main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anyone hear about the Droid Control Ship raid by Plo Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Joe_Garelli, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe_Garelli

Joe_Garelli Jedi Master star 1

Dec 22, 2007
    Apparently in AOTC there was a large scene that was filmed and then cut, basically Plo Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi lead a couple of other jedi knights on a raid on a Droid Control Ship Core that is on Geonosis and hit a button that shuts all of the Battle Droids down and then after a few seconds the battle droids restart again and they realize that the battle droids now have battery packs and added power units and that this tactic will no longer work anymore.

The two of them then lead the way to the Geonosian Battle areana and are captured just as Mace Windu and the final circle of jedi knights are surrounded, this explains why both are late and are not seen during the areana battle, seeing this scene as a deleted scene would have been very cool, has anyone else heard about it?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    At one point, Hyperspace members were able to see the animatics of this scene. I don't know if they're still up.

3. Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan

Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Actually that sounds like it would be a pretty neat scene. I would like to see it.

4. Amrita_Glittersong

Amrita_Glittersong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2007
    This was available to Hyperspace members, and still is, last I checked. Last I checked, it was also on youtube. :p

It's not all that interesting, really. Sounds much cooler than it is, IMO.

5. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

DARTH-SMELLY-FEET Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2007
    Wow i just checked it out there on youtube. It rocks, I would love to have seen that in the movie. Any idea why GL cut it out?

Thats what grinds my gears about the PT. They shot really cool stuff like that and then someone makes the call to take it out.

For the love of pete people why???????

6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    It was cut because it would have made the movie faaaaaaaar too long.
    Lucas should ave known better than to worry about time-constaints, I'm sure the majority of would have gladly sat though longer versions of each PT film. I know I would have.

7. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    SSS, I think that the movies, in terms of length, works nicely for the cineman. But we could certainly do with extended versions of all the PT movies.

8. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

Nov 7, 2007
    Maybe if he blended it in the way you see it on youtube it wouldn't affect the lenght of the film, but as you say he could have made them longer anyway, I certainly wouldn't mind.

It really just p*sses me off when i see stuff like that. All the different camera views that looked cooler and made you feel like you were there. A much faster pace combined with a sense of serious danger had me rooting for the jedi. I've watched it 10 times already today and I'm in work.

I've asked this question before and iii ask it again WHY O WHY DID GL HAVE TO WRITE AND DIRECT THE PT They could have been so much better and what i just saw proves it for me.

9. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Well he wrote and directed that scene.

10. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

Nov 7, 2007
    And then what did he do? He leaves it out. Good God what else has he kept from us? Something tells me a directors cut of the PT will be on sale at some stage.

11. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    There is soo much that lays on the cutting room floor, I doubt it could be cut back together cohesively. Humpty-dumpty, Star Wars ain't. I would have enjoyed seeing more Jedi in real action like Plo Koon, and Mundi. I was disappointed when I learned of its deletion.

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Can anyone post a URL to the youtube version of the scene?:)

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
  14. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

Nov 7, 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knAtC8lxQJg

Hope this works. Check out what Mace does to Jango before his cuts off his head.

15. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    Why was it cut? It sounds like it could have helped the film. Oh well maybe AOTC special edition?

16. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

Nov 7, 2007
    SSS said it was cut to save time. GL saw fit to take it out so we could see stuff like the fireplace scene and Anakin riding around on a cow's ass.I-) :_|[face_sick]

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    That is a fan edit.
    But you can get gist of it.

I can't remember if Mace only disarmed Fett or if he chopped off both hands, then cleaved his head. I think it was thew latter. Either way, those moves were edited-out because Mace would have beheaded an unarmed combatant.

EDIT:

Hey Smelly, did you know that Anakinis getting retconned to have a Padawan of his own?
    In the new Clone Wars show, he gets a Padawan named Ahsoka Tano...

18. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

Nov 7, 2007

Hi SSS, No I never heard about that, I really should check out SW.com more often. I wonder how it will work out?

Do you know when the show is due to air?

Cheers for the info.

19. SoonerSean

SoonerSean Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2007
    Why can't we have 3 1/2 hour "director cuts"? Might be slow at times, but I'd buy em.

20. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

Nov 7, 2007
    Me too. Maybe we could see what Anakin and Padme did on there wedding night.

"For God sake Anakin, use the other hand."

21. SoonerSean

SoonerSean Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2007
    Probably more talking about how they can't hide their love b/c "it will destroy us" or how sand is so irritating or how love has blinded them. Or more likely... lots of Padme complaining about how cold Annie's right hand is.

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Couldn't get enough of their 'Coruscant-nights', aye? Haven't had yer fill of their luv-bird-reparte? Have you got a fever? [face_laugh]

23. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

Nov 7, 2007

There my favorite's man. You got me, its my guilty SW pleasure. I use all Anakins lines when i go out on the pull to impress the ladies.

[face_laugh]

24. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    [face_laugh]

25. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I always thought they Manatee's with feet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.