main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anybody else Cry?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth-Notorious, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synaqui

synaqui Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    I really cried when they showed Plo koons Death,THen the youngling part

2. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    I didn't cry but my eyes began to water during Obi-wan's speech at the end of the duel.

I thought I would cry during Order 66 but I just got goosebumps and this sick feeling in my stomach.

3. darth_morgus

darth_morgus Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    obi-wan: You were the chosen one! You were meant to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!!

*goosbumps and tears*

4. Monument

Monument Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    I got choked up (every time) at the last half of ROTS...very sad and emotional. Especially when Padme pleaded Anakin to come back to her, her expressions were priceless.

5. Ataris

Ataris Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    I must admit that I cried at the funeral scene when the camera draws over to her hand that holds the japor snippet, a symbol of her love for Anakin Skywalker.

6. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    When I saw it for the first time on my own on Friday, I finally allowed myself to cry during the Padme/Anakin/Obi Mustafar landing platform scene. Had been holding back the tears for seven viewings...so it felt good to finally let it out.

The real kicker of that scene is the way that Padme says "No!" just after Anakin yells "LIAR!" in her face. That's the part that makes me lose it. Such great delivery by Natalie with that line.

Wouldn't dare cry during the other viewings when I'm with my family and friends and such. No way. :p

7. WeaveSP03

WeaveSP03 Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    I never cried, I just don't during movies. The one that almost got me was Passion of the Christ.

But I was really disturbed when I saw Mace getting fried by Palpatine. The look on Palps face right before he screams "Power! Unnnlimmited Poowwerrrr!" gives me the shakes. He is so evil.

8. skywalker02

skywalker02 Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2004
    I've seen it 4 times now and each time I've cried/teared up numerous times. The first showing I was shocked and stunned so of course the tears came a rollin' down.. the second time I knew what was going to happen, but i still cried.. the third and fourth i cried mainly when anakin force chokes padme and calls her a liar, when obi wan tells anakin he loved him like a brother, "I HATE YOU", and then connection of the part where padme births/dieing and darth vader being born.., and the first time hearing darth vader breathing.. that got me.. and hearing luke and leia's themes.. wow.. anything else? lol

9. STWRSFREAK

STWRSFREAK Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    yes evil
    love them bad guys
    especailly sidious
    passion of christ did nothing for me
    but star wars did love this movie

10. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    I didn't tear up, but I thought the duel had some sad points, like when Obi-Wan says "I've failed you" and starts to go off on Anakin after slicing him up.

The last two didn't have much feeling IMO but there were points in this one that I thought were pretty dramatic, with my favorite being when Obi-Wan realizes that he has to kill Anakin, and Padme says "you're going to kill him, aren't you?"

11. STWRSFREAK

STWRSFREAK Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    well i did basicl cause it was the end part of the deul
    and padme's fueral and obi giving baby luke to the lars
    and know that the movie was over

12. Thulium

Thulium Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 1999
    I learned an important lesson when I went to see Passion: Don't try to eat crunchy snackfoods during this movie.

No, not because it made me ill or anything like that... Because during the "scourging" scene there were people in the audience with me actually bawling aloud--I don't mean misty-eyed or polite sobbing, but all-out CRYING...and then there's me feeling like a complete heretic: *CRUNCH* *CRUNCH* *CRUNCH*

It's not that the scene didn't impact me, it was more about where my focus was at the time. Just thinking about the symbols of the "Last Supper" will bring me to tears, but when watching Passion there was really only one thought going through my mind: "Please, God, I hope you allowed Mel Gibson to FINALLY make a religious themed film that's neither Hokey or Heretical"

...okay maybe that and, "Mmmm, I'm hungry."

This past weekend I went to "Sisterhood" with my girlfriend (hey, she drove with me 3.5 hours to see Star Wars on a digital screen--I can sit through a chickflick) and that got me a bit misty-eyed at points, but if I had any plans to cash in on the brownie points I knew ahead of time that if I couldn't cry naturally I should try forcing some. I very well may have been the ONLY male in that theatre. There was probably enough free radical estrogen in the air alone to bring me to tears.

As for crying during RotS? I think I'm too much of a fanboy to cry. I was staring at the screen so intently trying to take in every little nuance of the film that I couldn't tell you now if there were tears in my eyes and if there were...they could have just as easily been from my eyes watering for fear of closing for an instant. ;-)

13. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    Tip to all you male star wars fanboys withOUT girlfriends(which is probabally a lot, no offense, lol, we were born and will die nerds, haha :p); believe it or not, a lot of the time girls don't go for the whole macho thing and would rather see you a bit more sensitive and such.Take it from me fellas, I'm one of them, :p.

14. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Tip to all you male star wars fanboys withOUT girlfriends(which is probabally a lot, no offense, lol, we were born and will die nerds, haha ); believe it or not, a lot of the time girls don't go for the whole macho thing and would rather see you a bit more sensitive and such.Take it from me fellas, I'm one of them, .

Well im pretty damn popular in school and I have hot girlfreind and im a StarWars Nerd but i keep the StarWars nerd a secreat because once you let the public know your branded as a nerd and you also have to act dumb im good at that because im naturaly dumb.

15. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    ^^^LOL
    Well, I'm girl and never cry at movies, but ROTS did make me very sad... Hands down, it's the most emotional of the saga.

16. Miss_Aayla_Secura

Miss_Aayla_Secura Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    "Execute Order 66" ... "You were my brother, Anakin, I loved you" *sniff sniff*

Oh and Padme's funeral, she looked so beautiful, and he youthful beauty highlighted what a tragedy her demise was ...

17. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    ROTS is one of the only movies I cried in; the last time I cryed in a movie was Jack Frost, when I was about, oh, I think 7. :p Beats me why I cried though...:p

18. MN_JEDI

MN_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2003
    First time I got teared up a little. In following viewings I was still choked up during the Order 66 scenes, must of been the imagery and the musical blend.

19. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I've seen it six times and each time it gets worse. I don't really cry, but I get choked up when I see the end of the duel. Watching Anakin 'die' is just too much for me. Not afraid to admit that either.

20. Darth_Masticator

Darth_Masticator Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    nah, it's hard to cry when you have a droid delivering a cheesy line during one of the most dramatic parts of the movie....."she's lost the will to live"...that actually made me laugh, not cry, i thought it was ridiculous

the saddest part for me was seeing anakin catch fire...it was just sad to see how low he fell

21. LordBlack

LordBlack Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I get teary eyed during Padme/Anakin looking out into the Coursant skyline to each other.

22. jedi-jo-rel

jedi-jo-rel Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Yes indeed I cried, and my niece laughed at me( right before she cried).
    And same as the rest of you I cried on theses scenes:

- The execution of Order 66. The killing of the jedi was bad.

- Anakin marching with the clones into the Jedi Temple. giving you an idea of waht's to come.

- The youngling slaughter. "Master Skywalker there's too many of them..." I lost it there.

- Padme crying when she sees the Jedi Temple burning.

- Yoda and Obi sifting through the bodies of the Younglings at the Temple. And seeing Yoda with tears in his eyes.

- Obi-Wan's Plea.

"Send me to kill the Emperor."

"Anakin is my brother, I can't kill him."

- Anakin standing alone on the Mustafar balcony, with one tear streaming down his face.

- Anakin's acceptance of being Sidious' apprentice. I knew this was all going to happen but I didn't want it to.

- The separation of Leia on Alderaan and Luke on Tatooine.

- The Anakin/Padme/Obi-Wan confrontation on the Mustafar landing platform.
    sad sad SAD!!!!!!!!!

- Obi-Wan's speech to Anakin at the end of The Duel."you were my brother, I loved you."that really got me bad. It still does.

-The "I HATE YOU!" from Anakin was so damn powerful I couldn't take it.

- The birth of the twins and Death of Padme.

- Padme's Funeral. And seeing the necklace Anakin made for her as a boy. Damn!

very powerful stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wierd that I didn't cry when Mace died... I wonder why.

23. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    Oh yeah i got teary alright...
    from the moment Anakin stares out across towards Padme's apartment and Padme is staring back...and he decides to do..what he does..that was it Tears were silently pouring down my face. they had stopped when i saw the birth of Vader..but came back as soon as i saw the babies with THAT music score behind it. The music does it ever time. Even when im listening to the soundtrack i still get teary at that point....hehe

24. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    I got upset during the Youngling scene. That cute little innocent boy was perfect for that role. His startled expression was devastating.

25. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Moving up to save. Please don't post here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.