main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Boba Fett die?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ChissMan, Aug 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Actually the YJK series where Fett last appeared was YJK # 11: The Emperor's Plage, which takes place 24 years after Yavin. So, actually, it's only been 2 years since our heroes last saw Fett. He's still around, and is actually only 4 years older then Han.

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    jastermereel - ;)

3. troxy

troxy Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2001
    Fett should just "pass the torch" to some woung kid and retire so we could have the character without having to put up with all this arguing

We could have this young bada** new fett chasing the jedi around for the yuuzhan vong

4. jade-sabre

jade-sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2000
    The Prequels are going to contradict almost everything written about the EU Boba Fett. Most authors who have written about Fett have concluded that Fett may have forged records about his origin or other BH have disguised themselves as Fett to account for all the discontinuity. It is only going to get worse in trying to make all the stories fit in continuity once Episode II is released. So, in conclusion, you can get away with saying whatever you want about Fett's whereabouts or death as you want because his history and adventures have been so convoluted with so many stories that authors say some are true and some are stories/legends.

P.S. I have to laugh at DL saying he will get Fett being the Mayor at Sernpidal published in the Tales comic. That means the story would be published under Infinities. Ha Ha Ha...How ironic and funny! [face_laugh] ;)

5. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    There is no "passing of the torch" with Fett...it isn't the place he holds or the work he does...it is HIM...and he can't be passed on to the next generation...

And DL is currently giving me the only reason to have infinities i though i'd ever agree with...

6. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    If what I've read about Attack of the Clones is true, basically nothing about Fett is going to get contradicted. I have a feeling as always, continuity will be saved. Fett simply had a very full life.

7. jastermereel

Aug 19, 1998
    That is quite possible considering that, i think, the earliest (his age earliest i mean) writings involving him are at a relatively young age...unless EP3 really tries hard...the first part of Last One Standing might remain uncontradicted...

8. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    I think that it all can still be fit in logically... as long as we don't see him after Vector Prime story, Im happy.

9. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Well, DL - I guess you missed your prime chance to petition Keyes.

It wouldn't have taken much. I could just imagine some sort of passage at the climax of Rebirth:

Kyp's X-Wing darted around the attacking skips and managed to nearly miss a shoulder plate of Mandalorian armor floating in space. It came so close to the pilot's cockpit canopy that Kyp could see a symbol on the debris - it was the shape of a demonic skeletal head.

10. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I can just imagine a dying man, lying there as Luke, Kyp and the others hunch over him. He whispers, "Sernpidal. Sernpidal..."

11. Traders_Luck

Traders_Luck Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    all rumours about fetts origins will probibly prove false come episode 2

ps: he is 5 years older than han

12. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Trader...Wait until you see it. I don't think so. And remember...Concord Dawn was never the beginning of Fett's adventures.

13. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I don't think fett's ever been to Concord Dawn... he just made that up to throw people off his true nature.

14. Traders_Luck

Traders_Luck Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    thats kinda wut im saying, your just supporting my comment

15. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Let me pose this question again for the 300th time. :) Why would Fett lie to himself about Concord Dawn? Or is "The Last One Standing" just him leaving a recorded message ( a fake memoir that will throw off rumors of his upbringing ) or is he telling it to someone?

16. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Sturm...
    "Why would Fett lie to himself about Concord Dawn?"

"Concord Dawn" may be Boba Fett's pet name for the happy place he created in his mind when he was undergoing massive pain and trauma as he was being slowly digested by the Sarlaac. That is, Concord Dawn may not be a real place at all - a figment of Boba Fett's mind used to keep himself strong and focused while he was slowly dying. To him, it's real, it changed and saved his life. That could be why he can speak about it like it actually happened.

Similar to Viet Nam POW's playing rounds of golf in their mind, or children creating imaginary friends and places as an outlet for trauma.

There is a very powerful movie (produced by Amnesty International) with Madeleine Stowe and Alan Rickman called "Closetland" which explores this whole idea of "Concord Dawn."

17. jastermereel

Aug 19, 1998
    Perhaps it was in his mind and there alone...but...theres no need for that to be true...so far from what is known of the prequels...he won't have these stories cancled just due to age...i mean in LOS he was in his late teens/early twenties at the begining...this could EASILY be after EP3...

18. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    <<
    "Concord Dawn" may be Boba Fett's pet name for the happy place he created in his mind when he was undergoing massive pain and trauma as he was being slowly digested by the Sarlaac. That is, Concord Dawn may not be a real place at all - a figment of Boba Fett's mind used to keep himself strong and focused while he was slowly dying. To him, it's real, it changed and saved his life. That could be why he can speak about it like it actually happened.
    >>

Dude, Bobes is ____ed up. Maybe he saw the Holiday Special one time too many. I think this is good solid evidence for his BHWs behavior. After all, Essential Guide to Aliens explained that Zuckuss is half-insane with two personalities...

19. jastermereel

Aug 19, 1998
    As far as i'm concerned...BHW doesn't exist...i live in a world that is perfectly normal except that BHW doesn't exist...sort of like some of your Concord Dawn rationalizations......

20. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    LOL! There, there Jaster. I hope you have something to pass the time in your "denial". :p

21. jastermereel

Aug 19, 1998
    i do indeed, thank you...i've temporarily abandoned NJO (only temporarily) in favor of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series...its good writing...and very, very, very long especialy considering the NJO's pamphlets......and Goodkind doesn't repeat words like jeter did............BTW...it isn't denial...its just that i won't call character assassination part of the EU canon...or even give credit to these tales of its existence...

22. Ooryl Qyrgg

Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2000
    Is LAst Man Standing that story where Fett and Solo have that face off?
    Cos I got the impression that it was crap.

23. jastermereel

Aug 19, 1998
    i for one thought Last One Standing was one of, if not the best Boba Short Story......and while frustrating...the open ending was, IMO, good...

24. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "BTW...it isn't denial...its just that i won't call character assassination part of the EU canon...or even give credit to these tales of its existence..."

Well, he did give an explaination within the 3rd book on why he talks so much sometimes.

If anyone read the first appearance of fett ever in Marvel Daily(russ manning).

You'll see he talks about as much as he did, in BHW. Even to the point to spout out meglomaniacal phrases, such as, "I'll get you Han Solo, if it's the last thing I do." or "get me down from here, soloooooooooooooo"

I think the point is you really can't assasinate the character of someone who was just a secondary character, who doesn't even get very much screen time in the OT. He didn't last long enough to get a character, and when he got a few scenes in ROTJ, he was treated as a buffoon, who could be bumped off by a blind guy. Fett's first appearance by "russ manning"(came out before ESB) would be the original characterization.

25. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Valiento...
    "If anyone read the first appearance of fett ever in Marvel Daily(russ manning)."

Whispering: Psssst... Valiento. Fett's first appearance was in the Star Wars Holiday Special cartoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.