main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Boba Fett die?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ChissMan, Aug 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    "If anyone read the first appearance of fett ever in Marvel Daily(russ manning)."

Genghis, re-read that statement. I think he know's that Fett first appearance was SWHS. He clearly states his first appearance in Marvel. :D

2. LeeJackson

LeeJackson Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2001
    BOBA FETT IS DEAD. DEAL WITH IT.

He died in the saralc pit, even Lucas has been quoted as saying I killed him in ROTJ I don't know why all the fans wanted to bring him back. Lucas killed him and in the Star Wars Universe for better or worse Lucas is GOD.

I hate all you EU fan boys? sure I have read some EU but its ridiculous, and as far as Jesster Merrel (sp?) goes the new trilogy is completely voiding all that with a new origin for Boba Fett. Once again the EU falls before the movies.

For some funny thoughts on Boba Fett and the EU check out these articles I found.
    Be warned EU and Boba Fett lovers will be mad, and who ever wrote them used some naughty words.

http://www.dianoga.com/rants/judgement.html
    http://www.dianoga.com/rants/boba.html

Rest in Peace Boba, you will not be missed

3. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    According to Lucas Licensing Editor Sue Rostoni, "Canon refers to an authoritative list of books that the Lucas Licensing editors consider an authentic part of the official Star Wars history. Our goal is to present a continuous and unified history of the Star Wars galaxy, insofar as that history does not conflict with, or undermine the meaning of Mr. Lucas's Star Wars saga of films and screenplays." Things that Lucas Licensing does not consider official parts of the continuous Star Wars history show an Infinities logo or are contained in Star Wars Tales. Everything else is considered canon.

In case you didn't notice, the EU doesn't really exist anymore. The Jaster Mereel stories may or may not fit. I haven't seen Episode 2 yet, have you?

Needless to say, it isnt justification to come in here flaming us.

He died in the saralc pit, even Lucas has been quoted as saying I killed him in ROTJ I don't know why all the fans wanted to bring him back. Lucas killed him and in the Star Wars Universe for better or worse Lucas is GOD.

Yep, Lucas may have killed him at the time he did RoTJ, but, he is still alive. That much is confirmed by my first quote. EU is canon. Do you really think that Boba Fett would be in Episode 2 if it wasn't for us "fan boys"? Or for that matter, added to SW: A New Hope Special Edition?

Lee, grow up. Its a story and we are all fans - not canibalistic enemies... at least last time I checked.

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Whispering: Psssst... Valiento. Fett's first appearance was in the Star Wars Holiday Special cartoon."

Oh, yes true. well, he talked more than he does in most EU even in that toon, acting rather friendly.

But my arguement was first EU(as in extended from the movies themselves) appearance, in Marvel Daily(note EU was not an idea at that time though, but it's a good description now.)

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Fett is not dead and certainly is NOT the Serpindal mayor.

1) The Mayor is old. Fett isnt that old to appear old!

2) Fett has scars and I mean lots of them, so many that he could be mistaken for a Vong.

3) He doesn't like Han or anyone associated with him.

4) The mayor didnt recognize Han or Chewie. Someone who hunts those two for more then a decade should know what they look like and should be able to recognize them anywhere.

6. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Lancejade...
    Valiento said, "But my arguement was first EU(as in extended from the movies themselves) appearance, in Marvel Daily..."

As opposed to first EU appearance in Marvel Daily (no comma) - which is what your point was.

I figured Val meant the first appearance of Boba Fett in the expanded universe.

7. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "The Prophets of the Dark Side were still there too"

yes, ghengis first appearance in Marvel Daily is what I, was basically trying to say.

Since his appearance in a movie, which LFL has stated is canon, according to K-mac, would not be same as EU. Just like the Ewok movies are not the same as EU, but "Part of the hallowed star wars canon." Now that lfl has changed there policy that has changed a bit hasn't it, :D.

8. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    How do you know Fett didn't recognize them or vise-versa and just pretended not to. There was something a lot more important than old rivalries going on at the time.

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Because the author would have hinted if he did recognize them dispite that something else important was going on.

10. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    what if RAS didn't even know?

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Why would an author not know something about a character he is writing? If DEL RAY wanted to off Fett too they would have gave him permission to clearly let you know that Fett died in VP along with Chewbacca.

The only OT characters that Del Ray killed so far was Chewbacca. If Fett had died in VP, by now we would know from Del Ray or LFL that he did. There is no point in keeping it a secret.

12. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Ok sorry if someone else had this thought...
    and I am serious so please bear with me.

judging by the title of the new movie that none of us have seen there is some cloning of people going on. (I avoid most spoilers so forgive me). Is it possible or maybe even likely that there is more than one Fett running around. This could account for different background stories if there where 2 of him. Maybe one of them laid low while the other made a name for himself. Then when the main one became sarlac food the other came out and made up a story about climbing out of the pit.

13. Europa

Europa Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2001
    Boba Fett did not die in Episode VI. Fett is alive and crawling out of Dune Sea because he has rocketpack jet. Boba Fett is not dead, he will appear in New Jedi Order soon.

14. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    That could be true Doright. You'll see...and we'll see next year, if LFL decided to do a fix that way. But, erm...::whispers:: It's hard to talk about AotC spoilers in here sometimes.

15. Rolic_Charon

Rolic_Charon Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2001
    I figured it out
    After the Clone Wars Boba Goes into Hiding And takes the Name Jasper Mareel, he Becomes the Journyman and all that stuff, then By the time all the Civil War stuff gets started he gets figured out, goes and Digs up the Mandalorian Armor, and starts going by Boba fett again! And woundt you think Anikan would remember the Name Fett and the armor even after he becomes Vader

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Obviously he knows Fett:

1) He seems to be Vaders favorite bounty hunter

2) He knows Fetts methods (i.e; Vader: No disentagrations.....Fett: As you wish)

17. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Vader's connection to Fett maybe why he brought the Bounty hunters in the begin with. It makes sense that they where familiar to each other.

18. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    E2 Spoilers (Highlight to read):

No spoilers outside of the AOTC & Episode III (Spoilers) forum, please.

19. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Ahhh, okay Val. I apologize.

20. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    sorry I am avoiding spoilers so I cannot read you post.

21. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    it's ok, I got a *responsible* admin on it. No more spoilers there.

22. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    I must have missed that new spoiler rule... heh. Its kind of strange actually because you would figure that those movies combine completely with the EU.

23. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    ah hoe do i get to see the spoilers

24. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    PM Wild_Karrde, I'm sure he can tell you what he wrote.

25. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    **** thats my fault should of been a w sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.