main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Boba Fett die?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Sithman, May 20, 2001.

?

Did Boba Fett die?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Yes

51.7%
  2. No

48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asssasa

asssasa Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2008
    hard to believe Boba is dead it is. There something that just says that Boba couldn't have died even though I like the Lucas movies better that the EU

2. legobobafett

legobobafett Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2008
    No he's did not die. Bobafett lived please read below.

Return of the Jedi
    In Return of the Jedi, Boba Fett is at Jabba's palace when a fellow Bounty Hunter known as Boussh brings in Chewbacca for the reward posted on him. The hunter is actually Princess Leia Organa in disguise, and she frees Solo from his carbonite prison later that night while Jabba's court is asleep. Then two side curtains open to reveal Jabba and his court, including Fett. Early the next morning, Luke Skywalker arrives to bargain for Solo's life. Fett remains on guard and watches silently as Luke battles a rancor. When Luke kills the monster, an outraged Jabba sentences Luke, Han and Chewbacca to be cast into the Pit of Carkoon, where a Sarlacc lives. They are transported to the pit on one of two skiffs, traveling alongside Jabba's personal Sail Barge. Luke stages his own rescue with Lando's help, and Fett attempts to stop them along with several of Jabba's hapless guards. Fett flies across with his jet pack to battle Luke, but his main blaster is immediately sliced in two by Luke's lightsaber, though he has some success when he entraps Luke using his clingwire. Gunfire from the barge tips it, knocking Lando off the skiff. Luke jumps from one skiff to the other. Han picks up a discarded vibro-axe to try to fish Lando from the side of the pit. As Boba Fett takes aim at Luke with his wrist blaster, Chewbacca tells Solo that Fett is right behind him. This is the first time Fett's name is mentioned, with Han Solo mentioning it ("Boba Fett? Boba Fett! Where!?"). As he turns to look he accidentally strikes Fett with the vibro-axe and activates the jet pack, which causes Fett to crash into the side of Jabba's sail barge before falling into the mouth of the Sarlacc beast. In the Expanded Universe, it is revealed that he did not perish in the Sarlacc as he was able to fight his way through the Sarlacc's stomach and escape. In the process, he kept his jetpack (which was built to operate in such a closed space) and most of his armor and weaponry.

Link to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boba_Fett

There is also a book called "STARWARS WARS Tales of The Bounty Hunter"
    Explains what happens to all the hunters and fates and BobaFett is one of them.

In the book Tales of The Bounty Hunter BobaFett uses fights his way through the sarlacc's stomache and uses his jet pack to blast out of the sarlacc's mouth. After ward returns to hunting down Han solo. However dies of old age.

There are other books that follow after the movie Starwars Return of the Jedi called Blood lines (he gets married in this with Sintas Vel and has one child.) Link http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sintas_Vel

Your all Welcome

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, that settles it.:rolleyes:

4. Sev-Fett

Sev-Fett Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    Theirs Also A Book Called "Shardes Of Alderan" That xplains That Boba Fett Is Still Aive And The History Of Han Solo And The Fett Family, Just To Throw That In Their.

5. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I see this venerable discussion has finally reached an agreeable conclusion :)

... or not, whatever :p

And TLJ: do you have the link to that old "EU=canon/cannon go boom" gif?

6. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    ... what? I have no memory of such a thing.

cannon does go boom, though

7. legobobafett

Nov 25, 2008
    Just to throw in one more thing there is a video game called starwars jedi academy 2 witch is based after vaders death somewhere after starwars return of the jedi were you play as a character called Jaden you play through the game as Jaden (appearance of jaden is up to you though you create Jaden) there is one of the levels you go to were you fight bobafett ( I think I've got enough info to satisfy you all and convince you he's not dead I just had to dig this up)

Oh and if he didn't get out of the sarlacc he would've been digested for a 1,000 years slow death. However he got out no need to worry.

8. legobobafett

Nov 25, 2008

9. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    lego, everyone is well aware of what generally happened in the EU. In fact, it's the only reason this was asked in the first place.
    Some people choose to disregard EU, so no amount of well-documented EU info will convince them otherwise.

Take a look around - it comes up every 2 pages. Except early on when everyone was busier fighting with each other than actually discussing anything. :p

10. legobobafett

Nov 25, 2008
    So he's dead or is he not?

Then why in the world are there other stories of him alive in it?
    the EU makes more sense then the people's argument that he's dead.
    If you follow the movie he dies?
    I put a question mark there because the movie can only be a certain
    length and they don't
    explain things well in a movie if they did that movie would be long and drawn out.
    I guess thats why the scene of bobafett escaping wouldn't fit in the movie.
    Ever think of that? or would that be EU thinking.

Here is a link (becareful might be EU link though O_O)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Expanded_Universe

11. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Boba Fett is clearly alive. It's just that there are some people who refuse to believe it. Personally, I can't understand why someone would refuse to accept reality, but that's the kind of world we live in.

12. legobobafett

Nov 25, 2008
    Thats just it. And one more thing for those who say he's dead
    never state there reasons for beliveing so. I have stated reasons
    for him being alive to back my side of the argument up however people who still
    continue to say he's dead shove that EU stuff in our faces. If thats
    all you have to say for your end of the argument stating he's
    dead then read this (or hear this)

EU is Expanded Universe

However its still part of STARWARS its still linked to the story/stories now why in the hell
    would the story continue in books, cartoons, comics, games, or other stuff hmm?

HELLO ITS CALLED Continuing the story thats why its called Expanding Universe its
    adding on to what the movie couldn't fit its not hard to except the facts, vs just stating
    "Its EU" and then saying he's dead he's dead the movie never continued the part where he's
    alive THATS THE MOVIE this is EU, EU is finishing what the movie couldn't fit in.

Now if your gonna come back here and tell me my stuff is B* because its EU I want
    your reasons why you continue to say he's dead maybe even some well documented facts that he's dead to support your argument would help.
    If you can't the EU party has won leaving that last conclusion he's alive.

TLJ Edit: Can't use that acronym

13. Ryorin

Ryorin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2008
    I'm personally a big fan of EU, but whether or not people want to hold to it is their choice. Someone could easily point out certain contradictions in the EU(ex: Han and Leia get married twice and Dagobah is both a secret and a well known location, depending what books you read) and argue that the EU isn't exactly definitive. Yes, in most of the EU it's perfectly obvious that Fett escapes, so that can't possibly be what we're discussing because it's not up for debate. The main question here seems to be whether on not there are any indications in the movies of his survival. Maybe we could phrase the question that way instead.

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    About the Dagobah thing, what does the TESB novelization say about it?

15. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Yeah but Lego your not getting it. Some people only consider the 6 movies (and to an extent the new CW show) official Lucas story.

Which is actually fact, as Lucas came out recently and said that there are the movies which he considers Canon, C-canon which is comics, novels and other such things. And also T-canon which is all the tv shows.

Now no one is disputing that in the EU he is alive, because we can all read lol BUT some people only consider stuff Lucas has done himself to be OFFICIAL star wars story, and everything else is 'what if..' style situations.

So depending on whether you consider the EU official story or not, thats how you decide if Bobo is alive or not.

16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I agree. I personally believe Boba Fett survived. I dont get it. Do the same people who disregard the EU also disregard the new Star Wars Clone Wars show as not canon? After all thats EU to i believe. If the EU did not exist the Star Wars universe would be quite bland, since most information about the Star Wars Universe is from the EU.

17. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I prefer to take the view that what LucasFilm considers official is correct.

Hence, Fett=alive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.