main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Did Boba Fett kill Owen & Beru?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by WhiskeyGold, May 4, 2015.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    That's like the flimsiest of excuses. I'm still unconvinced, sorry.

The Empire didn't bother to keep the hunt a secret in ANH, they were openly patrolling streets and asking random peasents about the droids.

2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Yep, and yet this one is still alive...[face_whistling]

5. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Because that thread is locked and can no longer be posted in.

6. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Exactly, here endeth my involvement

7. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Here is something else, was Luke wanted to the questioning of the Lars murders? I mean they are killed and their nephew skips the planet and runs off with some old man and joins a terrorist group. That has to look bad to at least the local police

8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

By the time he was identified as the one that destroyed the Death Star, I think the Empire had more serious charges to levy against him. :p

WhiskeyGold likes this.
  9. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I prefer the theory that Vader order the troopers to kill them, but the Boba theory works too.

However, there is a way to combine the theories. Vader ordered Boba to kill them.

10. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Out of universe: no, the character wasn't invented yet. In-universe: it's a fun fan theory with semi-substantial evidence to back it up.

I just assumed Sandtroopers torched the place after Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru proved uncooperative with the Empire's men.

Trebor Sabreon and Darth_Pevra like this.
  11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Wasn't Boba in the scene where Han confronted Jabba at Docking Bay 94? Granted, it wasn't included in the original theatrical release, but it was filmed.

12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012

Apparently new actors played Fett for Special Edition bonus scenes:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_Fett/Canon

The character was also added into the 1997 Special Edition of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, where he was portrayed by Mark Austin,[23] while Don Bies played Fett for shots inserted into the Special Edition of Return of the Jedi.[24]

13. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    Yeah, I think Boba Fett was in the employ of Jabba at the time. Unless Boba Fett decided to hunt down a couple of droids for profit, disintegrate helpless citizens, and then do a protection job for Jabba the Hutt in like a what, two day time frame? It seems like if he was looking for the droids, he wouldn't quit until he found them.
    So I think it was actually the sandtroopers that killed Owen and Beru.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Malcolm Reynolds

Malcolm Reynolds Jedi Master star 5

Sep 2, 2013
    i like to think so. It makes Boba have a bit of a backstory but still keep him mysterious

15. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    Boba Fett being responsible for the deaths of Owen and Beru is possible though I believe Darth Vader sent Mod Terrik, Davin Felth and the other members of Zeta Squadron to investigate and shoot to kill as well. I do not see Vader hiring Boba Fett to handle murder of Owen and Beru when the troopers have the capability to do so.

16. Jabba the Pizza

Jabba the Pizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2015
    I like the vader hiring troops for sick pleasure thing.

17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    That was the most pointless change in the SE of ANH, the other characters in that scene looked interesting enough. May be replace one or two of the Rodian's with Dengar or Bossk would've given them more scale for their brief scene in ESB.

18. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Maybe he did. He was thinking to himself 'well... I've got a badass look and a reputation for being a stone cold mutha in the fandom but no actual feats yet. Guess I'd better earn that rep. I know! I'll kill an aging farmer and his wife, then no-one will doubt me again!' and off he went. Because Boba Fett is so badass, you guys.

19. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    i prefer robot chickens version

V-2 likes this.
  20. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I can answer this....

No

21. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Here is the truth, he certainly didn't kill them, we know this becuz Fett did not exist in 1977 when this film came out, they Lucas invented him after this as far as we know. Also the movie is fairly simple, it is clear Lucas wants the audience to think it is the storm troopers, and it was.