main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anyone other than Padme know about Anakin's killing of the Sandpeople in EP II?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Blur, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

There is no real evidence that anyone other than Padme knows about the killing of the Sandpeople in EP II. But, I just wanted to get others' opinions: You do see Yoda saying that young Skywalker is in "much pain" when Anakin is destroying the Sandpeople, but does Yoda know what happens? He may suspect, but I'm not sure if it goes beyond suspicion.....
    You also hear what's presumably Qui-Gon's ghost "cry out" when Anakin is doing this, but whether his ghost can communicate with the other Jedi at this point is not clear either....

2. Mastermorgan

Mastermorgan Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005

In ROTS Palpatine tells Anakin after he kills Dooku that he'll keep his secret just like he did when he killed the sandpeople. Apparently Anakin confided in Palpatine about his secrets. Palpatine knew.

3. Jedi_Knight_Athos

Jedi_Knight_Athos Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    I don't know why Anakin would tell Palpatine about his killing of the Sandpeople. The less people who know the better.

Perhaps as Supreme Chancellor, Palpatine was notified of the massacred tribe of sandpeople who were victims of a lightsaber. Anakin's from Tatooine, his mother is still on Tatooine, Palpatine was told that Anakin and Padme travelled to Tatooine, it all adds up.

4. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Or maybe Anakin tells Palpatine because he's the only one besides Padme he can trust with that info.

5. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    - Remember what you told me, about your mother and the sand people.

Seems to me like he told him ;)

Palpatine knows
    /LM

6. Deadline247

Deadline247 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    Anakin told Palpatine (as proven by ROTS).

Anakin looked on Palpatine as a sort of father figure (ironic...since he might possible BE his father in a certain sense). He was his mentor and friend...and I'm sure Anakin shared a lot of private stuff with him.

7. Jedi_Knight_Athos

Jedi_Knight_Athos Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    -Remember what you told me, about your mother and the sand people?

I stand that Anakin ONLY told Palpatine that his mother was captured and killed by the Sandpeople. Palpatine however, knew differently and sensing Anakin's anger in the duel against Dooku confirmed his suspicions.

Palpatine's quote has an "I know what really happened, but your secret is safe with me" feeling about them.

8. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    The full quote is:

"THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME. Remember what you told me about your mother and the sandpeople?"

Anakin told him everything. I don't see why he wouldn't. Palpatine is a father figure to him.

9. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Your underestimating just how much of a fatherly mentor figure Palpatine is to Anakin. He provides an outlet for Anakin's stress and anxiety where his emotional access Obi Wan and Padme are restricted by protocol or environment. He can't go to Padme about these feelings because she blinds herself to it, and she's a source of conflict for him in general. He can't go to Obi Wan about it, as Obi Wan would turn to the Jedi, not only because his duty is to them first, but because he would think it would be the best thing for Anakin's sake to make him face what he did. So Padme and Obi Wan, as individuals who are integral to his self image and judgement, are ruled out. Thus, Anakin seeks someone who is (seemingly) non-judgemental and who can keep a secret, yet whom he feels close enough to divulge such a heinous crime to...which leaves us with Palpatine.

10. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    its been confirmed that was Qui Gon, and he able at that point to speak, and during the Clone Wars (Dark Rendezvous) he appeared and spoke to Yoda.

11. DarkSider99

DarkSider99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2005
    yoda sensed the pain that anakin was in and he probably knew that he was killing the sand people. quigon knew because the voice we heard said anakin no.

12. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    You guys, Darksider has a good point.

You just can't argue with that kind of logic.

You just can't.

D out.

13. Jedi-LaserTricks

Jedi-LaserTricks Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2005
    Supreme Chancellor Palpatine did know of Ani's antic with the Tusk Raiders. It's in Labyrinth Of Evil somewhere; atleast I think it is.

14. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    I heard Palpatine went to Dexter Jettsters diner after and told him. And then Dexter posted it on a message board, but he posted it in the classic trilogy section so it got locked.

15. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I don't think Yoda knew. I doubt he would have sat ideally by had he known. He only knew something bad happened to Anakin.

16. Tyler_Boydston

Tyler_Boydston Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    Wait a second, why the hell would Anakin tell the CHANCELLOR that he killed the sandpeople?

17. Miss_Aayla_Secura

Miss_Aayla_Secura Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Because to Anakin, Palpy wasn't just the Chancellor, he was a trusted friend and father figure (Ani being effectively fatherless, arguments about Plagieus creating him notwithstanding) ... and also not a member of the Jedi council, who would condemn him for his actions.

I'd say Padme and Palpy were the only ones to know, else Ani would have been up the proverbial creek without a lightsaber ;)

18. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Wait a second, why the hell would Anakin tell the CHANCELLOR that he killed the sandpeople?

Did you not watch the movies? Palpatine was Anakin's close personal friend and confidant.

19. angel_of_the_force

angel_of_the_force Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    palpatine did,
    alas the proof!!!

(after killing dukoo)"...he cut off your arm and you wanted revenge. it is only natural remember what you told me about your mother and the sand people?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.