main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did anyone see the midnight premier at Painters Crossing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Philadelphia, PA' started by marshallm, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marshallm

marshallm Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2001
    Just curious if anyone here made it to our show. I know at least one fella who showed up in costume with two little girls, who I presume were his daughters, who were also in costume (as very cute padawans!), said hello to me and said that he saw my post here.

Did anyone else make the show?

2. marshallm

marshallm Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2001
    Bummer if no one did.

You guys missed a cool show. :)

3. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Most of us were in Neshaminy for the midnight show. We had an awesome time as well!

4. marshallm

marshallm Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2001
    Did the theater do anything "special" for the midnight show there?

5. neeldawg66

Mar 21, 2002
    Yeah, they let us in our seats by 8 PM, had $1 hotdogs, popcorn and soda, had a costume contest with prizes, had multiple lightsaber fights in front of the screen- so yeah, plus there was 15 other screens sold out there for midnight showings.

6. marshallm

marshallm Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2001
    they let us in our seats by 8 PM

We let people in as soon as the crowd started showing up, which was around 9:00 ish.

had $1 hotdogs, popcorn and soda

Every AMC did that, and that was pretty cool. We did too.

had a costume contest with prizes

Hey! Now that's cool! What kind of prizes did they give out? Did anyone here win anything?

had multiple lightsaber fights in front of the screen

The theater did that? Or the customers did that? Our customers were fighting with lightsabers all over the place. I had the lights down low and the screen blank before the show so we could see the guys with the glowing force fx style sabers fight in a pretty dark room. Looked awesome. Especially with the red and blue light hitting the screen.

so yeah, plus there was 15 other screens sold out there for midnight showings.

Yeah, they are a busy theater, that's for sure. We're not nearly as busy as they are, although we did sell out a couple of houses which is rare for us, especially at midnight as most of our customer base is in bed by then! But the smaller crowds can be nice too. Much better behaved, our guests are. No fights did we have. ;)

7. neeldawg66

Mar 21, 2002
    Yeah, the lightsaber fights were the customers, a couple people had the Master Replicas FX Sabers, which are pretty cool.

Oh yeah, there was a fight in the upper rows, but we really couldn't see what was happening and it was broken up before and fists were thrown, but they did have a cop come in to check the situation.

I can't remember what the prize was.

8. marshallm

marshallm Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2001
    Here's a pic of me in the costume that I wore on opening night...

[image=http://watto.brandycare.com/mark/mark-jedi.jpg]

The lightsaber is a "style eight" from the lightsabers in the yellow box site in case anyone is wondering. My mom made most of the costume except for the undertunic which I made, and the belt which was made by the fella at saberbelts.com. No boots unfortunately. I tried, but couldn't find any reasonably priced in time.

:(

9. marshallm

marshallm Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.