main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anyone notce that there were only around 30 alien Jedi out of 200 in the Jedi arena??

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by MasterP, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
  2. YodasClass

YodasClass Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2003
    That is interesting. The alien Jedi that you have as your icon reminded me of the lil baby alien in the back of the cab in Men in Black when Will Smith helped deliver the aliens baby! lol. Think thats where they got him from..MIB?

3. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
  4. Wlassakbro

Wlassakbro Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2003
    I forgot all about that part!

5. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I noticed that two. There's like a few hundred humans and very few aliens.

It's discrimination I tell you!

6. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    While it doesn't really need explanation, it might be because Jedi of alien species may be on diplomatic missions to their home planets, spread throughout the galaxy. It would make sense to send a diplomat of a certain species to resolve any conflicts on their related planet. I dunno, just speculation.
    The lack of alien Jedi didn't bother me at all, Kit Fisto was there, that's all that matters to me! ;)

7. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    And Plo! :D

8. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Bah! How could I forget Master Koon? Or Aayla?...yum...

9. Farrokh1

Farrokh1 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2002
    Personally, the less aliens the better! This is Star Wars NOT Star Trek.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You must really hate the Cantina, Senate, Coruscant street and Jabba's Palace sequences then! [face_batting]

It's possible there were a lot more alien Jedi that we just couldn;t identify as being so since they were either wearing cloaks or were motionless corpses on the ground [face_batting]

Besides, Mace took what Jedi he had left at the temple that could be spared for the mission- apparently a good amount of those Jedi that were on hand at that moment were human.

Also, humans seem to be one of the most widespread species in the GFFA, so it's logical that more Jedi would be human than other races.

11. masterPloKoon-6981

masterPloKoon-6981 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    hey, humans may be the dominant species now but in the future times set in Star Wars, humans may still be the dominant species, but others may have risen also.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, technically, SW could be in past times as well (though it's likely in the future, but told as being in the past by person even farther in the future...).

And I know humans aren't the only dominent species, as Twi'leks and Rodians seem fairly widespread as well, just saying there are more human-centric wolrds and cultures in the GFFA than any other species it seems.

13. KosmicKnine

KosmicKnine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Production logical answer: It's cheaper and easier to take a plain human actor and put them in a costume as a human character than it is to take that same actor and put a bunch of alien-making prosthetics on them and then put them in a costume as an alien character. Sure, additional alien Jedi could have been produced with CGI, but people complain that there's enough CGI in the movie already.

14. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    I think KosmicKnine got it right, it was just easier to have a bunch of humans instead of using a lot of CG and constumes/make-up.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That would be the real-life answer, yes. I was merely answering it from an in-universe perspective.

16. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    I am just sugeesting that their should have been more aliens in the arena. There were too little.

17. JKBurtola

JKBurtola Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    Well 30 out of 200 (not including Yoda) isn't too bad if you ask me.

18. sickly_icle_vwicky

sickly_icle_vwicky Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2003
    But the human/alien ratio seems weird to me in the arena the humans outnumbered aliens but in the temple aliens seemed more abundant I mean theirs only a few human on the council.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Just proves that the aliens were smarter to stay behind [face_batting]

20. Bobo_Maul

Bobo_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2001
    Psst, they're all aliens.

21. Kit_Kato

Kit_Kato Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2003
    I was gonna say what Kosmic said, but I guess I arrived here a day late. O_O Anyway, it would be nice to have more alien jedi, because they are far more interesting and noticeable than the human jedi. Notice how all the alien jedi were named, also. Yea, there weren't many, but since aliens are more unique than humans they'd be more worth it to name. But I wonder how hard it would have been to stick a mask on some extras like they did for Kit Fisto...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.