main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did ANYBODY get Dooku?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Jedi_Kit_Fisto, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Kit_Fisto

Jedi_Kit_Fisto Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    So far almost all the threads
    I have read, no one has gotten
    a Count Dooku fig.Is he the rarest AOTC toy?
    If not, who is the rarest?

2. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I didn't get one. And I hope it's not the rarest. It's the one I want the most :(

ST

3. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I got one when I was at Walmart when they opened at 6am. Even being one the few first people in the store, he was already rare. There was only like 10 of us there and he was a rarity. I got him though. He's gotta be the rarest one by far. In one Wal-mart I couldn't find any Yodas, in another, he was a peg-warmer.

4. CountDooku918

CountDooku918 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    I saw like 10-15 of them at my TRU. Hardly any AOTC toys were taken. All I got was a Dooku saber!

5. Sir_Jetweed

Sir_Jetweed Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2001
    Lucky you. I managed to snag one - but was at 11 different stores today and_found_only_one_Dooku.

Phew I'm tired.

6. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I went to four different places and couldn't find Dooku or any Royal Guards, two of the figures I wanted the most.

Oh well, Maul was hard to find in the beginning as well, and now I still find him at some stores. Lets hope it's just people gobbling up the villain on the first day and Dooku will start popping up more in the weeks to come.

7. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I got one but a few of the people with didn't

8. JediSkywalker

JediSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Know any websites that have him?

9. Jangis

Jangis Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    No Dooku or Yoda. Hopefully later this week I'll find one hanging on a peg. Not that I need to spend anymore money after midnight madness :)

10. tracer123

tracer123 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    Yes the Guards are hard but they appeal so much to the collector, they might have been in surplus this morning. I found one on the back of the "HIDDEN" rack in my TRU. Guess I'm lucky. Now Dooku is nowhere! I have a strong feeling that he will stay rare, I know hes a pretty main character, but I think his deluxe makes up for the norm fig. Jango will be the really hot bad guy. Now the figure I think is the rarest is the Luminara. I only saw her picture!

11. rogue 5

rogue 5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 1999
    I couldn't find Dooku or Yoda anywhere today. I'm thinking that there just weren't that many of them to start off with...
    For those of you who picked up the Yoda fig, what is the deal with his accessory? I've only seen pics of it, but what is it and what does it do?

12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I got both Dooku and Yoda :)
    I'm assuming you're talking about the accessory thing that Yoda is standing on. If you twist the base, it "appears" that Yoda is levitating. The thing that his "force action" is holding is a removable chunk off of that base.

13. Darth_Clossinius

Darth_Clossinius Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2002
    I found him....there was about 10 of them...I love him...but......

he has osteoperosis and doesnt stand...

14. rogue 5

rogue 5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 1999
    Thanks YodaJeff,
    I was wondering about that...
    And I'm guessing that Yoda levitates while fighting in the movie.

15. Jedi_Leroy

Jedi_Leroy Jedi Master star 1

Apr 3, 2001
    I got Dooku.

16. jlprime

jlprime Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Now I'm confused, is there a Dooku figure out now? Or is everyone just talking about the Darth Tyranus figure? I got one of those, but I didn't see any Dooku, Yoda or Imperial Guard figs.

17. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    In Waco I found Dooku, Darth Tyranus, Yoda and Imperial Guard figures.

18. ODUFrank

ODUFrank Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2000
    I gave up and bid $20 on Yoda with a Royal Guard on ebay. Now I need Dooku and that really skinny one. And a clone trooper. And a Zam Wessel. Damn, I got nothing rare today.

19. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    At the local TRU it seems to be quite the opposite. Dooku's were abundant, the rarest were nikto and dexster.

20. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    I got one, Snaged it at a Wal-mart at 7 when it opened, they dident have many of him though, they hade More of the Hanger Duel Anakins than him :)

21. Master_of_Darkness

Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I got it. Very cool figure, my Favorite. :D

22. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    I got one! Plus a royal guard. I think that the case they were packed in will be a tought one to find for a couple weeks till supply catches up with demand.

23. ahawk12

ahawk12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    My local Super Walmart (Bryan, TX) had quite a few of Dooku. Also had quite a few of the Royal Guards. The store has a lot of stock but I don't think that there is that many people buying them. So there is still some hanging on the pegs. I went there three times in the last 20 hrs today and they had all of the 27 figures every time. I guess I am lucky since there is not much demand here. I wish all of you who were missing figs could just appear over here and get what you needed. Good luck all. They will show up. - - keep the hope alive.

24. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Dooku is the rarest. At the Walmart I went to Midnight for, he was packed only ina certain case. It was two to a case and he was alternating with Jango. I hope that makes sense.

But at my TRU, they had lots because they put all of their stock out. What wouldn't fit on shelves was in bins.

25. ILVIKINGSFAN11

ILVIKINGSFAN11 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    Um..dude go to ebay, click on search type Count Dooku..people got him :)

Not me though :( Went to like 7 stores in the chicago area..so far no one in the chicago force room that i know of has gotten one..some dude that i was talking to at walmart said that he was left out of the batches that were shipped to our area and other figures were left out of other batches in other areas of the country..

what are you all having a hard time finding? Let me know..(in my best Darth Siduous voice.. " I WANT DOOKU!!" Maybe a trade is in works... email me VIkingmike84@aol.com.
    May the force be with U!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.