main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anyone else find the Corellian Trioligy Boring????

Discussion in 'Literature' started by magneto, Dec 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I started reading the corellian trilogy the other day so I could find out more about the Centerpoint station.I must say it is the most boring trilogy EVER.I can barly read a chapter without getting sleepy.What did everyone else think of it?

2. VeGeX

VeGeX Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2001
    I liked it

Way better than CoJ, PoT and BFC... they were boring

3. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I have to admit that Children of the Jedi and Planet of Twiliet where moore boring

4. JediASolo

JediASolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    That was the first SW trilogy I ever read, so I thought it was okay. I thought it was written well and mostly everyone was in character. I didn't like the way they wrote the Solo children, though. Anakin was supposed to be 7 and he acted like a 4 year old, IMO. But it was much better than BFC, and most of the other books.

5. MAD6121

MAD6121 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    I found the first book to be great, but the other two weren't that good.

6. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    it was pretty dull in places and over all it was ok

7. bobabooie

bobabooie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    I find most SW EU to be boring (with the exception of Zahns books, some of the NJO, New Rebellion, And Arrons X-Wing books). They are all pretty much the same - some new force using villian pops up, trying to take over teh Republic, kiddnaps Leia's kids, Mara makes a cameo etc.... and NJO - everyone starts somewhere, Leia goes out on relief mission, Luke sits on Coursant/in the Maw and thinks, the kids get into trouble, they find a new Vong weapon, then they stalemate or lose in the end.

8. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I loved the Corellian Trilogy.

9. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I think the series gave excellent detail to Corellia, something that is absent from anywhere else...for that, it is valuable.
    As for the actual story...at times it was drawn out...I give the trilogy a "C"

10. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    It's okay. but it's somethin' I wouldn't read many times unlike other novels

11. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I thought it was pretty good, although it owns the rare distinction of actually losing steam after the first book rather than gaining momentum. I thought it had alot of promise, and than it just fell flat on its face.

12. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    While it is no where near my favorite trilogy, I liked it and certainly found it better than many other EU arcs (BFC, COJ-DS-POT). :D

I really loved the fact that Lando, in his own roguish way, went out searching for a rich wife because he wanted $ and ended up really falling for a woman for who she was and eventually marrying her. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

~*~Bria

13. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    I actually enjoyed it. Why? Because it was SUCH a marked improvement over the Callista Trilogy (POT was unreadable!), The Crystal Star (damn thing read like a Star Trek novel) and the Black Fleet Crisis (SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    BORING!!!!!!!). It and New Rebellion before managed to get things going again. Personally, anything after I Jedi and before New Rebellion (save for SOA) is rough going.

14. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought COJ & POT were boring. They came from the same writer and she describes too much for my taste. Anyway, after reading COJ, CT wasn't that bad to me.

15. HALCYONERA

HALCYONERA Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2001
    Most of it was dull but there's an interesting conservation between Luke and Mon Montha about how the Jedi should present themselves to the Republic. She states that it was incredibly dangerous for the Jedi to present themself as an aloof elitist priesthood distant from the very people they are trying to protect. Which what we saw in the Phantom Menace a few years later is it not?

16. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    i enjoyed the corellian trilogy.

17. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    The Corellian Trilogy was O.K. I was laughing hysterically when I read how Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin flew the Falcon and captured their cousin. Personally, I think Thrackan got off too easily. He deserved to be sent to Kessel.

As for those of you who thought Children of the Jedi was boring. I don't know about boring, but I did feel it was like a soap opera.

18. Pat Darksider

Pat Darksider Jedi Master star 4

Jun 11, 2000
    It was very boring.
    A bad "brother" of Han Solo! Wow!
    What an idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.