Did Bail know about Vader?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Vongchild, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    Okay, as the title suggests, I started this thread as an in-depth discussion on whether or not Bail Organa knew the TRUTH about Leia's parantage and never told her or if he was geniunely (or even partially) clueless.

what's the oppinion on this one?
  2. DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm, that's a very difficult one - I guess we won't really know until RotS. I'm guessing not many people know that Anakin is Vader, apart from the people directly involved. My guess would be that Bail does know about Leia's true parentage, but it's just a guess - I really don't know.
  3. Lord_DarthSatanus Jedi Master

star 1
    I think Bail knew that Anakin & Padme were Leia's parents.
    But I don't think he knew that Vader was Anakin
  4. b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, in ANH, Owen says he doesn't like the idea that Luke has too much of his father in him. That implies that he knows something about who Luke's father was. My guess is the deliverers of the babies had to give some information to satisfy their respective foster-parents.
  5. Obi_Frans Jedi Master

star 4
    I doubt he'd have Leia running around as a Alderanian Princess if he knew Vader was Anakin/her father

I have no doubt he knew she was Anakin/Padmes though
  6. DarthLazious Jedi Youngling

star 4
  7. Ididitall4thewookie Jedi Knight

star 3
    To me it was always a given that he did. OB1 tells Luke in ROTJ that he and Leia were separated and hidden from Vader for their protection. I think in order for this to be effective, Bail HAD to know what was going on, and so would Owen, but maybe to a lesser degree.

Why would Bail have to hide and cover Leia Skywalker if he just believed that Anakin was dead? If didnt know that Anakin was Vader, why would he have cared?
  8. DarkForcewielder Jedi Knight

maybe neither of the foster parents knew that anakin was vader but maybe Ob1 told them that the twins were just force-sensitive that would give them a reason to hide luke & leia
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.