main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anybody else Cry?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth-Notorious, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keltarath

Keltarath Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I didn't cry but, I came very close. I felt like throwing when I was leaving the theatre. It was very traggic. It makes the redemption in rotj all that much sweeter.

2. thename

thename Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2004
    i got sad when boga died...

but when order 66 happened i got teary especially when ki-adi mundi got killed it was sad and esoecially when aayla got murdered she diddnt need to get shot so many times.... im just glad they diddnt show shaak ti or bariss offee get offed either

but yeah once anakin and padme were talking i was crying then when he sees obi-wan man tears were streaming so sad

3. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
  4. Melkorendil

Melkorendil Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Because of my own personal viewpoint when I watch this, crying isn't how I respond. But yes, I agree that I have only once felt this much emotion in response to a film.

It's overpowering. And it hasn't lessened after 3 showings, which is unusual.

5. 1977PremiereGirl

1977PremiereGirl Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I cried almost out-loud when Anakin was burned, etc.
    Although that resolved some of my "issues" with the way he looked at the end of ROTJ. (He looked too old and nothing like Anakin)

Also cried with Padme. (Just signed up on this sight, I am hooked on other link after having a fight with my friend about Padme and her memories of mom... That link has been going on for almost three years!)

6. 1977PremiereGirl

1977PremiereGirl Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    oops, i meant LEia and memories of padme

7. fizzgig

fizzgig Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    my eyes started leaking at the scene with anakin and padme looking out the window. didnt stop till the end. didnt feel so embarrased when i came out of the theater and the other guys i went with had red eyes as well.

i think i was able to get into the movie better after REALLY listening to the soundtrack.

a girl behind me said "oh thats just too far" when vader lit up his saber in front of the younglings.

8. Wyld-Karrde

Wyld-Karrde Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    I was fine until someone got up and walked in front of me, then stepped on my nachos I forgot I set between my feet, after that it was all tears cuz I only had like 2 bucks left and that wont even get junior mints

9. AUStarwars

AUStarwars Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    When the "Twin Suns" music kicked in, the last 40 minutes came back to me, and I lost it..and im a 28 year old guy lol

10. DarthZ

DarthZ Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I had no clue I was going to feel the emotion I did in this film...It didn't start to hit me until the music from the past started and parts of ROTS started tying into A New Hope...wow. I was floored, I think because it just brought me back to the 70's when I first saw the movie and how it made me feel. Powerful.
    Lucas has totally re-gained my respect...

11. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    I wouldn't say i cried; but the last 20 minutes was very emotional and i rubbed my eyes to get the water out of them a lot. Lucas was right..it is a tearjerker.

12. DarthXander

DarthXander Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    i'm quite an emotional person and her were a number of bits where i got that lump in my throat especially wen Ob-Wan discovers that Anakin killed the younglings and wen Padme died that was sad too

13. trek_rules

trek_rules Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    3 scenes:
    Yoda being carried by the Wookies
    Anakin burning
    Padame saying goodbye

14. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    I felt a little sad and angry, but nothing to the point to where it made me cry

15. JediRia

JediRia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2001
    Moments that had me teary-eyed:
    20th Cent Logo
    Lucasfilm Logo
    Anakin burning
    When they slapped those mechanical legs on and he screamed
    Padme's funeral
    Handing the kids off
    The twin suns setting in the distance (thats when i really lost it)
    :_|

Can't wait to cry again, Friday and Saturday!

16. stief_kixer

stief_kixer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2003
    yes, i cried. order 66, the music, and the slaughter collage was just too much for me. i told myself i wouldn't cry, i tried not to cry, but i did anyway.

i can't recall ever crying during a movie before, but this did it. it was powerful stuff.

i also *almost* cried when mace got it, and at parts of 'the duel.'

17. General_Dodonna

General_Dodonna Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    It's difficult for me to assess how many of my tears were the consequence of this, the last Star Wars film, or of the film itself. However, the film conveyed an incredible amount of pathos, culminating in wonderful cathartic moments for the audience members. It's really no shame to cry, because tears are natural in a dramatic tragedy such as Revenge of the Sith.

This being the final Star Wars film though, I cried from the first notes of the opening score to the final notes of the end credits. It was a beautiful and tragic experience.

18. Kurtmajister

Kurtmajister Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2004
    I got a bit teary when Yoda and Obi were discussing what to do with the children. I had read the dialogue from the scene from tern's reports but something about seeing the real thing had me welling up.

19. sithscotti418

sithscotti418 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Its funny. I got somewhat teary eyed today just thinking about the movie last night. It really started to hit me. The scene where Padme wakes up from being choked and asks about Anikin, hit me suprising hard. I think everyone loved the crossing shots between Anakin and Padme, where Anakin makes his fateful choice.

If the funeral had been a tad longer, I would have been crying like a baby.

20. threepio23

threepio23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2000
    I had tears in my eyes when Mace was killed. I was on my own so would have felt a bit strange to be sitting there with tears rolling down my face on my lonesome! At the end film, I wasn't sure whether to go straight away as I knew the emotion would all come flooing or stay through the credits as I wanted to think about the film but I knew the lights in the cinema would come on and people might see me with tears coming down my eyes. In the end, I thought about what to do when the credits started coming down and managed to get out pretty quickyl amongst the crowd! The tears were coming down during my drive home though!

Why does Star Wars have this effect on us?

21. darth_anvilhead

darth_anvilhead Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    His speech to Anakin at the end would go down as one of if not the greatest scene in Star Wars history.

i did not cry when i watched what was going on but the next day all i could think of was what had happened. The death of all the jedis, anakin turning evil, etc. I already knew that all this was going to happen but it did not stop me from teh shock it left on me was more then i had expected.

His speech to Anakin at the end would go down as one of if not the greatest scene in Star Wars history.

correction: obi-wans speech along with the this movie will go down in MOVIE history

22. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
    When Padme confronts Anakin I was tearing.

Jedi slaughter and the little youngling running to Anakin for safety got to me as well.

Also Leia's theme when the Organa's are holding her and the ending.

And...

OK, I cry alot.

23. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    "You were my brother Anakin, I loved you." :_|

24. Darth_Brimstone

Darth_Brimstone Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2001
    i was feeling emotional right when Anakin lights up his sabre as the youngling asked him if he's there to help.

but when anakin bursts into flames and obi-wan just walks away, i started crying

when the babies are given away i was crying

and when it ended, i had to sit in the theater for another 5 minutes just to regain my composure

25. Ray_Stantz

Ray_Stantz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    I never cried, but I was one step away from doing it. I was able to hold them back for the most part, but I still felt sad, especially after the movie. It was depressing on an emotional sense.

I'd say the scenes that had the most impact were the Jedi Purge, the Death of the Younglings, Pretty much any moment where Anakin turns against those he loves (aka Padme and to some extent, Obi-Wan), and the death of Mace Windu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.