main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT did boba fett die in the sarlac pit?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth Maul is awesome, Feb 6, 2016.

1. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Well, it takes 1000 years for the Sarlac to digest you, so I guess his chances of survival are actually rather good.

2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    AS far as Canon is concerned Yes for now anyways.

As far as I'm concerned Yes permanently.

As far as many fans and the EU (Legendsverse) is concerned, he is immortal, nobody and nothing can kill him

So really it is up to who you ask.

3. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    He died. George had to use a big chunk of credits to revive him for EU :p

4. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    He didn't die, only from a certain point of Lucas view when Boba Fett ceased to exist and became Boba Sarlacc or something like that. :p

I was told that Lucas last comment at a public event concerning the issue was that "all still aboard Jabba's sailing barge" were killed in its explosion. Since Fett wasn't on it when it blew, he was not killed...

5. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I guess we know the fate of Bossk then. He was in the sail barge, as you can see him if you look close enough. Guess that means we won't see him post-Jedi.

6. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    What skiff was being flown by Dengar?

8. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

I wrote "perhaps" didn't I?

Dengar was at Jabba's Palace as we can see several times in ROJ, but he is nowhere to be seen aboard Jabba's sailing barge.

We only have one picture of Bossk next to Boba Fett inside the Palace, but we see him (or his arms) for brief seconds aboard Jabba's sailing barge.

When Leia smashes the sailing barge controls, it could appear as if Bossk is leaving the barge. But how? Right below is the Sarlacc pit. He could have only escaped if someone would have picked him up.

The other skiff was constantly patrolling the area until all hell broke loose on the skiff with the convicted. The patrol skiff then immediately focused on Luke and company, somebody could have used this distraction to pick up Bossk from the sailing barge.

It's a theory, nothing more and nothing less. Either you accept that Bossk was probably just knocked out by a shutter window and died in the explosion of the barge or you can make a case that he probably survived. I chose the latter. ;)

9. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Maybe is one of Boba Fet children :) .

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    C-3PO even says it in the movie.
    It's not like you automatically die when you fall in is it?
    The jetpack is damaged but who knows what else Fett has in his armor?

Lt. Hija likes this.
  11. Scott109

Scott109 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 22, 2016
    He is experiencing new pain and suffering as the Sarlac slowly digests him over the course of a thousand years, as per C-3PO.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Not automatically killed, so he can still escape.

13. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Boba Fett escaped the Sarlacc Pit, it was confirmed by George Lucas.

14. JediMAQ

JediMAQ Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2001
    Yup. he's as dead as the horse being beaten here. He always has been. This conversation has been going on for decades and eventually you arrive at the same answer.

15. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015
    Do you have a source for that claim? I am a pretty big Boba Fett nerd and i'm pretty sure he never said that.

16. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    On Dasher, on Prancer, on Jabba & Blitzen!

Hahahaha I just called Jody Foster an........

17. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    Slicer87 and thejeditraitor like this.
  18. Darth Formidious

Dec 19, 2015
    http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/1...orge-lucas-says-boba-fett-survived-the-sarla/

Many articles have stated George Lucas to have said Boba Fett survived, many of them being reputable Star Wars websites. Disney have also made Fett's survival official as well: http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/...t-survived-the-sarlacc-in-return-of-the-jedi/

Furthermore, it was ALSO confirmed by Star Wars Celebration that Boba Fett survived: http://www.followingthenerd.com/mov...urvived-the-sarlaac-pit/#sthash.hRJwdTR1.dpbs

So basically, he's alive. :D

Lt. Hija likes this.
  19. Brando_Calrissian

Brando_Calrissian Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2015
    Boba Fett is a creative bounty hunter. Surely he has the survival skills to kill and eat whatever is in the pitt with him.

20. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013

There are also many articles where he said Boba does die in ROTJ, and that he could not understand why he was so popular. There was one interview where he said had he known how popular Boba was going to be, he never would have killed him off.

21. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    The interviewer should have told Mr. Lucas that neither the screenplay or the onscreen footage was ever proof beyond doubt...;)

22. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    In my book, Boba does survive the Sarlacc. A cool bad guy like him shouldn't go out like that. Clumsy Han :p

23. Darth Formidious

Dec 19, 2015
    And that's why he has now rectified his decision with Fett being alive. George Lucas is known to 'contradict' himself. ;)

24. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    I don't see it as rectified, ROTJ was fine as it was and didn't need a fan fiction rewrite. Boba was a punk and went out as a punk, plus the SE version with the CGI beak makes escape all the more improbable, not to mention the sarlac burbs after digesting Boba. We could also say Jabba didn't die, he just passed out, General Grievous didn't die, he just had bad gas, Dooku didn't die, his head is on a cyborg body, the emperor didn't die, he landed on a platform and got away. Bringing back Maul and Boba after clearly meeting their demises on film reminds of how the classic Universal monsters films devolved. The monsters were always killed at the end of a film, only to be brought back in increasingly outlandish and ridiculous ways in each proceeding sequel of diminishing quality. Like how the Gill Man got a lung transplant in the third film or how werewolves are suddenly completely immortal despite the first film showing that they can and do die from silver weapons, etc.

25. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    Slicer87

IMHO you are really exaggerating. The examples you are listed are obvious and clear onscreen deaths. In the case of Boba Fett fact remains that we only saw him fall into creature with his gadgets mostly intact. And the film established that the Sarlacc doesn't instantly kill his victims.

If somebody prefers to believe that Boba Fett died, that's fine. If somebody prefers to believe he made it out of there, that's fine, too.

Either way, we don't have all the information to determine his fate without considerable doubt.