main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anyone notice this?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by cdillon, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdillon

cdillon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    I re-watched AOTC today and I notice that Palpatine has been working on Anikan for a long time now. Here is proof.

When Anikan goes to Palpatine to talk to him about sending Padme back to Naboo Palpatine says that it is He is glad to see that the council has given Anikan his first mission and that it was his patience that got him this far. But Anikan say not it was your, meaning Palpatine, guidence. I find it interesting.

2. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    Yes I did and I can't wait to see those two together in Episode III. It was like in TPM when he said "we will watch your career with great interest".

3. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Anakin's little comments to Padme in the meadow, about dictatorships and so on, sound awfully like they could've come from Palpatine as well.

4. General_Crix_Madine

General_Crix_Madine Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2001
    Same thing happens in TPM

Palpatine to Anakin: And you young Skywalker, we will watch your career with GREAT interest.

That is just the begging of the manipulation over Anakin

ooops, sory havent seen it was said...

5. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    sorry, but ive had this conversation with many ppl before, in the little meeting b/w palps and anakin in episode 2, he doesnt say YOUR guidance, he says THEIR guidance, refering to the jedi, thats why in the next statement palps says you dont need guidance..... palps is just trying to begin manipulating anakin, this was probably one in a long line of meetings like that one

6. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    "Anakin's little comments to Padme in the meadow, about dictatorships and so on, sound awfully like they could've come from Palpatine as well. "

Palps is defintely shaping this guy's mind.

7. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Palpatine appears to know Anakin more on a personal level than even Obi-Wan. To even mention that a padawan isn't getting any assignments indicates that he's been letting Palpatine know about his frustrations with Obi-Wan, just as he told Padme before they left Coruscant. Palpatine is using that to his advantage by whispering to Skywalker, and letting him hear the things he wants to hear. Especially the part about Anakin being even more powerful than Yoda.

8. I_AM_A_CLONER

I_AM_A_CLONER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2003
    in response to Jedi_Lord_Windu....if you turn on the captions on your tv and watch it Anakin definitely says "Your guidance" in reference to palpatine being a kind of mentor anakin looks up to (besides obi-wan) ....a friendship between them that has developed over the 10 year span between TPM and AOTC that we obviously haven't seen but is implied during the office scene....if you watch the movie with commentary on lucas and others mention this throughout the film...especially the ankin/palpatine scene in his office and the waterfall scene.....basically they say that during the picnic by the waterfall as anakin talks to padme about his political ideas you can see obvious influences from palpatine slip through in his lines/thoughts....

9. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    thanx, cloner, im gunna have to check that out

10. cdillon

Sep 25, 2003
    Isn't there a deleted scene at the waterfall where Anakin actually mentions Palpatine to Padme? I thought it was on the bonus disk.

11. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
  12. I_AM_A_CLONER

I_AM_A_CLONER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2003
    no problem Windu......i just remember when the DVD came out and everyone here was debating what he said at that part (whether it was "your" or "their") i had to know for myself....all it really is clicking one button to find out on your tv remote.....but yeah man...anytime....

13. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Did anyone notice this?

No.

tf

14. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Also Palpatine tells Anakin that he will be the most powerful Jedi, and then Later during the confession Anakin says he will become the most powerful jedi.

I just wish they cut the part where Mace tells Anakin to go to Palpatines office. It would be much better if he went there all on his own.

Cut the first part about "I will talk to her.. etc"

Just start the scene with "and so they've finally..."

It makes it more like Anakin got the assignment, and his first impulse was to go tell Palpatine, who of course would encourage him. It makes the relationship seem a lot stronger, a lot darker, and a lot more secretive.

15. cdillon

Sep 25, 2003
    That would have been cool to leave out those scenes. I am really looking forward to see how Palpatine manipulats Anikan in the third movie

16. Delorean_Kenobi

Delorean_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 14, 2003
    When Anakin and Obi-Wan are talking in Padme's apartment Anakin seems pretty quick to stand up for Palpatine. Anakin is just happy that someone else recognises his talents when it seems everyone else doesn't.

Anakin: The Chancellor doesn't appear to be corrupt...

Obi-Wan: Palpatine's a politician, I've observed that he is very clever at following the passions and prejudices of the Senators.

Anakin: I think he's a good man...

17. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    It struck me that for all his arrogance, Anakin is extremely naive. He's gone through a lot in life, but when it comes to things like politics and games in politics, he's extremely sheltered.

18. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, I was disturbed by that! More than "Watching" his career with great interest. There's a lot of Sithdom in how Anakin treats his master, beyond normal teenage rebellion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.