main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anybody else Cry?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth-Notorious, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminara_Sai

Luminara_Sai Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    Leia, I'm right there with ya...Can't believe this is the last one people!

2. Master_Boucks

Master_Boucks Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2005
    Yeah it is, but hey the saga lives on! God bless DVD's!!!!

3. Leia800

Leia800 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2000
    Im still hoping against hope that Lucas will remember what a cash cow this Star Wars series is and he'll surprise us all with more.

4. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    There were a couple of scenes where I got emotional. Not noticable unless you were right next to me paying attention to me.

Which was the Window Scene and at the end of the Duel when Obi-Wan was telling Anakin off. Oh and when the younglings in the council room and Anakin goes in there and we all know what he's going to do. That got to me.

~PK~

5. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Leia's theme did it.

!snap

6. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    I cried when the youngling asked Anakin for help :(
    also during the force choke, Padme's death and funeral.. amazing stuff

7. Trystero

Trystero Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I'm glad everyone here can admit to crying.

George did his job. He really delivered on the promise of being a modern day mythmaker. Think about how that will affect younger kids and give them a better sense of right and wrong, which we're always hearing is a vanishing trait in society.

Ki Adi Mundi's brief struggle was overwhelming. After Order 66, it was hard to keep my contact lenses clear enough to see through and just reliving it here reading your posts is making me well up all over again. It's an honor to share this moment with you all.

Obi-Wans speech to Anakin amidst the lava was tremendous. Their friendship was finally given its due importance and the portrayal was much better enacted this time around.

MTFBWY

8. Darth Mallrat

Darth Mallrat Jedi Youngling

May 31, 1999
    The last shot of owen and beru holding Luke with the two suns in the background. That brought the whole series full circle to when Luke was standing in that same spot in ANH.

I just sniffled. (allergies)

9. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I cried three or four times & I teared up a few times to!

10. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    I didn't cry, but I was definitely moved by Anakin and Padme "steering" at each other across the cityscape, as well as the Order 66 scenes and when Anakin catches on fire on the lava bank.

There were gasps in the crowd when Anakin draws his saber against the Younglings.

11. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    ironically my eyes didnt even moisten up :( (yet i wept in AOTC). it did pull my heartstrings when the Lars had Luke and they looking out at the binary sunset. that was a picture prefect ending.

12. Bruce_the_Bith

Bruce_the_Bith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2005
    I actually just cried again, after seeing the movie, oh 12 hours ago, while waiting for my lunch.

Obi: "You were the Chosen One! I loved you!"

Every time I repeat those words, I ball up inside. Just the way Ewan said those words, and the gravity behind it. Just wow.

13. DDogForce1

DDogForce1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2005
    The sad thing is (no pun intended) I shed a few tears while reading the transcript but when I actually saw the movie it didn't have the same effect. Maybe because I already knew what was going to happen and prepared myself for it, or maybe Lucas just didn't quite get it on film.

14. FettEx

FettEx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I didnt but my 22 yr old cousin did. She was balling her eyes out when Mace got asked out. She was like "NO!! I didnt know..." Oh dont get me started with the younglings scene...sheesh...damn that palpatine.

15. Padi-Wan

Padi-Wan Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I would have to say the two parts that absolutely broke my heart were Yoda's reaction to the deaths of the JEDI and the scene between Obi-wan and Padme. It was heart-wrencing to see Yoda drop his cane and fall to his knees in grief.

The scene where Obi-wan asks Padme if Anakin is the father would have to rank at the top. He says 'I'm so sorry,' and he just walks off. INCREDIBLE! I can't tell if he is telling her he is sorry because Anakin is the father or if he is saying sorry because he has to kill the father of her children.

16. jackdaniels

jackdaniels Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    i did too..

4 times ...

ohh man..

the kids kiiled me :(

17. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    I didn't find it particularly sad. But I don't cry at movies anyway. I wasn't sad when the good guys died.

18. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    I saw it this morning, and I cried as well. I literally brought a handkerchief with me because I knew I would. I lost it when the Clone Troopers started killing the Jedi and then when the little Youngling is asking Anakin what are they going to do, and he just stands there, emotionless, and lights up his saber to do them in. I cried yet again when Obi-Wan and Yoda go through the temple and see the corpses. I really really wept when they had Padme's funeral and showed the Jappor snippet. I was so emotionally drained after the movie was over that my mind was numb for the first hour or so after I saw it, it was that powerful. Good work, George. The circle is indeed complete now.

19. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Didn't cry but I teared up:

1. Obiwan saying "Anakin is the Father, isn't he" to Padme before he goes of to kill him. It made the weight of his duty so much heavier and was a perfectly delivered line/scene. That line I think will be my favorite of the entire PT.

2. Obiwan saying "Only a Sith deals in absolutes" as he took off his Jedi robes. It was the moment where Obiwan finally realized that nothing he could say could bring Anakin back to the light side of the force. He was basically saying "I've really tried, Anakin, and I hoped it wouldn't come to this, but now I must kill you". That was the moment where Obiwan's and Anakin's relationship was totally severed and it tore me appart. It was powerful!

3. The birth of the twins. My wife and I had our first baby 3 months ago and it hit home hard.

20. KPoland

KPoland Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    I got misty eyed during the final scene. Had to rub my nose a few times.

21. SithLord-Will

SithLord-Will Jedi Master star 3

Mar 2, 2002
    I teared up several times, but the only time I really felt tears fall was the Jedi Purge. I think the one that really hit me hard was Plo Koon. We see Ki Adi and Aayla get gunned down by troopers, but they tried to defend themselves slighty. And during the temple scene, we see the Jedis take 2 or 3 Troopers out before going down. But Plo was in his ship, unable to die defending himself, unable to bring out his Saber, and do anything...

We definatly earned our PG-13...

22. lvk1978

lvk1978 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 27, 2004
    I can't tell if he is telling her he is sorry because Anakin is the father or if he is saying sorry because he has to kill the father of her children.

I would have to say that it's definitely the latter. I think we all saw just how much Obi-Wan loved Anakin.

As for the crying, I teared up from the LucasFilm logo and cried throughout the movie. Especially rough for me: Mace's death, the younglings scene, the Jedi slaughter and Yoda literally prostrated with grief. The absolute worst for me, though, had to be the whole burning sand beach scene. I was bawling like a baby -- both Ewan and Hayden played that scene beautifully. Every little movement, every little flinch -- holy cow, that was powerful. The theater crowd was absolutely still and quiet during that scene. All you could hear (besides the movie itself) was the sound of sniffles and nose-blowing.

Geez, I'm weeping here at work just reading y'alls replies -- you can just imagine what a mess I was last night...um, this morning.

23. Darth-Metalordie

Darth-Metalordie Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    I used to make fun of the people who cried from the trailers.

I teared up when Vader screamed "NO!" near the end. It was demonic, and yet so defeated, so much self-awareness tha he made the wrong choice.

24. scfan3

scfan3 Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2005
    I almost got teary eyed when order 66 was given and all the Jedi started dieing. That was the only time though, I'm still in shock I didn't even get teary eyed in a way.

25. robfett

robfett Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2002
    Yeah, for a guy who cried during the trailers, and even the TV spot "End of the War," I just knew I was going to cry at some point in the movie. I just didn't know how MUCH.

MAN, from Anakin's pledge to Palpatine on, the tears just kept coming and coming. I thought Lucas could never do this to me, this isn't like him... BOOM, order 66: one of the saddest moments in the saga. BOOM, Yoda feeling through the force that fellow Jedi are being killed. BOOM, Anakin turns against both Padme and Obi-Wan on Mustafar. George, please don't, my eyes can't cry any more...

BOOM, Anakin's deformation. BOOM, Obi-Wan's heart-breaking lines. BOOM, Luke and Leia are born, and Padme dies. Oh God, I can't take any more of this... stop making me so emotional George...

And then, WHAMO!. The flanneled one has to hit it out of the ball park with the binary sunset scene. :_| :_| :_|

When the credits came up, I looked at the screen for about 4 seconds, but couldn't take it anymore and buried my face in my hands, wracked with sobs. I think I sat there sobbing like a baby for 2 minutes strait. Just couldn't hold it in.

Anyways, that's my shameless cry story. And this is only the 3rd movie I've cried at! (others being ROTK and Passion of the Christ)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.