main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anyone else really like Dooku/Anakin duel

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by vonwolf, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vonwolf

vonwolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2003
    I really liked the duel between Anakin and Dooku. It wasn't real flashy but it is what you don't see and fill in with imagination that gives quality. All the time each trying to get in open spot to strike. It seemed like they were concentrating very hard. Dooku looked very exhausted after it was over.

2. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    I loved it. One of the best moments in the film. It was also very significant in the development of Vader's character.

3. vonwolf

Sep 26, 2003
    Significant in what way?

4. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I am assuming that Sil is refering to the fact that when he looses his arm, he begins to become "more machine than man."

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

5. vonwolf

Sep 26, 2003
    True. Someone slicing off my arm would leave me with a lot more than a scar. Vengence would begin again. Anakin already wiped out the Tuskens. Now, he has someone else to seek revenge against. Losing part of his physical self symbolizes his losing of his Anakin self. Begins road to Vaderland.

6. 12_parsecs

12_parsecs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 20, 2002

I liked the scene because it mirrors what went down in episode 5 between luke and vader. Luke gets his hand cut off, but lives to face vader in episode 6. Hopefully, Anakin will now face Dooku in episode 3, but unlike luke, will show no mercy to his opponent.

Also, I liked the red and blue lighting on the faces of each character, going back and forth. The darkness in the hangar during that duel gave it an OT feel.

7. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    Thank you Mace Windy.

I wasn't in the mood to type out a long winded explanation.

8. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    I really liked the duel, too. Infact, I really liked the entire movie...

9. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    It's the most elegant duel in the film. The way they fight, and whirl and counter, is ballatic. I really enjoy it, each of the three Jedi vs Dooku duels offer something different.

10. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    I really liked the way that Anakin seems to be mirroring Dooku's moves. It's like a dance that Dooku leads... or something...

11. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I love the duel visually, but I wish it had more set up and drama. More personal conflict.

But visually I like it.

12. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    I think the Dooky/Anakin fight was awesome, well done. If he had the double lightsaber for a bit longer I would of liked it better. But Dooku is so good he didnt even last 5 seconds with the 2 sabers.

13. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    I really enjoyed it, in fact it surprises me that so many people seemed to slag it. Actually, when Anakin and Obi-Wan first showed up in the hangar and faced of against Dooku I was afraid it was just going to be Duel of the Fates II. I was glad Lucas took a completely different route all around.

I wasn't even disappointed by the length the first time I saw it. I guess while everybody else was griping about how bad it was edited, I was thinking: "Wow, Dooku's really good." Anakin decides he's going to take him and *wham*- 30 seconds later he's lost an arm. Never stood a chance.

That finishing stroke really does look absurd though, especially on repeated viewings. ;)

14. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    I think they did do more of the 2 saber Anakin fight, but it got left on the editing room floor for time issues.

15. Chancellor_Palpster

Chancellor_Palpster Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    amazing that I actually dont like this part.

16. obianikdart

obianikdart Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Nah it was not exciting at all , it was moving to slowly and with the camera only pinting at their faces .
    How stupid was that .

17. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    It's called style.

18. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    The brief fight between Anakin and Dooku, IMO, was much, much cooler than the Kenobi and Maul fight. While watching Kenobi and Maul have it out was amazing, the things that Lucas factored into this fight, like the sparks, the close-ups, and how majestically Anakin and Dooku moved during the fight was just too sweet. It seemed more professional, and it was.

19. DARTHVADER_ANAKIN

DARTHVADER_ANAKIN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2003
    That is the best duel in AotC. I think it was a little short. And I wish they had the camera farther back to show Anakin and Count Dooku swinging their lightsabers.( I am pretty sure now that they were not swinging at each other during that up close part.)
    I think the Yoda and Dooku duel was not very climatic. It looked like it would turn out big but Dooku just runs off. Maybe that would be justified if they dueled again in Episode III. But they won't, so......

20. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Yeah I wish it were just a bit longer. But I think it was the best duel in the movie. The Yoda/Dooku fight seemed just a little odd.

21. QUEEN_LEIA

QUEEN_LEIA Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I thought the duel was excellent with Anakin clearly using his anger to get the upperhand.

The only part that I hated was when Anakin stop dueling and stretched his arm out and STOOD THERE so Dooku can chop it off.

I guess Anakin decided he didn't like his arm any more.

22. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    I wish they hadn't cut Anakin fighting with his green saber, as it creates a continuity error with Obi-Wan's position lying on the ground.

23. Mr_Mwindu

Mr_Mwindu Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    the duel was very intense, but i wish it went for longer

24. sidious_onset

sidious_onset Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2003
    I loved the music that played as Anakin and Dooku twirled their lightsabers around in the dark.

25. hoth-nudist

hoth-nudist Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Nah, the duel sucked. Luca$ wrote Old dooku making obiwan and anakin his little bitches. the fight was short and pathetic, was poorly edited,like the rest of the movie. Stevie wonder could have seen old dooku's arm cutting swing coming from a mile away. The whiny one just holds out his arm as if to say: "Please chop it, I dont need it anymore" Whoopety-doo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.