main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Did Grievous play a role in the building of the Death Star?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by starwarsagent, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Speaking of heavy lifting...

Grievous was actually rebuilt without the vulnerable "gutsack" and relocated to Tatooine as a worker droid. He was featured in the extended Mos Eisley scenes of the SW Special Edition.

[image=http://www.starwars.jp/droid/image/asp_droid.jpg]
    Grievous

And folks say Lucas doesn't plan this stuff ahead of time. [face_miscief]

2. casbairosai

casbairosai Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2005
    ^lmao nice one

3. Clone_Commander169

Clone_Commander169 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    GG had no role.. he was just there... he was a help in the plan but thts it

4. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    I'm assuming all of the Separatist leadership knew about it, at least by the time of ROTS. In AOTC, the only ones we know for sure are Dooku, Poggle and Sidious. The others might've seen the giant hologram, but were too busy with the battle to ask "Hey Poggle! What's that ball thingy!"

I assume the Separatist Council knew all about it by the time they were on Mustafar. There are Death Star-like images in the control room (actually, did anyone find out whether or not it was the Death Star? It looked like the ANH specs) and my guess is that a lot of these factions were pouring money into the project.

Grievous probably knew about it, but didn't really care. "BAH! You FOOLS! Don't bother me about your technological terror, I'm busy conducting a war!" He'd probably prefer the strategic nature of battlefield combat over just scaring the enemy with a giant planet-killer.

I'm wondering, if the Geonosians were the ones hired to do the actual building, what happened after Poggle's unfortunate accident? Did the Empire just enslave them and force them to finish the job, or did they just forget them entirely and bring in more loyal workers?

5. Vaeron

Vaeron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    It's hard to say who among the Separatists knew what and when. At the end of AotC it seemed to me, at least, that the Seperatists believed Dooku was still respectable and was helping them recover from Darth Sidious' manipulations, and that they wanted to leave partially because they knew Sidious controlled the Republic. In RotS we find out the Seperatists knew all along they were still working for Sidious and that Dooku was his apprentice. So it seems likely that everyone knew a whole lot more than they let on.

But, like others have said, there was no particular reason for Grievous to know or care about this information. Sidious and Dooku both played their cards very close to the vest, and I think they would have in this instance also.

6. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    PPOR dude, seriously on this one. How do we know any of this would lead to his knowledge of the Death Star? Or participation in it's creation?

7. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004

Remember that in the end grievous was the leader of the war and he took in all the separatists under his protection. if the separatits knew about the plans to build an ultimate weapon then GG had to also be aware. makes sense.

The Goal in any war, and the goal of a general is to construct a deadly weapon. In GG's case, he has the invisible hand, which was a great technological terror. the ship was amazing, with shields, powerful lasers, canons. etc. no one could destroy the general's ship. But of course we had to have anakin, the boy who blew up a trade federation ship in EP1 that no one else could. Only he destroys it. GG was looking for the ultimate weapon to use against the jedi and he may have agreed to join the separatits for that goal. Palpatine had help with the construction of the death star, you all have to realize he didnt all do it by himself, he used dooku, the separatists, CIS, the jedi, Grievous and everyone else to fund the construction. I may be going off in a wild speculation spree but like someone pointed out, the death star does have many similatities to the death star's technology. it's advanced, fast and metallic. it has a weakness in its center and it almost has an alien mentality to it.

therefore I believe that grievous was not "just in the movie" he had all to do with the plans to build the death star. And ultimately, created the Empire.

SWA.

8. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    But of course we had to have anakin, the boy who blew up a trade federation ship in EP1 that no one else could. Only he destroys it.

The Invisible Hand was destroyed by the barrage it undertook when going toe to toe
    with a Republic Attack Cruiser. Anakin merely piloted the front half in, sort of.

The destruction occured due to the severe battle attrition from point blank combat.
    Anakin doesn't do anything directly damaging to the IH, except for blowing out the
    hangar bay shield generators.

9. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    SWA, you are reading a lot into this that is not shown on screen or in the EU. Give us some evidence to work with.

10. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004

Well, think about it, all the separatists knew about the construction, and GG was their leader so he had to be aware too, somehow, I just know he had something to do with the construction, its too technologically advance, just like him.

SWA.

11. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Saying that everybody in the CIS knew about the secret plains is a bit of a stretch.
    In AOTC, don't Dooku and Poggle the Lesser wait for the others to leave before
    discussing the ultimate weapon plans?
    GG is a product. The DS is a product. Just because they are manufactured
    by the same entity doesn't mean that they have anything to do with one another.
    It would be ludicrous to give the DS into the hands of a beserker like GG.
    The Tarkin policy made much more sense.
    GG would have used it like a toy.

12. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    I doubt he had any part to play in this. He seemed nothing more than a Body Guard for the Sepretist leaders, moving them to safety when the need arrived. He was a droid general and a Jedi killer, his purpose was to kill and theres no evedence he is some kind of mastermind or engineer capable of building or overseeing such a construction.
    Was he even around at the time of AOTC when the plans were drawn up? I know his history, but how far back does it go? Was he re-built after the accident betwen AOTC and ROTS or before? Are we to assume he has always been behind the scenes of the droid army's or is he a new addition?

I doubt Sideous shared his plans for the death Star with anyone other than his most trusted diplomatic advisors and the imperial sente, who were under his control anyway. I believe the first time anyone other than commanders and chiefs of the new Empire gazed upon or even knew of this construction, was when Vader looks out from the bridge of the star destroyer.

13. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    Which happened anyway on Mustafar.

14. FRANKTHERABBIT

FRANKTHERABBIT Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    I reckon GG had a role to play in sprucing Padme's kitchen in My House, My Castle... GG always struck as a handyman-type droid, and his four arms could be put to use carrying out many domestic tasks all at once.

;)

15. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    Good point dude. he could chop, saw, drill and plaster all at once. :0)

BTW, was'nt Frank The Rabbit in Donnie Darko? Good movie.

16. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    "Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?"
    "Burn it to the ground"

17. Sidious_T

Sidious_T Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Better suited to be a mechanical Porta-Johnny.

18. Darth-Trepidor

Darth-Trepidor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 10, 2005
    Greivous was in charge of security for all those in CHARGE of the plans for the Death Star. He doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it directly. Who knows...

19. FRANKTHERABBIT

FRANKTHERABBIT Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    " BTW, was'nt Frank The Rabbit in Donnie Darko? Good movie.

"Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?"
    "Burn it to the ground" unquote.

:) Yep - Donnie Darko is a great movie! :)

Franks up there with Darth Vader! ;)

20. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    I doubt it. Grievous was the coodinator of the droid army. I'd bet Tarkin was the mastermind behind it's construction if not it's design. Seems like the kind of thing that would require one's full attention and Grievous had his hands full.

21. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Very true, he was the commander of the droid army. That's quite a task during an interstellar war.

22. impunity

impunity Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2005
    There's no indication in the film that Grievous had a hand in constructing the Death Star.

23. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    In the film or anywhere else, for that matter.

24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The Death Star was seen in the war room. So I think that everyone in there who was on the Separatist Council knew of it. Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, Lott Dodd and Gilamokis Labkith (sp) didn't know about Darth Sidious being the mastermind of this whole operation until after they were all safely away from Geonosis. When Grievous got Poggle offworld and to where the first CIS base was located, that's when Sidious revealed himself.

25. DarkerDonnieDarko

DarkerDonnieDarko Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2005
    I heard on supershadow that the emperors throne is made out of greevous's remains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.