main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did GL Try To Force To Many OT Characters Into The PT?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by LordVader66, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    At first I didn't like the Tatooine birth for Anakin (actually, he wasn't born on Tatooine, if you listen closely. ;)

The only thing that felt forced to me was Threepio being built by Anakin.

2. ninjedi

ninjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2000
    Definitely a few too many cameo characters from both the OT and the books thrown in for the geek squad to flap about. I got a little tired of "Swiss Army R2", with his endless supply of convenient gadgets, rocket boosters, etc that we didn't see in the OT. But then, many things about the PT reeked of GL tapdancing and spreading the cheese.

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, instead Lucas and his kids did...[face_clown]

4. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    R2 having so many gadgets is explained by having Anakin tinker with him constantly, it's very clear in the EU for anyone really interested. Anakin plays with machines, he always has, it's not so farfetched that he would make all kinds of modifications to his R2 unit. As for them not being seen in the OT, well 20 years have passed. He surely doesn't have much need for them after ROTS, it is likely all the extra gadgets were removed in that time period for whatever reason. These things can be explained very easily. It's easy to forget that 20 years is a very long time.

5. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Lucas would have been pushing it if he'd added Han Solo to ROTS like he originally planned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.