main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did ANYBODY get Dooku?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Jedi_Kit_Fisto, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    I found Dooku, yoda and Hangar Duel Anakin on my first trip of the morning, whihc means I will have an extra Anakin hangar duel and Dooku come Saturday because of an Ebay auction. however, I'm willing to part with each figure for $8 apiece, about the same that I paid for mine. If you live in the Chicago area, I could meet you and do a simple transaction, saving you s+h. This the regular Dooku, not the deluxe flipping action one, so it's probably the one most of you are searching for. email me @ uruseiranma@yahoo.com

2. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    damn scalpers on ebay. i wish they'd all die.

I got every figure out today except Dooku. I got the deluxe version, but IMHO it sucks. I'd rather have the normal figure.

Yoda was rare too. At the Toys R Us near me, there were 3. After I left, there was 1. Hehe.

3. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Wow maybe I should go pick up a couple of the Dooku's at my Wal-mart. We have like a million :eek:

4. Sir_Jetweed

Sir_Jetweed Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2001
  5. Howard_The_Duck

Howard_The_Duck Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2001
    No luck with the Dooku figure, but I got his saber!

6. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Still looking. I just found Yoda tonight though.

!snap

7. jedi_duck

jedi_duck Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    I went back to my Wal Mart tonight after going to three different ones last night. They were restocking the shelves and the ladies that were restocking would cut open the box and hand it to me so I could look through it then I would hand it back. I was looking for Dooku but did not see one. Eventually they went to lunch and took the rest of the pallet to the back and I went home.

However, after not seeing a single Royal Guard, or Luminara and just two Yoda and Anakin Duel the night before, I saw tons of them tonight. Just about every box had two of each it seemed like. But no Dooku!

It appears however that it just depends what your store brings out, and it only seems rare because the store hasn't gotten to it yet. Keep looking and I think we'll all find what we want.

8. Savle_Sostas

Savle_Sostas Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2001
    Has anyone in the UK managed to get Dooku? The best I've managed to find is a store doing a pre-sell on it for when they get them in May some time.

9. TSOLfan

TSOLfan Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2002
    I came across tons of deluxe Dooku's, but no normal figure. Neither could I find a Yoda or Anakin Hangar Duel. I couldn't see any Zam Wesell's either. Tons of Jango and Boba, though.

I'm heading back out today on my lunch break again and checking again. Our Toys R Us had a big sign up saying they only had figures 1-15.

10. Master_of_Darkness

Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'm going back this morning to get some books ( I missed out yesterday :( ) and i'm going to see maybe if they still have some.

11. JesusFreak

JesusFreak Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    I got Zam at midnight, but they didnt have RG, Taun We, Dexter, Luminara, HD Anakin, Yoda, or Dooku. I went to TRU the next day and found a 2 Yodas and about 10 Anakins, bought 1 of each

12. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    out of elevn denver stores I saw three DOOKU's and took one.

13. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I grabbed the last 2 Dooku's at the local Wal-Mart over lunch today. There could have been more, but I searched 90% of the figures on display and didn't have access to the back room.

I also grabbed 2 Yoda's and 2 Royal Guard's and there seemed to be a couple more of each of those.

14. forceguy

forceguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    The regular Count Dooku figure is definitely out, albeit in small supply. I went to five different Wal-Marts coming up empty each time until I took a trip by KB Toys where they had two. Even though KB's figures are outrageously priced at $7.99 each, I didn't hesitate to pick up Dooku. However, after you open him up, you might be disappointed. He can't stand properly, his articulation is very weird, he has a crappy "slashing lightsaber attack" by squeezing his legs together, & worst of all, he has a huge noticeable gap around his entire waist. It looks like the torso doesn't fit right & might break off. Anyway, it is a great looking figure & much better than the deluxe Dooku figure (IMO), but feature-wise, don't expect much.

15. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    AMEN, DinoX!! ***K scalpers!

16. Master_of_Darkness

Feb 15, 2002
    I went back today, and sure enough, Dooku, Yoda, HD Anakin, all of those three weren't there. I have a dooku saber though! :D

17. Gen. Madine's Hairpiece

Gen. Madine's Hairpiece Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 1, 2000
    got 2 Dookus, 2 yoadas, 2 guards, 1 hangar anakin, 1 tuan we 1, 1 luminara.

18. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    My dad found Dooku, Royal Guard, Yoda, Luminari, Taun We, and the Nikto at Walmart. He went at 5 p.m. too. I guess I got lucky that he was able to find all the figures except 7 that late in the day.

19. Master_of_Darkness

Feb 15, 2002
    NR, you're one of the lucky ones. It seems that the big hunt started today, not the 23rd. And I heard that TRU is going to restock.

20. Count_Saruman

Count_Saruman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    My understanding is that the second Shipment of figs will be hitting TRU on Friday. (at least for the TRU trucks coming from west coast hubs)

I did find a Dooku, stashed in the bottom of a pile of Saga figures. The card is bent but I open mine anyway.

I think that the Royal Guard is the hardest to find. I have only seen him once. My walmart got 2 of them on the 23rd, got one, but I have yet to find another one. Luminara is rare too.

21. Master_of_Darkness

Feb 15, 2002
    I've seen the Royal Guard a bunch. The least i've seen is Dooku. Unduli is rare over here though, well, except at most Wal-Marts it seems.

22. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Wal-Mart is the only store to get all 6 different waves of figs by 4/23. All the others only got two or three of them.

I could have walked out of my wal-mart on 4/23 midnight with all 27 different figures. I got the ones I wanted based on wants and likes. Not on rarity.

And BTW, Dooku and Anakin HD are disappointing.

What I wouldn't give for a sculpt of those two with the basic articulation from the E1 Jedi Duel figures...

23. darthsidious32

darthsidious32 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I didn't find him when I looked. But I only looked in one store. I'll always be on the look-out for him, but I'll probably end up buying him off of Ebay. Yea, it gets expensive, but I don't care!

Does anyone know about a Sidious figure yet? Are they waiting to release him until after the movie so as not to spoil average non-spoiler SW fans? Sidious is my favorite character and I want him more than any other figure. Dooku is right under him though. :)

24. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    And by paying those outrageous prices on ebay, you encourage the very practice that causes you to have to go to ebay in the first place.

Never pay more than $10 for a current release figure that's $6 retail.

Patience will get your figures.

25. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I work at a Walgreens Drugstore and we got a single case of regular action figures and a single case of deluxe action figures.
    Here is the breakdown from what I remember.
    2 Count Dooku
    2 Zam Wessel
    2 Yoda
    2 Hanger Duel Anakin
    3 Clone Troopers (Red Trim)
    1 Outlander Anakin

I bought 1 Dooku for myself and both Hanger Duel Anakins and Both Yodas for my girlfriend and I.
    The other Dooku has been on the peg ever since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.