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.