main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Bail know Darth Vader's identity?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by _Sublime_Skywalker_, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    It really seemed that way, seeing as Obi Wan just kinda handed it to him and Beru got this huge smile on her face, running up to Owen who just kinda pats Luke and they watch the sunset together. I think Owen knew Anakin had become evil, but Obi Wan probably told him he was taken care of. I mean, do you really think they'd take care of the kid of his stepbrother, who he met once and they didn't really seem to click, while this kid could also destroy them if he was ever found.

2. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Well, concerning the Larses, Obi-Wan could have told them that " Anakin died during the clone wars, and wanted you to raise his son" or something along those lines.

3. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    "Owen, he has too much of his father in him."
    "That's what I'm afraid of."

It could be interpreted as Owen just thinking Luke's father got killed because he was busy being too adventurous...but, when taken in context of the entire saga, it is far more believable that Owen is afraid of Luke becoming like his father, because he has a much better understanding of who Luke's father is than he will ever admit to Luke. Again, like with Bail, it simply doesn't seem as logical to assume that they blindly accepted care for Luke without being informed of the potential consequences.

4. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    Stole the answer right from my lips. Well done commander.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.