main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anybody else Cry?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth-Notorious, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Mistress_Alexia

Jedi_Mistress_Alexia Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    I may have cried while Anakin was on the operating table was well...

2. TheDarkSide115

TheDarkSide115 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Well I didnt really cry during the birth of vader scene, my eyes watered up but no tears came out

3. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    No, but "Order 66" was preety strong.

4. indy_solo136

indy_solo136 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2004
    I cried at the end of the movie because there was no Padme shower scene.

Seriously, the ending was the most emotional for me. I didn't cry, but felt like it. The only movie I've ever cried in was at ROTK. When I saw Anakin burning, Padme's funeral, and Vader rising with all the music, it was like tragic bliss (if that makes sense).

5. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Its kinda of a through back when you see the Jedi almost completly wiped out in a single night, I mean when you look at it its like DAMN! just like that one single order. You would think Sidous was ordering from Papa Johns.

Sidous: Order 66

Papa Johns: um this Papa Johns we dont have that

Sidous: oh wrong holo number

*turns off holovid*

Sidous: Dammit did it agian im suposed to forsee this stuff.

6. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I should've known Celebs were trying to take over.

Ryan, the average joes are evil!

From my point of view, Celebrities are evil!

Well then you are lost!

7. jendrajade

jendrajade Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    i was about to cry when Obi Wan was talking to Anakin when he got his legs chopped off when he was saying "You were my brother Anakin!, I loved you!" and when Anakin shouted back "I hate you!"

as its said ROTS didn't have the best acting but Anakin hit the spot on that line, the emotion was intense.

8. Darth_Collier

Darth_Collier Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    typical americans, sorry but I'd hate to share a cinema with you

typical yanks crying
    well go on Gavin Fett
    I bet you'll block me for this
    you never answered my question on the other post why I was banned for saying "hey hey" and friendly gretting you all

9. Brobu

Brobu Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    God, no. The movie was mostly emotionless. There were some attempts at generating emotion through heavy-handed attempts in the musical score, but they didn't work; the acting, the script and the characters lacked personality and drive. It was a fair film, but made by numbers.

Actually, the only part that generated any semblance of emotion from me was when Ki Adi Mundi died, simply because that was shot so well. I don't know anything about him, but him being betrayed was minorly touching. I felt more for him than Anakin or even Padme`, as much as Lucas tried to manipulate me into doing so.

If people are crying at this movie, they need to see some classic drama.

10. Master_Boucks

Master_Boucks Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2005
    Brobu,

I'm not saying that ROTS does possess the worlds greatest acting or anything else for that matter, so i think its a little over the top to say that people should see some "real drama" if they are going to cry in ROTS.

I will unashamably admit that I bawled my eyes out during ROTS for the best part of the last hour. This was because of what was being represented. The fact that Obi-Wan and Anakin were going to fight to the death, the fact that the Jedi Order got wiped out. All these sorts of things were what upset me, and probably would've regardless of the acting. This is because i'm a massive star wars fan and it is a tragedy. Not because I don't know anything about movies which would inspire real emotion. We've known that all this stuff was going to happen, but until it is placed before you it isn't really "real".

Whic sort of movies do you think would cause people to cry?

I've also cried in Million Dollar Baby, A Very Long Engagement and plenty more which would be classified as quality drama movies.

11. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    IVE CRIED NUMEROUS TIMES!

12. Sersa_Tomad

Sersa_Tomad Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    I was born with no lachrymal glands. But I almost cry when I heard Palpatine's evil voice for the first time. It was so pathetic...

13. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    i didnt cry, but order 66 always puts a lump in my throat. When vader breaths, i go all tingly!

p.s Did anyone else think it was really cool that they used the same ESB sound effect when vaders helmet is put on, i like little touches like that!

14. Jandekian_Overlord

Jandekian_Overlord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    No, although The Velvet Underground's "Ride Into The Sun" induces chills every so often for its frank message and exquisite beauty.

I did, however, feel rather ill after witnessing Anakin's unfortunate demise at the hands of both Palpatine (psychologically) and Obi-Wan (physically).

When one thinks of it, this is an individual who (feels/was..how ever you perceive it) inevitably betrayed by both the light and dark forces that be. Fortunately, he (more accurately, his son...he was merely an assitant in such an event) eventually was able to restore the balance of reality and revive an order that had since become more like its supposed nemesis than it could ever have imagined.

Both the Jedi and Sith could be seen as an evil force (as in both sides believe their respective perceptions of reality are the ultimate truth....this is truly foolish)-- Anakin was simply caught up in the war between two confused, undeniably dated (in regards to perceptions of how things are, etc.) orders.

15. bebbie

bebbie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    I cried at the end of the movie because there was no Padme shower scene.

I'm female and I cried coz there was no Obi-Wan shower scene! [face_frustrated]

Seriously though, I tear up at:

- Yoda dropping the stick and clutching his heart during the Jedi Purge

- "I HATE YOU!!" followed by "You were my brother, Anakin! I loved you!"

- The look on Obi-Wan's face holding baby Luke as Padme died

- Obi-Wan turning to walk away after giving Luke to Beru (I alway wanted an Obi-Wan walking off into the sunset, but this is good enough for me!)

But the one that gets me the most is:

- Beru with baby Luke in arms and Owen looked at the binary sunset complete with the Binary Sunset music!

16. iKillBabyJedis

iKillBabyJedis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    "I'm female and I cried coz there was no Obi-Wan shower scene!"

PERVERT! God I swear all you women ever think about is Sex. Get you mind out the gutter, Obi would never and I mean never!!! take a shower Period.

Now back on topic..... Any of you guys notice that Padme wasnt wearing a bra in that hairbrushing scene??? =P~

I mean wozzers hummina hummina hummina I'd love to rest my head on those Love Pillows.

Heck even when Anakin says the dreaded "No cuz Im so in love with You." line. He isnt looking in her eyes I'll tell you that right now.

17. Sersa_Tomad

Sersa_Tomad Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    I mean wozzers hummina hummina hummina I'd love to rest my head on those Love Pillows.

Pillows? No. Cushions? Maybe.

18. Fisto_My_Hero

Fisto_My_Hero Jedi Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    haha your horrible, what i dont get is how padme could have even slept in that night gown, it had like pearls hanging off of it. lol wouldn thtat get rather lumpy?

getting back on topic now...

i cried so incredibly much, like when all the jedi were dieing, order 66, and when anakin was burning up and obiwon was like ''anakin i loved you as if you were my own brother.'' that part really got to me...

19. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    "I'm female and I cried coz there was no Obi-Wan shower scene!"

DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO! lol :D

20. cooltazz

cooltazz Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    I got chocked up on Padme's funeral .
    then when ben took baby luke to the aunt and uncles

21. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    typical pompous ass foreign bitch

22. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    The tears started when the lights went down.

The funny part:

I was crying as my friends were laughing. I almost turned my friend that wouldn't shut up and smacked him.

The wourst part:

"You were my brother."

The fact that no one cried when saw it at midnight made me mad. I thought all my friends were callous dip-f%$@s.
    When I saw it with my family, I looked over at my little brothers at this point. One (10) was balling. The other (12) refused to let anyone see his face.

I taught 'em good.

23. masterheiros

masterheiros Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    I'm a nutter...I cried 5 times! When the three Jedi that were with Mace died...I cried because it was a waste and Saesee, Agen, and Kit deserved better. I of course, blubbered when Ki-Adi Mundi was shot down. I cried when they found the dead younglings. I cried when Obi-Wan was shouting to Anakin that he was his brother and he loved him. And I cried at Padme's funeral. I'm usually not that emotional but I guess this movie hit me unlike any other before. *feels really stupid*

24. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I cried when Padme died and when the younglings got murdered as well as Order 66.

25. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    I've cried, at some point, during each of the six times I've seen it. not necessarily because of the acting/emotion, but just because of the overall effect, and because this is the LAST STAR WARS EVER!!

Palps seducing Anakin makes me so mad and helpless I cry
    Order 66 has made me tear up
    Any hints to the OT makes me cry with joy!
    And the "You were my brother!" line makes me cry every time.
    And I NEVER cry otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.