main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Dooku steal it?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Alomanuma_Topha, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alomanuma_Topha

Alomanuma_Topha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2004
    I was watching ep2 again and I noticed that maybe Count Dooku (although I always call him Darth Tyranus) took Anakin's arm when escapes on his ship at the end. The reason I think this is that he's off camera for a good second- enough to force grab it and also if he didn't take it, they would have just stiched his arm back on. After all, why risk losing some of his midis with a robot arm. I also think that he would want his arm so that he could take a midiclorian reading. After all, the more you know about your enemy, the better. Maybe this is why Palpatine becomes so interested in Anakin in ep3.. he knows the his midi count now!

2. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Yes, Dooku did take Anakin's arm.
    Then he ate it...
    with a nice ciante and some fava beans![face_skull]

You're kidding.... right??:eek:

3. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Has it actually ever been confirmed that having a robotic limb or two actually takes away the midichlorian count?

The number is in the blood,just which a small sample of Anakins blood in TPM,they knew how much he had...even though it was off the count.

And do you ever see Dooku actually holding the arm?I dont see it in his ship when he leaves.

Maybe its just off the screen,Seeing as he cuts it off and force pushes him...maybe the force push hit the arm too and because its so small it flew farther off screen.

4. Darth_Tweakpiece

Darth_Tweakpiece Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    And here I thought I was tweakin'....[face_beatup]

5. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Heh, this reminds me of my poll... :p

6. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I highly doubt it.

7. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    yep.according to Lucas vader lost more than half of his potential when he lost his limbs in mustafar

[/quote]

8. Virgilius

Virgilius Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2004
    Yeah, I've heard that Anakin lost half his power after Mustafar. I wonder how much of his potential he lost when Dooku severed his arm? Apparently not much.

9. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    he must have lost some of his potential in geonosis but nothing much.after mustafar he loses 3 limbs and most of his skin as well :p

10. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    Palps knows about his count of midi, b/c he or his master created him.

11. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    that isolated topic is under heavy discussion in the ROTS forum...it cant be certain who created him because lucas said that it was meant to be ambiguous

12. DarthJiangWei

DarthJiangWei Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2005
    Palpatine had taken an interest in Anakin since he first got to Coruscant ( as seen in the novelization of TPM). He knew Anakin was going to be his new apprentice because either he or Plagueis influenced the MCs to create Anakin and he knew that the only being in the universe with that many MCs or just that magnitude of Force power would have to be the one that he or Plaguies had "created".

13. Count-Tyranus

Count-Tyranus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2005
    Dooku mounted Anakin's arm on his mantle on Seranno, along with Sifo-Dyas' head.

14. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    I don't think Dooku took the arm. What were the Sith going to do, clone Skywalker if he didn't turn? Dooku had to get out of there and take the secret designs to Sidious. He didn't have time to take Anakin's arm. Besides, would a clone of the Chosen One be just as powerful as the Chosen One?

As far as the Sith creating Anakin, I thought Shmi summed that all up to Qui-Gon in Episode I.

15. IKilledSifo-Dyas

IKilledSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 2

Aug 6, 2003
    Maybe Dooku didn't want to leave "unarmed" (ZIIINNNGGGG!!!!).

16. Conantheking

Conantheking Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2005
    You cant stitch an arm back on, when a lightsaber cuts the hand off, it immediatley burns and and roasts the stump closed, the stump becomes charred and it is impossible to attach the arm back on.

17. Conantheking

Conantheking Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2005
    Taken from the official site:

Why couldn't they reattach the arm?
    Anakin's arm was severed by a lightsaber. Lightsabers cauterize wounds, sealing them. Thus, the arm could not be reattached because the wound had been sealed on both ends. It would be attaching a dead hunk of fle####o a living body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.