main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anyone notice Obi-Wan?

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by MortWindu, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MortWindu

MortWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    if you watch closely in Ep 1 after Obi-Wan gets kicked off the ledge by Darth Maul and it cuts back to Qui-Gon and Darth Maul, when it goes to a wide-shot during the fight you can see Obi-Wan hanging on the platform that he barely catches.

2. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    sorry about the thread with no message with the same topic name as this one, i was going to just do one, but i accidently hit post after i typed the topic title.

3. DarthDion

DarthDion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes MortWindu i did se obi-wan hanging there. i think you really like that saber duel lol !!!

4. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    of course i really like the saber duel from Ep.1, even you agree with me on this and just about everyone else, it cant ever be topped.

5. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    I hope that George Lucas will be able to top that duel with whatever he comes up with for Episode III. You have to figure that at some point in the film Count Dooku and Anakin will square off with each other. Maybe Obi-Wan will be a part of that, who knows? He could get in some revenge licks on Dooku for slicing him up in AOTC. Then of course the much talked about Obi-Wan/Anakin duel which in my opinon should be the be lightsaber duel out of the whole saga, but you never know with old George.

6. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    The Obi-Wan/Anakin duel HAS to be the best one ever. It's the duel everyone has been waiting for since Episode 4! It sets the tone for the entire second trilogy, and marks the death of Anakin and the creation of Darth Vader. George will pull somthing off. Count on it. How can you beat this?

7. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    how can the Obi-Wan/Anakin be the best duel ever if it hasnt even been seen yet? like you said its the one everyone is "waiting" for...

8. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    It better be the best duel of all the movies. If the Anakin/Obi-wan duel is not totally spectactular, I'm gonna hunt GL down and tell him so.

9. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    It's the duel that defines star wars. It doesn't get any more epic than this. Lucas is saving something big. Maul was awesome in lightsaber combat, and that's cool, but Anakin's duel with be about the balance of the force. The implications are much more important than two jedi beating up a sith. regardless of how good maul was. That's why it has to be the best.

10. ismaren

ismaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    I was always kinda unimpressed with Luke's duels. The one in ESB was the best. I'm guessing GL has a few tricks up his sleeve still for the Obi/Ani fight though.

11. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I *always* notice Obi-Wan. wink, wink...

12. Jeru-Cha_Hesunn

Jeru-Cha_Hesunn Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2002
    The beginning of the Luke/Vader duel in ESB was just raw. Vader punked Luke around, using ONE HAND to counter attacks... THAT is hard-core!! Luke could mostly sommersault and evade. But it was a GREAT duel. The one in ROTJ was good, but it was interrupted too much by the Empire and Rebel starfighter scenes.

13. Jeru-Cha_Hesunn

Jeru-Cha_Hesunn Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2002
    I'll have to look for Obi-Wan HANGING around, though. ;) ;) I remember my mom's reaction when I showed her the little E.T.'s in the Galactic Senate.

14. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    I just saw that shot when I watched Ep. 1 again, and I have to say it's pretty cool.

Yes, the Vader/Luke duel in ESB is my total fave. Especially cause it leads up to the whole "Luke...I am your father" revelation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.