main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anyone see Jango´s head flying off the helmet?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by alottoni, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/legacy.jpg]

2. BIG_BEN

BIG_BEN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Since when does logic come into play in these movies? Anyway, no one saw the head flying OFF Jango's helmet, because that would require it to be sitting on top of the helmet, which is just silly. Some claim they have seen the shadow of the head flying OUT of the helmet though.

3. entfirst

entfirst Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    "Why would Boba be holding Jango's Helmet if his head is not there?"

Because it is symbolism. What does Boba do when he is older? He is a bounty hunter, just like his father. Would YOU pick up your fathers severed head? I don't think so and if you say yes then I don't think you have thought very much about the situation.

You can actually see the head come out of the helmet. Its much clearer on digital, but if you look at the right of the scene when Jango is decapatated you can see the head starting to come out of the helmet, and the shadow is that of the head, not the helmet.

4. viper_stew

viper_stew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 14, 2001
    Let's say your father is a police man and gets shot.....At that moment would YOU "simbolically" pick up his badge or hat instead of seeing your father.....

Sure, maybe the "father" is decapitated or beat-up unrecognizbly, but I know I would still attend or see his body and not be thinking of "becoming a cop" at that moment.

Later, perhaps, yes, if I wanted revenge or something, but not at that moment.

"Since when does logic come into play in these movies"

not in the movies but in any "death of a father circumstance", anybody in their right mind would go to see the ACTUAL body (even if it's inside a uniform or helmet) of their father.

.....Unless Boba was more in Love with the Uniform than his own father.....

5. alottoni

alottoni Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2002
    Good point.

6. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    After reading this thread and seeing the movie again this weekend, I am now in the opinion that Jango's head does some travelling.

Now while I'm against this from the mere physics of it -- I mean Jango got trampelled by the reek and his helmet stayed on -- but the two shadows of approximately equal size and shape are obvious and I'm sure the audience is supposed to believe the head goes flying otherwise why would Lucas put the shadow there in the first place?

7. entfirst

entfirst Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    The head is not in the helmet, END OF THREAD. :p

8. obhavekenobi78

obhavekenobi78 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    The head goes flying. Even my little brother saw it. The helmet goes up and you can see the shadow of his head moving very quickly traveling from his position and then back and to the left (not joking). It is very fast and you never actually see the head (GL needs to maintain his rating). If it were a rocket, there would be an explosion, I would think.

In any case, could you imagine Boba having to dig his dad's head out of the helmet in order to keep it? I didn't think so.

9. Blonde_Ewok

Blonde_Ewok Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    personally, i think his head does fly out of the helmet. i saw the movie again yesterday (4th time) and here's what i saw:

1. i seem to remember seeing, very briefly, jango's head begining to slide out directly after the beheading.

2. i also saw a distinctly head-shaped shadow.

3. i DID NOT see a stump at the bottom of the helmet when boba picked it up.

snaps to GL for not showing the head...eww that would have been icky.

and some of you think the shadow was his jetpack...i beg to differ...if you remember, during the fight on the kamino, after a blow from obi-wan, jango's jetpack comes off, crashes into a pole, and flies off. so, this disputed shadow couldnt be the jetpack.

unless he got a new one...

10. Old_Brown_Shoe

Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Maybe Jango knew the mystic disappearing-body-at-death secret! That's why Mace had such a funny look on his face after he killed him, and where Yoda and Obi-Wan got the idea!
    (I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself. I'll leave now :) )

11. ratherkissawookie

ratherkissawookie Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Would the new Boba Fett books happen to shed any light on the subject of him picking up the helmet and what he did with it off-screen?

Oh, and the head flew. SWEET!

12. SithGuy

SithGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2002
    Couldn't see it, laughing to much.

13. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Ask the Jedi Council, starwars.com

Q: Why didn't Jango Fett's head fall out of the helmet when young Boba picked it up?

A: If you look closer, you'll see that the head falls out of the helmet before the helmet even hits the ground. An examination of the shadows shows two separate objects fly from Jango's corpse.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/img/lostmyhead.jpg]

;)

14. One-with-the-Force

One-with-the-Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    That should settle it. Great find Grilled-Sarlacc.

15. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Thanks for the picture GS :)

Shinjo! :)

16. OBI-GYN_Kenobi

OBI-GYN_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    I think Darth Frankenstein took the head & is keeping it with Zam's arm, which he found in the barroom floor after Obi-Wan & Anakin left it on the floor.

Throw in Anakin's arm later & he's well on his way.......

17. Antbert

Antbert Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2001
    I saw AOTC for the fourth time a week ago and I was sure I saw the head come out of the helmet.

I just went on the offcial site and happened to see this page...

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020820.html

I think this answers the question once and for all.

[face_devil]
    /|\//|\
    / \_/ \ :eek:

[Damn]Of course, someone else got there first.[/Damn]

18. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    I still don't buy that the second shadow was Jango's head because the helmet was already about to hit the ground and I find it impossible that the head would fly out of the helmet just seconds before it touched the ground.

I think the second shadow was the missle that was attached to Jango's jetpack.

19. lordmack

lordmack Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2002
    That does it for me.

20. MANGO-FETT

MANGO-FETT Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2002
    Wouldn't the head be burned into the helmet by the heat of the saber?

I really don't think even Boba Fett is sick enough to try and scrape the head out!

21. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Look, there were two shadows, one came out of the helmet, the other WAS the helmet.

The OS says that that other shadow was the head.

End of discussion.

22. MANGO-FETT

MANGO-FETT Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2002
    Yeah, you're right!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.