main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anyone else notice this during the duel?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by homeless_jedi, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phalanxx

Phalanxx Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2003
    It was the same for Padme when she fell of the ship. She just laid there until the Clone Trooper came over and then she jumped up and ran off like the fall didn't phase her.

2. FalconInToronto

FalconInToronto Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2003
    It's obvious that at least Obi-Wan is conscious because he stares at the pillar when Yoda is pushing it away from them. I think they just wanted to stay out of the fight with Yoda and Dooku to see what Yoda would do, not to mention they just got beat by Dooku ;) Hey if I saw Yoda pulling out a saber on someone, I would watch the master too.

3. Lord_Furley

Lord_Furley Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2003
    You guys must not watch a lot of wresting...

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    There is the possibility that Anakin having his arm cut off...along with Dooku's Force Push onto Obi-Wan effectivly knocked the boy out?

Obi-Wan was able to throw his lightsaber to Anakin, and was awake as the crane fell on them. So suffering a lightsaber wound is not enough to knock both of them out.

It was just a plot device to have the one-on-one showdown between Dooku and Anakin. GL had to come up with a way to have Anakin and Obi-Wan not involved in the duel between Dooku and Yoda.

5. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    Ok...

Obi Wan gets his arm and leg sabred, is incapacitated, and only survives because of Anakin's intervention. I don't think it's terribly unrealistic that he stays on the floor rather than hobbling around the room watching the fight go on- especially as it's made clear that he can't do anything and is relying on Anakin when he tosses him his saber.

Anakin then gets his arm cut off, and is in pretty much the same situation- incapacitated, no use whatsoever in a fight.

Basically, I don't see why either of them would to stand up...

6. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    There's a pretty decent run of luck in that scene:

Anakin and Obi-Wan arrive just in time to stop (delay) Dooku.

Anakin awakens just in time to keep Obi-Wan from getting chopped in half (the one time in the movie that Dooku's slow with a saber strike, for some reason).

Cut to Padme: Padme gets up just in time to talk to the clonetrooper that finds her.

Back to the hangar: after Dooku for some reason chooses not to kill Anakin, Yoda - and Yoda alone, walking with a cane - shows up just in time to keep Dooku from leaving again (although if he'd just made a run for it right after he finished with Anakin, he might've been able to make it out).

Just in time to catch Yoda and Dooku finishing up, the troops arrive.

Dooku escapes just in time.

And finallly: just in time to meet the crowd, Obi-Wan and Anakin wake up and become semi-mobilized.

7. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    If it's any consolation, they don't just 'hop right up'.
    Obi-Wan struggles to get up, and Anakin can't even manage to on his own and needs Obi-Wan, and later Padme, to lean on.
    Watch them when Padme and the clones run in. Both are having a hard time.

8. Lord_of_the_Bling

Lord_of_the_Bling Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2003
    1. Anakin HAD to be unconscious. If he had witnessed that fight from beginning to end, his entire perception of the light side of the Force would have changed, and could have changed the outcome of the saga. I can hesitantly buy the whole shock thing and the crash of the pillar waking him up.

2. Obi Wan laying there until AFTER the fight was just plain silly. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.